This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#198377 by gbheil
Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:45 am
:D

#198394 by neanderpaul
Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:59 am

#198423 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:15 am
neanderpaul wrote:Welcome first post...
I see a challenge on your profile that says
"Basically, one man band. Beat it!"
I see your challenge...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5IAQVPGKTs
instrumental
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_wuZdKCMwE
And a capella
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhxRVcg6AqY

Where is your music? :wink:

Soulful...dude that rocks! Guess you wrote that, and did you just beat-box the drum part?

didn't realize you were such a good singer. Do you play out much? Have you ever thought about doing house concerts?

#198424 by neanderpaul
Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:33 am
Thanks Yod!
I wrote just the bass line actually. Nathan Hunnicutt aka Hunnicutt Slim wrote the guitar part, I wrote the bass off of that, then he wrote the lyrics and melodies from my perspective. It's my signature loop. I end my shows with it. I did not change it from the original arrangement. I did just beat box the drums. Thanks for the singer compliment! It is my number one skill. I toured in 09 but not much since. Too hard with 2 young'ns at home. I'd be ALL about house concerts. I've done a few. Thanks for the response!

#198425 by neanderpaul
Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:39 am
Here is the original "Walking alone" I programmed the dinosaur drum machine, played bass, and recorded it in a radio station where I was working at the time. late 90's I think. Nathan Hunnicutt played rhythm and lead and sang it. He made this video not too long ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jJEyIi1X7U

#198456 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:21 pm
I liked your live version much better, and it only took about 15 seconds to decide that.

In Texas there is a house-concert circuit for singer/songwriters. Surely there must be something like that in the Virginia area? Virginia Beach has a lot of street musicians, and I think they are actually paid (something) by the city to be there, because it's kind of touristy. Ever checked into that?

But you are in the best part of the country for a touring artist because you can tour extensively within 6 hours of your home, making it easy to go home after every weekend. There are dozens more metropolitan areas within a 10 hour drive of where you live that you should be cultivating venues in.

Asheville NC and Bristol VA and Knoxville TN are all (relatively) close to you, not to mention DC, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and all of Ohio. I can't keep up with everything you've posted but you seem to have an endless stream of entertaining videos.

What stops you from being full-time already? The risk scare you?

#198471 by neanderpaul
Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:48 pm
Several things stop me. First I am a Christian. It is against my understanding of the bible and it's approximately 160 warnings against alcohol to drink alcohol period. Because of that I also do not step foot inside bars. Not alone keeps me from making money music. Second I love being a dad. I love spending time with my girls. I don't ever want to spend nights away from home. I may spend two or three nights a year with my wife away from my girls. I am a stay-at-home dad. I am needed several times a day every day. I cook, clean, chauffeur, garden, keep chickens, etc etc. being away from home is just not an option for me by choice.

Thanks for recognizing my diversity in my videos!
Country, rock, pop, spoken word, A cappella, instrumental.

If I can blow up on the Internet perhaps I could make some money with it.

#198475 by jimmydanger
Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:55 pm
Nice Paul!
#198491 by Cajundaddy
Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:16 pm
neanderpaul wrote:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151308740273421&notif_t=like

Sweet! I always enjoy your songs Paul.

#198495 by Prevost82
Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:25 pm
diddo ... what Johnny& said ... :D

#198531 by neanderpaul
Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:34 pm
Thanks for listening gents! :D

#198538 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:03 pm
neanderpaul wrote:Several things stop me. First I am a Christian. It is against my understanding of the bible and it's approximately 160 warnings against alcohol to drink alcohol period. Because of that I also do not step foot inside bars. Not alone keeps me from making money music. Second I love being a dad. I love spending time with my girls. I don't ever want to spend nights away from home. I may spend two or three nights a year with my wife away from my girls. I am a stay-at-home dad. I am needed several times a day every day. I cook, clean, chauffeur, garden, keep chickens, etc etc. being away from home is just not an option for me by choice.

Thanks for recognizing my diversity in my videos!
Country, rock, pop, spoken word, A cappella, instrumental.

If I can blow up on the Internet perhaps I could make some money with it.

My heroes are good parents! God bless for putting your family first. That make you a real American hero!

I'm a christian too. I see a prohibition against getting drunk, but those verses were all written by people who drank wine regularly. There are even benefits of drinking wine (in moderation of course).

1 Timothy 5:23
Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.

Not trying to stumble you, but there is no prohibition against drinking...only being drunk.

Secondly, while it's true you are not to be "of the world", you are commanded to be "in it to win it". If you aren't strong enough to walk into a bar without getting drunk then, yes, stay away. Otherwise, there is no prohibition against it except from a cultural christian morality. (not a biblical one). It would be better to be a tee-totaler than a drunk though.

I respect your determination to be at home every night. We all have to follow our calling...