This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#211553 by ssemble
Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:00 pm
That's why the worlds in the mess.

Everybody just want's fame and fortune, it's a good thing the Hoi-Polloi that really make the world go round aren't so temperamental.

Can we have a World Revolution Now..

Or at least turn our TV's off for the day...

#211574 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:30 pm
I used to watch 5-6 hours of tv a day. Now I'll watch a little news, or nothing for days on end. Making music is much more fun.
I'm not looking for fame and forutne ... well, a little money would be nice. :wink:

#211575 by jw123
Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:31 pm
I just want to beat on my drum all day!

#211599 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:04 pm
That's "Bang On The Drum" all day! Did that song, sitting in with my friend, 2 Saturdays ago. He brings a bunch of percussion instruments for the audience to play - drum, tambourine, shakers, etc. Place went absolutely nuts!

#211670 by MikeTalbot
Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:32 pm
I got rid of TV when I split up with the wife. Except for loud guitars and bass, my world is fairly quiet now.

And I think my IQ has gone up a couple points. I watched 'Idiocracy' on Netflix the other night and it no longer seemed like a documentary! :?

Talbot

#211684 by fisherman bob
Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:11 am
Somebody with a rather reactionary viewpoint said Obama's presidency was kind of like Idiocracy. Perhaps just a bit of a stretch....
#211696 by ssemble
Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:14 am
I watch very little TV now and i feel like an outsider looking in when i watch my family glued to the goggle box.

It's thought provoking when you see how comatised they can become.

But even worse ,they learn nothing from the experience.