This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#198977 by KLUGMO
Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:52 pm
This may be a little touchy but should children grow up not knowing that
people like that shooter exist?

Do you think they need to grow up savy and aware that evil exists.

Should they just be protected and kept pure of all negativity?

Is our world so saturated with bad around every corner that to not
expose a child to this reality is leaving him unprepared for the real world ?

Have you ever known someone who put themselves in danger because
they were just clueless or ignorant of the situation they put themselves in?
(not that those children did)

This subject reminds me of film I have seen of people walking toward the
ocean as it receaded as the szunami grew closer.[/b]
Last edited by KLUGMO on Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#198979 by jimmydanger
Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:15 pm
Children are ready for the truth when they start asking about a subject.

When kids ask where babies come from you don't tell them the stork, you tell them that mommies and daddies make babies when they love each other.

When they ask about mass killings of children in a school you don't tell them it's because the principal didn't have a gun, you tell them that a sick man did it.
#198982 by Mike Nobody
Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:29 pm
KLUGMO wrote:This may be a little touchy but should children grow up not knowing that
people like that shooter exist?


Is the question "Should we raise gullible morons?"
Uh, then, no.
If the question is "Should we shelter kids from EVER knowing how screwed-up the world is?"
That would also be a No.

KLUGMO wrote:Do you think they need to grow up savvy and aware that evil exists.?


It would be better if they knew the truth of things than to live in a bubble fantasy world.

KLUGMO wrote:Should they just be protected and kept pure of all negativity?


IMPOSSIBLE! All you accomplish by being overprotective is make them into future victims.

KLUGMO wrote:Is our world so saturated with bad around every corner that to not
expose a child to this reality is leaving him unprepared for the real world?


Well, here's the thing, the world isn't ALL BAD.
It isn't ALL ROSES, either.
The world is EVERYTHING.
It is what it is.
If you try to teach kids as much about EVERYTHING as you can, they will be better prepared to deal with it than if you only showed them the nice pleasant things.
This is where myths and fairy tales originate.
It gives children a general understanding of things, to navigate the world with.
The bible, for example, is great literature and full of good life lessons if you later realize that it is NOT a history or science book.
It has good and evil and some grey areas in-between.
Aesop's fables are also great stories for teaching how the world works.
The Brother's Grimm, great stuff!

KLUGMO wrote:Have you ever known someone who put themselves in danger because
they were just clueless or ignorant of the situation they put themselves in?

Yes, quite a few.

KLUGMO wrote:This subject reminds me of film I have seen of people walking toward the
ocean as it receded and the tsunami grew closer.[/b]


Those are the sorts of people who never watched horror movies!
That's a strictly "Rated G" audience there.

#198983 by KLUGMO
Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:33 pm
My son is not clueless to the evils of the world. He is clueless though to
the idea of work ethic and how that pays off. ha ha

One day he will realize there is a whole big world out there outside
of his phone and the internet. ha ha

[/b]

#198998 by gbheil
Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:23 pm
Ignorance of the truth is not bliss.
It's deadly.


Short story: At the range last summer with my sons, a nephew, and some other friends.
Just before loading up to go home my eldest son speed to the firing line and emptied a 30 round magazine through his AR15 as fast as he could pull the trigger. There are automatic weapons that don't have as high a cyclic rate as a 17 year old trigger finger.
The RANGE OFFICER hearing the commotion stepped up behind us and stated.
" I would normally cancel a membership for someone shooting that fast on this range, but being as all his rounds hit on target, I think I'll leave him be"

I just nodded my head, smiled, and went back to shooting.

The moral is training . . . and training is moral.

#199042 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:05 pm
sanshouheil wrote:Ignorance of the truth is not bliss.
It's deadly.


Short story: At the range last summer with my sons, a nephew, and some other friends.
Just before loading up to go home my eldest son speed to the firing line and emptied a 30 round magazine through his AR15 as fast as he could pull the trigger. There are automatic weapons that don't have as high a cyclic rate as a 17 year old trigger finger.
The RANGE OFFICER hearing the commotion stepped up behind us and stated.
" I would normally cancel a membership for someone shooting that fast on this range, but being as all his rounds hit on target, I think I'll leave him be"

I just nodded my head, smiled, and went back to shooting.

The moral is training . . . and training is moral.


You just scared the crap out of kramerguy.
He doesn't have a clue.

By the way,,,, COOL. 8)

#199068 by PaperDog
Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:53 pm
jimmydanger wrote:Children are ready for the truth when they start asking about a subject.

When kids ask where babies come from you don't tell them the stork, you tell them that mommies and daddies make babies when they love each other.

When they ask about mass killings of children in a school you don't tell them it's because the principal didn't have a gun, you tell them that a sick man did it.


The real truth is to tell them is that many "mommies and daddies" make babies even when they don't love each other... and often, in such cases, those babies are called 'fetuses' and generally get thrown in the trash before they become babies.

