This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#19786 by Irish Anthony
Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:01 pm
blair_rock wrote:Irish Anthony
The you do good, good happens to you principal isn't weird. Some call it Karma some ying and yang, what goes around comes around, sowing and reaping etc... . I studied NSA Budism for a while and by chanting
Num Me Yo Ho Reng Ghay Quo , forgive the spelling I know it's wrong,
I asked for something that was impossable at the time and it happened.
Physical laws like gravity work weather you believe in them or not. There are spiritual laws that are the same way. Just like gravity. just like flipping a light switch. Weather I believe in electricity or think that Elvis makes it happenfrom the great beyond. Either way the light comes on.

Oh and by the way dragons do exist.

Why Irminsul What a big harp you have.
Is that your harp or are you just happy to see me.

God Bless to all,
Blair

you make some great points blair you are the kind of christian who could do alot of good for your faith...you have a level head and a firm grasp of the ways of the world..its a shame more people cant see christians like you enjoying your faith and less of the "bible bashing" god hates you type of fundamentalists who always make the news and make non christians run in the other direction....it never matters what faith it is it always seems that the "nutjobs" get all the press..it must make for better television or something..

and yes with a little help from budda ive found that ive learned to believe in me...i could never be a monk(i couldnt or wouldnt want to live without guinness) but i could hold the rank of a "householder" at best....everybody on this planet needs faith...people need something to believe in and i would never knock anyones faith, it should be of free will and open to the ideas of other faiths.

#19802 by Irminsul
Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:44 pm
blair_rock wrote:

God Bless to all,
Blair

Yep...*adjusts pants* that dragon always lured the babes!

#19859 by Enduring House
Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:21 pm
Hey remember Petra,
they are still going strong.

We have a song on our bandmix profile
that's Christian ROCK, it was recorded
in our Home studio!

#19865 by Irish Anthony
Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:17 pm
Irminsul wrote:
blair_rock wrote:

God Bless to all,
Blair

Yep...*adjusts pants* that dragon always lured the babes!

come on now irminsul...its a family show...lets try and keep it clean :lol:

#19871 by Irminsul
Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:16 pm
Woops.

#19899 by KelleyD
Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:30 pm
Anybody listen to Demon Hunter? They're a pretty good christian rock/metal band.

#19922 by Irminsul
Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:32 pm
Sounds like a video game.

#19931 by Starfish Scott
Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:19 pm
I think that would make a good sitcom, Bossy Christian Band! LOL

#19952 by neanderpaul
Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:06 am
Irminsul wrote:Sounds like a video game.

The band name or their music?

#19963 by Irminsul
Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:31 am
The band name.

#19975 by TheCaptain
Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:34 pm
Saw Petra live several years ago here in Maine.
I was completely blown away.
One of the coolest "concerts" I've been to..

#20142 by gbheil
Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:06 am
I'm a rocker and always have been ever since I found an Iron Butterfly 8 track in the ditch while riding my horse. (rural Texas ) I am a Christian save by grace alone. I am going to make a loud noise unto the Lord cause he save my butt from burning in hell. "Shouting his praise till my lungs bleed." Jesus died for me and I refuse to walk around looking at the ground because someone else dont like my way.
If they want to sing praise in soft vibrato more power to em. Just aint my way.

#20143 by Irminsul
Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:07 am
Do you feel that Jesus wants your lungs to bleed?

#20144 by gbheil
Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:20 am
It bees a Band moto my man, Lets not get too literal. And He Did Bleed for me. My point being If playing a loud distorted strat with my brothers in the band helps me to resist the temptations to kill em all and eat my lunch setting on the corpses. Is it a bad thing?

#20146 by Irminsul
Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:48 am
That's the reason I asked, because I still remember way back when I was a wee church goin' lad, they taught us he suffered so we wouldn't have to. I have this feeling that inflicting pain, suffering and loss on oneself isn't something that Jesus would prefer to see.