This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#213257 by jimmydanger
Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:32 pm
Actually Peg was much smarter...she left.

#213259 by VinnyViolin
Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:40 pm
Planetguy wrote:vinny might be off the scale smart but i don't believe him to be any smarter than peg was. jus' sayin' is all.

I'm not all that smart, but I'd agree with that peg is just as smart ... even if you do flatter yourself there a bit Planetguy! :wink:

#213262 by Kramerguy
Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:59 pm
J-HALEY wrote:
Kramerguy wrote:sorry but dennis miller and bill o'really are just un-watchable and un-listenable. care to summarize what they said? Clearly you think it was important.

You have to watch it. I am not going to summarize. If you are so closed minded you can't watch it I guesss you'll never know! :)

I don't dislike you Kramer, in fact I have respect for your views. I disagree with your politics but that doesn't make you a bad guy! You are also a bad@ss guitar player.

Yeah I did try earlier, but dennis miller is seriously unwatchable.. I'm not ducking out or kidding here, All I hear is him mention one name like "boston" then two paragraphs of most 3 and 4 syllable adjectives and adverbs, then one more useful reference such as the name of the bomber, or Obama, then two more paragraphs of the same. By the time he reaches any descriptor in a sentence, I am wholly tuned out of his frequency.. I just hear "bla bla bla bla"..

Alex lifeson's RRHOF speech was easier to follow, and frankly, more informed and entertaining :)

I like dennis's character acting, when a hollywood writer revises his diatribes down to 5% of the original content, and then have him deliver it.. but on his own, Dennis is just a parrothead with nothing useful to add to any discussion.

I'd gladly have the discussion, just rather someone else frame the content...

#213264 by PaperDog
Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:10 pm
J-HALEY wrote:
VinnyViolin wrote:
PaperDog wrote:
VinnyViolin wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIbKO7iMoD8

Freedom fighter and right hand man of Shamil Basayev safe in the USA!

Who is Shamil Basayev? Why should you care? :roll:

THe MOre important Question here is Name 5 GOOD things Basayev has done for the USA...? ANd when you discover you cant answer that, at all... please refrain from accusing others of being extremists for having asked that question...

Ok, I apologize for having called you an extremist Paperdog

... when it is clear, by your maniacal obsession with your own moronically conceived little game, that you want to substitute for any sort rational discourse, that you are really too much a mediocre muddleheaded twit to be considered extreme. :lol:

Typical liberal tactic! Hurl insults and call names when you have NO ARGUMENT! Vinny you don't look very smart when you do that, even to a dumb redneck like me! You are smarter than that brother! :wink:

LOL... Oh Vinny was all over the map dodging my question , like a gerbal in a maze. He still can t answer my question, but at least he's apologized. Naturally, from his point of view...I'm a twit... But this comes from a guy who thinks I was playing a game...when in fact, i merely asked a salient question. :D By the way Vinny, there really is no such thing as 'rational discourse" , any more than there is 'ordered chaos'... :lol:

#213332 by J-HALEY
Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:52 pm
VinnyViolin wrote:I'm a native citizen of the USA, I have voted on local and national levels. I think the USA as a sovereign republic functioning as it was intended to, would be the greatest nation in history thus far ... but USA as an empire to dominate the world hijacked by globalist's who openly advocate a world government that looks to be at least as corrupt as the current USA government is a huge bummer.

I am not anti-goverment ... I think 'we the people' desperately need real representation, and that has been swiftly dwindling over the past half dozen administrations. No hatred for the USA here ... but criticism of the elements that steer our democracy toward it's demise.

Here here! On this we agree!

#213334 by Slacker G
Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:03 pm
I'm still waiting to hear:

If I had a Chechen son from the Caucasus region of Russia, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev might look exactly like my son, um I mean if I was lighter skinned he'd probably look just like my son.

#213335 by Starfish Scott
Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:19 pm
lol Why Slacker, i thought they were both your sons..

#213337 by mdh studios
Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:23 pm
Meh, when something is beyond my power to really shape I don't concern myself with it. That goes without saying when it comes to politics.

The way I see it- if I vote for people I've thoroughly researched who are qualified for the job then I've done my part and it's back to life as usual. Why worry about what is out of my control?

#213367 by VinnyViolin
Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:46 pm
J-HALEY wrote:
VinnyViolin wrote:I'm a native citizen of the USA, I have voted on local and national levels. I think the USA as a sovereign republic functioning as it was intended to, would be the greatest nation in history thus far ... but USA as an empire to dominate the world hijacked by globalist's who openly advocate a world government that looks to be at least as corrupt as the current USA government is a huge bummer.

I am not anti-goverment ... I think 'we the people' desperately need real representation, and that has been swiftly dwindling over the past half dozen administrations. No hatred for the USA here ... but criticism of the elements that steer our democracy toward it's demise.

Here here! On this we agree!

We may disagree on a lot of things, but at least we do agree on something basic! :D

#213371 by PaperDog
Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:00 pm

Why do you feel you need representation at all? That's the thing about you hippies..LOL! You want everyone else to do everything for you. You might as well stick your head in a jar and audition for Futurama

#213373 by VinnyViolin
Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:10 pm
mdh studios wrote:Meh, when something is beyond my power to really shape I don't concern myself with it. That goes without saying when it comes to politics.

The way I see it- if I vote for people I've thoroughly researched who are qualified for the job then I've done my part and it's back to life as usual. Why worry about what is out of my control?

Once upon a time across the ocean, some people suffered under a government which was out of their control. They came all the way over here to this continent get away from that schit! They formed a system that would empower the common people to control their government.

May be it should concern you, even if only a little bit, that the government that governs you is now beyond of your, or people's in general, control. Things like the Magna Carta and the concept of unalienable rights of the people ... without those, a new era of total rule by the few wealthiest, is poised to make a big comeback!

#213375 by J-HALEY
Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:14 pm
VinnyViolin wrote:
mdh studios wrote:Meh, when something is beyond my power to really shape I don't concern myself with it. That goes without saying when it comes to politics.

Once upon a time across the ocean, some people suffered under a government which was out of their control. They came all the way over here to this continent get away from that schit! They formed a system that would empower the common people to control their government.

May be it should concern you, even if only a little bit, that the government that governs you is now beyond of your, or people's in general, control. Things like the Magna Carta and the concept of unalienable rights of the people ... without those, a new era of total rule by the few wealthiest, is poised to make a big comeback!

Sadly its already happening! :shock:

#213376 by VinnyViolin
Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:23 pm
PaperDog wrote:

Why do you feel you need representation at all? That's the thing about you hippies..LOL! You want everyone else to do everything for you. You might as well stick your head in a jar and audition for Futurama

Why would I take seriously somebody who owns an expensive custom made sitar, but still cannot even tune it? :lol: I think I remember reading some hilarious sufi stories about that exact sort of folly ... :lol:

#213384 by VinnyViolin
Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:49 pm
Starfish Scott wrote:lol Why Slacker, i thought they were both your sons..

Image?

#213388 by J-HALEY
Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:02 pm
My cousin It! Now you know what I would look like if I didn't keep the front and sides cut short (mullet) LOL! :wink: