This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#201684 by Starfish Scott
Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:02 am
I've met some really creepy people up North.
Not a lot of them, but enough.

Down south they might be mean, but they hide it well enough.
And I am an adult and polite until I have reason not to be.

I also have a Midwest accent so people don't think I am from NJ.
Thus I have loved each and every trip to the south.

(If you are nice to people down there, they treat you like someone they know and like)
(In the north, they won't really act decently to you unless they know you WELL.)

Leave now, while you can run from the East Coast and the land of the pretentious assholes or you'll turn into one.

#201693 by Mike Nobody
Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:02 am
Chief Engineer Scott wrote:I've met some really creepy people up North.
Not a lot of them, but enough.

Down south they might be mean, but they hide it well enough.
And I am an adult and polite until I have reason not to be.

I also have a Midwest accent so people don't think I am from NJ.
Thus I have loved each and every trip to the south.

(If you are nice to people down there, they treat you like someone they know and like)
(In the north, they won't really act decently to you unless they know you WELL.)

Leave now, while you can run from the East Coast and the land of the pretentious assholes or you'll turn into one.

Dave Chappelle - open racism
http://youtu.be/_4WoAnty748

#201700 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:39 am
I wanted to move to North Carolina but my wife wouldn't leave Texas. Colorado is great too.

heck, I love every state in America, though the cops in New Mexico scare me.

#201719 by Deadguitars
Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:36 pm
yod wrote:I wanted to move to North Carolina but my wife wouldn't leave Texas. Colorado is great too.

My bro lives in NC ..... its so beautiful down there .... pretty cheap too.

#201720 by Mike Nobody
Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:40 pm
yod wrote:I wanted to move to North Carolina but my wife wouldn't leave Texas. Colorado is great too.

Cops are dicks all over.

#201745 by Starfish Scott
Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:59 pm
I wouldn't leave Texas.. just find a part of it I liked a little better than wherever you are..
Last edited by Starfish Scott on Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#201746 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:00 pm
Mike Nobody wrote:

Cops are dicks all over.

True but in New Mexico there is no one to see what they did with the body....

#201749 by jimmydanger
Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:12 pm
Rasta (the singer of the Farleys) took a Greyhound bus from New Mexico to Detroit (and also wrote a song about it). He said he hated New Mexico the most.

#201760 by Kramerguy
Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:10 pm
I've been to most states, I traveled a lot for my old job.

Culture and society are so different from one another, but in a way, all are still american in nature and spirit.

Detroit was the dirtiest city I've ever witnessed. Never saw so much trash on the side of an interstate in my life (it was literally a foot deep consistently for miles). Entire neighborhoods look like Berlin in 1944.

Minneapolis / St Paul (twin cities)- gorgeous!! People there are very nice and wonderful.. cities are CLEAN. Bridges seemed to have a problem tho :(

LA/San Fran - Amazing, both were unique and beautiful, exciting in their own unique ways, I didn't want to leave. I actually sat down for 10 minutes in LA (1999), and seriously considered just not getting on the plane home, leaving everything behind, and just starting over there. It really had that much impact on me. Part of me still wishes I did. Seems too late now.

Toronto - incredible. Like stepping back into 1977 culturally. I loved it, didn't want to leave there either.

El Paso- Depressing craphole. Looks like a mad max movie. Couldn't wait to leave.

FLA - several places.. great weather, I love palm trees and tropical breezes and sunshine. I don't care for hurricanes tho! The people in FLA came off as incredible a-holes, very selfish and unaccommodating, every one of them seemed to base their actions on what was in it for them.

NC/SC - only drove thru, people seemed nice and it was pretty. Heard nothing but good from most.

NYC - fun place to visit. wouldnt want to live there

TN - bbq was awesome. People were mostly nice

WASH DC - crap hole. Most people were foreigners, seemed to HATE americans, openly rude and hostile, traffic is horrible, people drive like they are on fire.

many more, but I'm outta time :P

#201761 by Deadguitars
Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:14 pm
"Chicago New York Detroit its all on the same street"

8)
In NC everyone waves at you as you drive or walk by
Mega friendly and a beautiful state

No Philly review ?
We are special.
8)

#201762 by Mike Nobody
Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:15 pm
Kramerguy wrote:I've been to most states, I traveled a lot for my old job.

Culture and society are so different from one another, but in a way, all are still american in nature and spirit.

Detroit was the dirtiest city I've ever witnessed. Never saw so much trash on the side of an interstate in my life (it was literally a foot deep consistently for miles). Entire neighborhoods look like Berlin in 1944.

Minneapolis / St Paul (twin cities)- gorgeous!! People there are very nice and wonderful.. cities are CLEAN. Bridges seemed to have a problem tho :(

LA/San Fran - Amazing, both were unique and beautiful, exciting in their own unique ways, I didn't want to leave. I actually sat down for 10 minutes in LA (1999), and seriously considered just not getting on the plane home, leaving everything behind, and just starting over there. It really had that much impact on me. Part of me still wishes I did. Seems too late now.

Toronto - incredible. Like stepping back into 1977 culturally. I loved it, didn't want to leave there either.

El Paso- Depressing craphole. Looks like a mad max movie. Couldn't wait to leave.

FLA - several places.. great weather, I love palm trees and tropical breezes and sunshine. I don't care for hurricanes tho! The people in FLA came off as incredible a-holes, very selfish and unaccommodating, every one of them seemed to base their actions on what was in it for them.

NC/SC - only drove thru, people seemed nice and it was pretty. Heard nothing but good from most.

NYC - fun place to visit. wouldnt want to live there

TN - bbq was awesome. People were mostly nice

WASH DC - crap hole. Most people were foreigners, seemed to HATE americans, openly rude and hostile, traffic is horrible, people drive like they are on fire.

many more, but I'm outta time :P

You could maybe write a guide book for tourists, "that place sucked, this place was okay, the handjobs are pretty cheap at the hotel rooms here..."
:lol:

Berlin was probably cleaner.

#201772 by Prevost82
Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:32 pm
Like Jimmy I'm retiring much futher south

#201776 by jimmydanger
Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:45 pm
Gotta love Mexico!

#201839 by MikeTalbot
Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:58 pm
That picture speaks to me in a way that a place like Florida never could.

Talbot

#201859 by RGMixProject
Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:25 am
Its funny when you travel around the world and you see certain people and you think to yourself, “dam, there is one in every town”