This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#197733 by stonecabin
Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:08 pm
:evil:
Anyone get pestered by weirdos who reply to adds for musicians. They have a chat, talk about themselves, then say they'll listen to your demos on myspace, never do then call you a week later having forgotten that they called you last week and when you tell them to piss off can't see what the problem is. Yes Terry from Gosport thats you (amongst others). Probably couldn't play the drums anyway. Pheeew, thats better.

Stonecabin, feel the warmth...

#197743 by fisherman bob
Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:17 pm
Does Myspace still exist?

#197744 by J-HALEY
Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:20 pm
Hey brother I listened to your music and I like it! You know a Texas boy likes those Tele's and a song like "A Poor Dirt Farmer"! :wink:

Don't let the flakes get you down the music biz is full of them! :)
#197754 by PaperDog
Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:08 pm
stonecabin wrote::evil:
Anyone get pestered by weirdos who reply to adds for musicians. They have a chat, talk about themselves, then say they'll listen to your demos on myspace, never do then call you a week later having forgotten that they called you last week and when you tell them to piss off can't see what the problem is. Yes Terry from Gosport thats you (amongst others). Probably couldn't play the drums anyway. Pheeew, thats better.

Stonecabin, feel the warmth...

Ditto what Jeff said... I like yer stuff mate!

#197755 by Starfish Scott
Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:09 pm
Boy is he ever right..

For every 10 people you talk to, 7 of them will be stone cold idiots.
2 more will have drug issues and maybe 1 of them will show promise enough to actually be useful.

Be careful of those that say they like what you are doing and then try to get you to do their stuff only.

There's a shitload of them as well.

#197762 by gbheil
Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:22 pm
Chief Engineer Scott wrote:Boy is he ever right..

For every 10 people you talk to, 7 of them will be stone cold idiots.
2 more will have drug issues and maybe 1 of them will show promise enough to actually be useful.

Be careful of those that say they like what you are doing and then try to get you to do their stuff only.

There's a shitload of them as well.

I think you may have understated the odds some.

More like 1:20

#197764 by Starfish Scott
Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:24 pm
LOLZ Ok George, I concede you are probably right..

It's depressing me to no end, but I think you are correct for the record.

(Hit me again while the cuffs are on, that way I know it's "realism". lol)

#197781 by Mike Nobody
Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:00 am
George Carlin - "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

#197813 by Slacker G
Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:55 am
Well yeah. But did you try with other musicians other than the ones from here that have myspace accounts? :)

Listening to your A "Poor Dirt Farmer" now. Sounds good. My on line machine is so slow and my OS so outdated that the only way I can listen is to go to Soundclick, where I can still use my player (AS opposed to Bandmix that had to update their player to one I can't get.) or download it. So I downloaded it. :)

Yeah. I love that brittle Tele sound. I pick with a mellow tone, but I sure like that in your face Tele sound that you have captured.

Your song inspired me go over to my rack and pull down a Tele and "get down wif my own bad self" a bit tonight. Usually I pick up a Strat, but tonight, I'm on a date with my Tele. OHHHHHHH BabY! Gunna go git some o that hot Tele stuff . :) :)

#197844 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:12 pm
I don't give out my phone number until I have 'pre-auditioned' the responder via online music or MP3s he has sent me. If you put your phone number in a public ad, you're an idiot who deserves calls from other idiots!

#198319 by stonecabin
Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:32 pm
Thanks for all the positive feedback. We've been looking for a drummer for ages, just can't find one???
Guitarmike, maybe we'd be an idiot to pay a tenner a month for a premium account. For what, to be able to send messages, maybe not total idiots, ay mate...

#198337 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:56 pm
stonecabin wrote:Thanks for all the positive feedback. We've been looking for a drummer for ages, just can't find one???
Guitarmike, maybe we'd be an idiot to pay a tenner a month for a premium account. For what, to be able to send messages, maybe not total idiots, ay mate...

Some people here think its worth it! I just put my contact info in my profile.

#198340 by stonecabin
Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:38 pm
So have we. Just desperate for a drummer, have to put up with the crackpots until one turns up. Then change the phone number :?

#198345 by MikeTalbot
Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:10 pm
Stonecabin

I like your stuff. Hope you find your drummer. interesting space you've positioned yourself in. Good luck.

Like the other guys I think I got tele fever from listening to it.

Funny, I play a strat most of the time but sometimes ONLY a tele will do.

Talbot

#198364 by PaperDog
Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:53 pm
I have begun to realize...BM is possible for online collabs...but not so great for forming up bands. HIt the clubs where others play, spend the pounds to get drunk and make friends there...Its the fastest way me thinks to forming a solid network ..