This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#197070 by Kramerguy
Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:41 pm
So.. god created me

My personality, hobbies, traits, and shortcomings are by all means, his desire and his design.

I understand I have free will, I can choose to eat that doughnut, or choose to give it to a needy police officer.

But, let's say my name is ted bundy.. for whatever reason, I'm evil incarnate, designed to kill and maim, destroy lives and families....

I guess god programmed me that way? So if I'm pre-programmed to kill, and everything (including being murdered), is by god's plan / design, then why would he send me to hell upon my death, when he clearly created me and pre-programmed me to take out susie slutpants?

Just saying.. there's enough holes in religious dogma to call it a cheese from switzerland.

#197076 by DainNobody
Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:47 pm
Kramerguy wrote:So.. god created me

My personality, hobbies, traits, and shortcomings are by all means, his desire and his design.

I understand I have free will, I can choose to eat that doughnut, or choose to give it to a needy police officer.

But, let's say my name is ted bundy.. for whatever reason, I'm evil incarnate, designed to kill and maim, destroy lives and families....

I guess god programmed me that way? So if I'm pre-programmed to kill, and everything (including being murdered), is by god's plan / design, then why would he send me to hell upon my death, when he clearly created me and pre-programmed me to take out susie slutpants?

Just saying.. there's enough holes in religious dogma to call it a cheese from switzerland.
God did not create all people equal.. with diseases of the brain altering your brain chemistry you could indeed become (in your words not mine) "evil"

#197078 by Kramerguy
Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:59 pm
yes, but the question still remains that my going evil was a part of an intelligent design, so to speak. I would have performed gods will, as he would have stopped me (or the brain infection) if he did not wish me to kill, according to dogma.

So why don't we celebrate ted bundy as a member of god's enforcement division?

playing on sarcasm and sillyness here, obviously ,but this thread started to bore me, so I figured I'd ratchet it up a notch or two.

#197079 by JCP61
Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:00 pm
Kramerguy wrote:So.. god created me

well sure there is
even Eve wanted to blame someone right off, and God provided the scapegoat.
if you need one, I suppose you need one.

#197083 by DainNobody
Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:19 pm
VinnyViolin wrote:Image
:lol: :lol: :lol:

#197091 by KLUGMO
Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:20 pm
GEESH! I was tryin to stir the pot a little but it turned into a caldron of brew. :D [/b]

#197094 by JCP61
Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:39 pm
God dose that to people
well he's always been doing that.
:lol: :lol:

#197105 by gtZip
Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:54 am
Kramerguy wrote:yes, but the question still remains that my going evil was a part of an intelligent design, so to speak. I would have performed gods will, as he would have stopped me (or the brain infection) if he did not wish me to kill, according to dogma.

So why don't we celebrate ted bundy as a member of god's enforcement division?

playing on sarcasm and sillyness here, obviously ,but this thread started to bore me, so I figured I'd ratchet it up a notch or two.

No. That isn't according to dogma.

In a nutshell -
God created humans, and wanted angels to serve them.
Some angels said "f**k that! They are lesser beings than we".
The leader of that faction got the brunt of the punishment. So he hates humankind, and all manifestations of gods creation - but there's a special hate for man.
Therefore any way he can get humans to die is his hobby.
He hates you.

With free will, he has a window to work with.

Real evil exists.
Real evil spirits exist.

#197108 by MikeTalbot
Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:24 am
Dane

Too many goofs to respond to - you need to re-read the New Testament and see what Jesus has to say. Doesn't recognize evil? whew...That speed reading course owes you a refund.

how about, "away from me, ye evildoers..." as he sends them into perdition.

As to Judging - in context, the only way to read it, this means don't get on your high horse judging who is going to heaven or hell. That's God's call. Yet in other scripture we're told to make a sound judgment and not hang out with folks of low character whom we can recognize based on a lot of called out criteria. We're also told in Mathew 18 how to deal with a brother who is caught up in sin.

And Snakes in Eden? Please. Eve was tempted by a creature of shining light. Serpents prior to the fall weren't quite the same thing you're thinking of. Nothing was.

Talbot

#197109 by Mike Nobody
Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:25 am
In a nutshell -
Humans created GOD in their own flawed image.

Real evil exists.
It is ignorance.
It is superstition.

#197111 by DainNobody
Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:32 am
have you ever read the Bhagavad-Gita? when Krsna instructed Arjuna to kill the enemy in front of him, and Arjuna balked and wept saying many relatives and such were on the opposing side? but duty calls and Krsna(God) prevailed in his instruction to Arjuna about the necessity of performing your duty in life and not to neglect it..Arjuna was of the warrior caste.. was it evil to kill the opposing warriors then only to do one's duty in life?..this will be fun hearing opinions :lol: :P

#197114 by nyRednek
Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:42 am
Dane Ellis Allen wrote:ok, for starters, I am NOT an atheist, and NOT an agnostic, but believe in some sort of Spirit that created the Universe(and perhaps multiple universes?) but please explain the talking snake in the Garden of Eden?

I'd say that it's a metaphor for one's evil inclination. There was no snake, per se, but the constant struggle between what one knows to be right and one's inclination to ignore that path.

#197119 by Mike Nobody
Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:54 am
nyRednek wrote:
Dane Ellis Allen wrote:ok, for starters, I am NOT an atheist, and NOT an agnostic, but believe in some sort of Spirit that created the Universe(and perhaps multiple universes?) but please explain the talking snake in the Garden of Eden?

I'd say that it's a metaphor for one's evil inclination. There was no snake, per se, but the constant struggle between what one knows to be right and one's inclination to ignore that path.

According to Joseph Campbell, the snake is a penis.
Woman seduces man.
Man commits sin.
Man blames woman.
Woman blames penis.

#197123 by JCP61
Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:01 am
so where is the garden?

#197126 by gtZip
Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:08 am
Mike Nobody wrote:In a nutshell -
Humans created GOD in their own flawed image.

Real evil exists.
It is ignorance.
It is superstition.

Mike, I'm glad that you haven't had to experience the real deal, but when one is faced with it, or is in its presence, it is undeniable.
Theories and cynicism leave your mind real quick.