Then the follow up to that would be... The sick person who shot all those kids in school basically took heir lives because he had a gun and 'could'

#199071 by Mike Nobody
Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:07 pm
PaperDog wrote:
jimmydanger wrote:Children are ready for the truth when they start asking about a subject.

When kids ask where babies come from you don't tell them the stork, you tell them that mommies and daddies make babies when they love each other.

When they ask about mass killings of children in a school you don't tell them it's because the principal didn't have a gun, you tell them that a sick man did it.


The real truth is to tell them is that many "mommies and daddies" make babies even when they don't love each other... and often, in such cases, those babies are called 'fetuses' and generally get thrown in the trash before they become babies.

Then the follow up to that would be... The sick person who shot all those kids in school basically took heir lives because he had a gun and 'could'


:roll:
ABORTION, ABORTION, ABORTION...
Don't you people think of anything else?

"sigh"

Actually, there is a scene in the horror thriller "Pin" that shows exactly the way parents SHOULD talk about procreation with their kids.

The mom caught the kids with a swiped Playboy from their friend's house.
So, the dad, a doctor, uses a medical dummy to explain that children's bodies change during puberty to prepare them to become mommies & daddies.
He then explains the mechanics of it without being vulgar or gross or juvenile.
He treats his kids like intelligent people and doesn't talk DOWN to them.

"Pin" is a pretty good, underrated, movie.

#199077 by MikeTalbot
Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:36 pm
This is a dreadful topic. Should we tell kids about sick mass murderers...

What makes it so depressing to me is that when I was a child, we did not tell kids about that sort of thing, because there was no need to.

But now? I worry when my granddaughter rides her bike around the nieghborhood.

Sad times in the ole USA...

Talbot

#199080 by Mike Nobody
Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:43 pm
MikeTalbot wrote:This is a dreadful topic. Should we tell kids about sick mass murderers...

What makes it so depressing to me is that when I was a child, we did not tell kids about that sort of thing, because there was no need to.

But now? I worry when my granddaughter rides her bike around the nieghborhood.

Sad times in the ole USA...

Talbot


Well, this sort of thing has always been around.
What's different is how the media sensationalizes things.
There USED to be journalistic standards.
But, not anymore.

I remember all sorts of sick stuff when WE were kids.
No one explained any of it to us.
Not really.
But, then, the church tried scaring us with some crazy sh!t too!
So, adults were basically no help at all.

#199082 by Starfish Scott
Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:44 pm
It's a great argument for "not having any".

Anyone with a quarter brain knows how to use a condom.

(looks around)

Only the stupid think that everything can be left to chance alone.

#199168 by gtZip
Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:55 pm
Dar... Tis true.
Mine were not planned, but I wouldn't put them back.

Life is crazy.

Half of us are retards here, and since most artists and scientists are deep thinkers - that leaves a heck of a lot of lost causes to raise kids out there.

I'm migrating my family to Prevosts property

#199208 by Kramerguy
Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:33 pm
GLENNY J wrote:You just scared the crap out of kramerguy.
He doesn't have a clue.



Well glen.. how would you expect me to respond to that?

I guess I could take the jesus approach and turn the cheek.. But wait, I'm not christian.

I guess I could return fire, but that's way too easy.

Guess I just did.

#199209 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:54 am
Kramerguy wrote:
GLENNY J wrote:You just scared the crap out of kramerguy.
He doesn't have a clue.



Well glen.. how would you expect me to respond to that?

I guess I could take the jesus approach and turn the cheek.. But wait, I'm not christian.

I guess I could return fire, but that's way too easy.

Guess I just did.


ASSHOLE,after your last post basically calling for the overthrow of the government because you believe the constitution is outdated,,,, The only reason you are protected is because I am CHRISTIAN, AND THE WHOLE CONSTITUTION IS BASED ON CHRISTIAN AND JEWISH SOCIETAL VALUES.

Return fire, you couldn't shoot your way out of a used condom!

You are another liberal traitor to the UNITED STATES of AMERICA.

You said it, and posted yourself!!!!!!!

#199210 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:08 am
POSTED 12 20 12 under gun haters page 6
KRAMERGUY,,,

Yeah, I'm saying it like it is, you guys are seriously f**k up in the head. Who gives a sh1t what the founding fathers think..? they framed the laws knowing that times would change, which is exactly why congress has the ability to make and change laws. The constitution is severely outdated, and I personally would vote yes to a new one. We're one of the few countries in the world without a modern constitution, and also one of the few who have never re-written one to keep up with the times. We're obviously too stupid to believe any other country can do anything better than us, so we refuse to learn from anyone, and keep making the same stubborn and dumb mistakes.

Don't get a BB gun Kramer,,,,,, You'll shot your eye out!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests