This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

How many people respond to messages?

67%
22%
11%
#199778 by chris505815
Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:31 pm
Why do people bother putting up a profile if when messaged, they do not respond? Is it some ego thing, that they think they are real musicians or something if they are on a website? Big whoop! My understanding is that this website is to get musicians in touch with each other. I must have messaged 10 people in 25 mile radius of my local, and only one responded, who did not even have a drivers license. I responed in kind.
If someone messages ME I at least respond out of courtesy, even if I am not interested in hooking up with them.
Pisses me off because I paid the fee for Premier Memebership for naught.

Rant over. Cheers!

#199794 by gbheil
Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:39 pm
My personal search results net approximately a 20:1 ration of return communications.

As I've stated before when this was mentioned the reason is this place has enough dead wood to reconstruct Noah's ark.

That said with diligence I was able to fill all the vacant positions of our band.
Except the most recent a key board player.
The search continues.

#199795 by Jahva
Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:53 pm
Chris
As Sans has said "dead wood" there are lots of inactive members on BM. Look for people that have been active within the last month or so.
Select refine your search, scroll to the bottom and select activity date then select the week since they were last active.

Also FYI if they are not a Premium member they cannot respond back to you through Bandmix. You can get around this by including an e-mail address in your message...
Good luck.

#199800 by Starfish Scott
Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:11 am
You can be a free member and reply to a message sent to you.

(how many time do we need to go over this facet of Bmix?)

And I try to reply to each and every message, albeit some replies are more inane than others.

And some days I am just cranky as hell. lol

#199804 by gbheil
Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:33 am
Chief Engineer Scott wrote:You can be a free member and reply to a message sent to you.

(how many time do we need to go over this facet of Bmix?)

And I try to reply to each and every message, albeit some replies are more inane than others.

And some days I am just cranky as hell. lol

Say it ain't so . . . :lol:

#199822 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:46 pm
"Some days" Scott??!! :lol:

As other say, people are starting profiles here, and then not checking them.
In my continued search for a musical duo partner, I have realized if the other person is not actively searching for the same, he's not inspired enough anyway. You want to play with me? Don't make me do all the work in getting together.

#199844 by Starfish Scott
Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:52 pm
"YOU MUST DO ALL THE WORK" ..

(breaks out the voodoo hex and chicken blood)

Yup you're beat from here on in.."roll up those sleeves". lol

PS: Anger is just another synonym for "focused and busy".
Just ask any corporate "middle manager".

#199948 by chris505815
Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:43 pm
Chief Engineer Scott wrote:"YOU MUST DO ALL THE WORK" ..

I hear ya! All my life I seem to b the one who "put's it together". You would think I'd be use to it. Just get's old

#199950 by gbheil
Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:46 pm
chris505815 wrote:
Chief Engineer Scott wrote:"YOU MUST DO ALL THE WORK" ..

I hear ya! All my life I seem to b the one who "put's it together". You would think I'd be use to it. Just get's old

Yeah, it does brother.

Just be sure your break your goals up into small digestible pieces.

And if you fall short of a goal here or there just regroup your poop and try it again.

If it was easy . . . everyone would be doing it.

#201847 by Ric3xrt
Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:01 am
I reply when I have the time, wich right now is not enough of time.LOL

#201957 by Sticks56
Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:00 pm
:evil:
Last edited by Sticks56 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#201969 by PaperDog
Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:16 pm
"...Why must I...be like that...?
"... Why must I...chase the cat..?
"... Nuthin but the Dawg in me....." :lol:

#201976 by Starfish Scott
Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:40 am
Sticks56 wrote:In regards to people not replying, I believe that because the site is initially "Free" that people who have strummed a chord on a guitar, sang in the shower or have maybe carried a 4/4 beat on the Drums believe that quantifies them too be on Bandmix, you get to post a pic with your instrument etc. Half the people on Bandmix are "Flakes or Wannabe" musicians, I have always replied to people that have hit my profile with a "Thank You" but..... All I can say is provide people with as much contact info as possible, i.e. Email, Phone numbers, etc and if they are really serious, they will contact you! I wish you all "Good Luck"!

WTF are you talking about with 1 thread, no music and no posts...
And plenty of photos? Gee that's odd..

What came first the chicken or the egg?
Last edited by Starfish Scott on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

#201997 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:48 pm
Chief Engineer Scott wrote:
Sticks56 wrote:In regards to people not replying, I believe that because the site is initially "Free" that people who have strummed a chord on a guitar, sang in the shower or have maybe carried a 4/4 beat on the Drums believe that quantifies them too be on Bandmix, you get to post a pic with your instrument etc. Half the people on Bandmix are "Flakes or Wannabe" musicians, I have always replied to people that have hit my profile with a "Thank You" but..... All I can say is provide people with as much contact info as possible, i.e. Email, Phone numbers, etc and if they are really serious, they will contact you! I wish you all "Good Luck"!

WTF are you talking about with 1 post, no music and no posts..?

And plenty of photos? Gee that's odd..

What came first the chicken or the egg?

You beat me to this reply, Scott!