This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#20482 by bottomfeeder08
Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:11 am
The first songs I learned on bass were.............
"D'yer M'aker" by Led Zeppelin
"The Ocean" by Led Zeppelin
"Burnin' for You" by Blue Oyster Cult
"

#20484 by HowlinJ
Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:08 am
Bottom Feeder from the land of "Martin",

You're close enough to come jam with us! (to bad you're not a lead player).

Welcome to the forum.

"J"

#20490 by iralarry
Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:44 am
I am 50, I started when I was 14 or so, but I think it was George Harrison's Give Me Love. I played it as an audition for high end music lessons and the girl nearly laughed her ass off. I sang as well. Needless to say I was shy about playing for girls for years. She f*^ked me up but taught me some great finger picking guitar licks. Eternally grateful and hateful. Bitch....

#20498 by Guitaranatomy
Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:37 am
iralarry wrote:. Needless to say I was shy about playing for girls for years. She f*^ked me up but taught me some great finger picking guitar licks. Eternally grateful and hateful. Bitch....

Lmao! Yeah, I have never played around anyone in public, put me around a woman and I am as good as dead. I am shy enough, try throwing a guitar in my hand and telling me to show off in front of a hot girl, I would probably mess up badly.

Then again, if I play a pretty enough piece around a girl accurately I might have a shot at a date! Lol. Just like write one love song and suffer through playing it the whole time just to get that date, lmao. Neh, just kidding around, I know crap about women.

By the way, I did mess something up, the first song I learned was "Dream On" by Aerosmith, and I used to know more of it, but now I have forgotten it. I never could really do the small solos at that time, but I got the beginning down and part of the chorus, lol.

Peace out, GuitarAnatomy.

#20499 by Irminsul
Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:34 am
My first piano song was at age 6 - "Laura's Theme" from the film "Dr. Zhivago".

#20503 by ted_lord
Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:50 am
first tune I taught myself was manson's minute of decay and then I sharpened the teeth on coal chamber and am breaking to hardcore metal begrudgingly, I enjoy my tool knockoff riffs

#20866 by blues-nut
Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:17 am
Hi Ya'll, My first post here, can't help myself on this thread. My first song was when I was seven and taking lessons, it was Merry had a little lamb followed by Tom Dooley. Man that was almost 46 years ago, been some water over the dam since then.

#20898 by Starfish Scott
Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:51 pm
House of the rising sun. lol
#21492 by guitargal
Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:06 am
I believe it was "who will stop the rain" and after that there was , of coarse, "The House of the rising sun".. Ain't it great. Great beginnings.
I love music !!!!!!
guitargal

#22306 by OurSins
Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:38 am
Joe Walsh Funk 49

second without errors RedNeckStomp obituary

Third Black Sabbath Paranoid with minor errors still

#22307 by OurSins
Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:40 am
OurSins wrote:Joe Walsh Funk 49

second without errors RedNeckStomp obituary

Third Black Sabbath Paranoid with minor errors still[

#22347 by RhythmMan
Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:42 pm
Funk 49 was one of my first 20 or so . . . still a good song after all these years . . .
Hmmm when did that come out, again?

#22571 by Demetreous
Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:55 pm
Classical music .. I learned the violin before the guitar I was about
11 or 12 years old?
:D

#22654 by Selfinflicked
Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:41 pm
"Sweet Home Alabama"

#22693 by The KIDD
Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:08 pm
Hey Gang,

First tune I drummed to in 68 was ....GAWD....Do I have to say?...My Mom made me play her 50s' records... It was "Bebobalula (shes my baby)" On guitar in 75 it was "We're an American Band"...

John