This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#196539 by Ryan Douglas Michelsen
Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:24 pm
Hey again!

So I didn't seem to hit too many nails with the cover to Armin. I decided to play you all a song on the piano!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTFaQcU6oHc

Done by ear all the way through, just put it on and read an article or relax. If you like any sort of classical music give it a shot as i'd really like to get some feedback on it. It's not perfect, but it was improv.

If pure classical music is not your taste, I will once agian offer a trance hybrid bit I just uploaded. I played a by ear cover to one of my own songs, "Everlast". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JihaJgi8 ... e=youtu.be
If you miraculously enjoyed any of it, there is a link to another on that youtube video. Though, I doubt anyone here likes that kind of stuff xD
Everything in that video is mine though, so feedback is appreciated :)

Still though, if you like classical, maybe you will like the first video, and whether you do or not, I could use some kind of peer review :D

The only way to get better is to be criticized!

#196543 by jimmydanger
Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:42 pm
Wow! I'm impressed! Sounds a lot like a Glass composition. Also sounds like most of it is in a minor key, not C major. Would have liked to have seen your hands better, but all in all very well done!

#196546 by Ryan Douglas Michelsen
Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:05 pm
I'm glad you liked it too!
Come to think of it, I began playing basing from "A" for a little more than a third, then moved to "D", and then the last third was based on "C", haha. So it's not exactly "C", but I didn't set it in stone to follow the trans from the start anyway.

Sorry about not being able to see my hands so well, I had to angle my iphone off a dresser to get even that much in the recordings xD (Lost the real camera's charger)