This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#19721 by Jon Nilsen
Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:12 pm
"Mary Ann"

Refrain:
All day, all night, Mary Ann,
Down by the seaside sifting sand,
All the little children love Mary Ann,
Down by the seaside sifting sand

Taught in Jr high school begginer guitar class 1975 -ish. A girl I had a crush on was going out with this guy who played guitar. I figured if I learned to play she'd like me too.

#19737 by crazycloe
Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:16 pm
311 beautifull disaster, being a drummer, and playing by ear it took a while but those dueling guitars really get my blood boiling. my old bandmembers really nailed it too. having talent around you really pushes you to excell.
________
Spanish recipes
Last edited by crazycloe on Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

#19754 by Dajax
Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:34 am
Secret Agent Man by Johnny Rivers.

#19761 by Mitchell D
Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:12 am
First song I learned was Jingle Bells at age 8. You guys are all so heavy. f**k all ya all. Nothing worse than a serious rocker! Dimplededheaded pleabeaus mangarso ditch worthworthys! I'm drunk fmy ass as don't give a sh*t!
Peace all you fukin twitlars! God Bless the IRISH!

#19762 by Irminsul
Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:54 am
OK, you're cut off mister.

#19768 by Guitaranatomy
Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:10 pm
Sonoliento wrote:First song I learned was Jingle Bells at age 8. You guys are all so heavy. f**k all ya all. Nothing worse than a serious rocker! Dimplededheaded pleabeaus mangarso ditch worthworthys! I'm drunk fmy ass as don't give a sh*t!
Peace all you fukin twitlars! God Bless the IRISH!

*Scratches his head* Does it help I like to sometimes play "Carol of the Bells" on guitar, the metal version? Lmao. Well, uh, I really have no words for this one.

Peace out, GuitarAnatomy.

#19773 by HowlinJ
Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:08 pm
Note to G.A from "Uncle Howlin",
If ya ever git to play in beer joints and ya see an Irishman, buy him (or her) a "Guinness" and KEEP AWAY!

Sono,
Nice playin'! (like that "Hog" too.)
Last edited by HowlinJ on Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#19778 by Guitaranatomy
Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:21 pm
HowlinJ wrote:Note to G.A from "Uncle Howlin",
If ya ever git to play in beer joints and ya see an Irishman, buy him (or her) a "Guiness" and KEEP AWAY!

Sono,
Nice playin'! (like that "Hog" too.)

Lmao. I will keep that in mind.

#19829 by Mitchell D
Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:53 am
Thanks, boys with the understanding and all, another lout is what I am at times, it gets lonely here on this icy coast what with nothing but callibogus to drink and gam with the same old and no wimmin 'sept suicidal Ennuits and more of the same enough to make a man crazy enough to play music in the states for a livin' I tell ya. I learned O' Kearney A Wey at age 9 and the sprit of the thing is with me still. I'm not bi-polar I'm IRISH. You can kill me noe or kiss me before we all rot on the heap and pray for salvation together all the same to me. Until then we sell beer and keep 'em on the floor right as best we can! USA here I come! PRAISE BE !

#19849 by HowlinJ
Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:39 pm
Sonoliento,
Gave your music a closer listen, (still didn't get time to get through all of it). Very good stuff indeed! I think it probable you'll hook up with other good players.

P.S. That's a fine piece of "stone masonry" you're standing in front of,(and a fine "Paul" you"re standing in back of).
Last edited by HowlinJ on Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#19889 by Sean Wilson
Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:51 am
Polythene Pam by The Beatles. A guy friend of my mom's taught it to me on an acoustic when I was about 11.

#19895 by Faultline 29
Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:42 am
first song on guitar i learned was in bloom-nirvana
first song on bass i learned was an original my bandmate wrote

#19905 by Strictly Business rock
Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:01 pm
I dont really remember which song I learned first, but these were the first songs I learned:
Iron Man
Highway to Hell
Enter Sandman
Or Sweet Leaf

#19908 by scarletrust
Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:29 pm
The first? Can't pinpoint it too accurately, but it was probably "Sunday Bloody Sunday" by U2 or "Love Song" by Tesla. The first song I feel like I really could play very well was "Alive" by Pearl Jam. Those are some early ones. I'm not gonna count all the 3 chord punk songs that poured out of the teen years. :wink:

#20139 by Dave Dakota
Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:37 pm
the who "I'm Free" LOL !