This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#200613 by stargazingboy
Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:36 pm
Hi, I am a pro blues keyboard player, bored with touring europe and really wanting a change. Are there any bands out there that could offer me the dream?

#200615 by Kramerguy
Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:45 pm
I'm honestly speechless. I can't form a coherent sentence in direct response to this post. Well done, sir!

#200618 by stargazingboy
Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:04 pm
Well I dont know who George Carlin was but he certainly had the knack of stating the ambiguous! Which I like so thank you...I think?

#200621 by Kramerguy
Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:09 pm
george carlin was a great man, a populist, a rebel, a genius, and more or less, just a comedian. Go to youtube and look him up, listening to him is time well spent.

#200630 by jw123
Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:30 pm
Why do you drive on a parkway, and park on a driveway?

Shouldnt it be the other way around?

#200632 by Mike Nobody
Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:39 pm
jw123 wrote:Why do you drive on a parkway, and park on a driveway?

Shouldnt it be the other way around?

About this time, someone is telling you to get on the plane. "Get on the plane. Get on the plane." I say, "f**k you, I'm getting IN the plane! IN the plane! Let Evil Knievel get ON the plane! I'll be in here with you folks in uniform! There seems to be less WIND in here!"

#200634 by stargazingboy
Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:46 pm
And the dream turns to a nightmare...has anyone got something to say to me that isn't a quote? 'I mean Im loving all this wisdom, just not sure how to apply it to my own situation?' - Stargazing Boy 2013

#200636 by jw123
Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:52 pm
Sorry Star guess we invaded your thread, good luck, get out in the clubs where people are playing and meet people that actually play music, get to know them, socialize with them.

Good Luck

#200637 by stargazingboy
Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:04 pm
Good advice man but for the fact that Im in the uk right now. What I need is a touring blues band I can fly out, hook up with and drive off into that californian sunset. Thats all, can't be too much to ask for? Seriously, I am the guy for the gig so if you know anyone or have any idea's, contacts or personal advice (not Hunter S Thompson quotes, George Carlin or Bill Hicks for that matter, much as I love him). Over here we are all told that the states is the place to 'live the dream', well lets do this people! God damn, I quoted someone there myself...

#200638 by jsantos
Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:20 pm
Outside of California, you may want to research the Blues scene in Chicago. The Blues circuit here is very active, providing many venues like Buddy Guy's Legends, B.L.U.E.S on Halsted and Kingston Mines. Look into these clubs and maybe send a CD press kit or a link to your website for the Club promoters. They may know artist looking for Keys. Good luck friend.

#200640 by stargazingboy
Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:49 pm
thanks j, will see what goes :)

#200642 by Starfish Scott
Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:16 pm
Are you familiar with the concept of "midair refueling" via military aircraft?
In some ways, I imagine that would be easier. lol

So you are looking for artists in California, right?
Wake up, people..you snooze you lose.

#200649 by MikeTalbot
Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:40 am
Google pops up over 500 talent agencies in LA.
http://www.yellowpages.com/los-angeles- ... t-agencies

When I did that - I just blasted on out there, did all the things you'd expect and found some stuff happening.

Jerry may be right about Chicago though - LA is a more of a showcase town.

Talbot

#200653 by jimmydanger
Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:26 am
Huh? California? Blues? I would wager we have a better blues scene in the D, and it pretty much sucks here. Like Jerry said, Chicago, New Orleans, Philadelphia all have thriving blues scenes. L.A. is the genital wart of the blues scene.

#200663 by gbheil
Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:33 am
I'm still contemplating how one gets tired of touring Europe .