This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#1485 by lovegood77
Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:56 pm
Drummers, I have an electronic kit, Pintech, and Roland crossbreed. I really enjoy the sound, and at 48, have drastically improved, through sound quality and motion functuality! Any one else share my enthusiasm? Let me know, oh I am aware they dont fit the "Look" of standard accoustics......but where else can you get a kit that you just "add water" to? Your thoughts would be appreciated...guys and gals alike. Rock on.........................M :P

#1731 by PearlForLife
Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:25 am
Hey, LoveGood, I know what you mean, I have been playing electronic drums for a long time now. And I love It. You can practice anytime and can program any sound you want(just add water). I think the sentiment has changed slightly in favor of electronic versus acoustic, just because the technology has changed so much. that you can make them sound just like the real thing. I know some studios that are only using electronic.
You will always have the purists that will frown upon them. And just for them, I do have two acoustic kits I play alot with. But I have to say, I love lugging these things in a bag or two versus a whole acoustic kit. Keep the faith! :D

#1779 by Guest
Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:13 pm
I'm right there with you guys. I've only played electronics for a looong time now. To me, working in a cover band really lets me put them to good use. Plus, recording in my little home studio is so much easier! And, yes, being able to go downstairs and wail away at midnight cinches it for me!

I don't currently own any acoustics. I don't think there is anything wrong with them, they're just not for me. I've always thought that anything that allows you to express yourself is fine with me!
#1984 by Cool Wood
Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:49 am
Hey Drum_Stl,
What kind of drums are in the picture? Did you re-wrap Roland? I love the set, tell me more about it.

Thanks,
Bwood 8)