This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#193105 by crunchysoundbite
Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:58 pm
Double Live Gustapo
Last edited by crunchysoundbite on Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#193106 by crunchysoundbite
Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:00 pm
Ok,I give. I thought I heard someone ask for Album names. Quit twisting my ar. I'll be a good prisoner.
Last edited by crunchysoundbite on Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#193107 by crunchysoundbite
Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:01 pm
Good Prisoner

#193109 by crunchysoundbite
Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:02 pm
Smella' Smoke

#193110 by PaperDog
Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:03 pm
fisherman bob wrote:I rearranged some of the letters in Stairway to Freebird:

Tree Birdy Farts

LOL Thats Funny! Very clever!

#193111 by crunchysoundbite
Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:04 pm
Relive Regrets

#193114 by crunchysoundbite
Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:24 pm
Nine Decades
Last edited by crunchysoundbite on Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#193115 by crunchysoundbite
Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:26 pm
Now, Obama Cares

#193620 by darrin479939
Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:22 pm
I am forming Beatles Tribute band & knew I had to come up with a unique name as well.
Let others come up with the suggestions. I decided to have a band naming contest on Facebook. Basically the same way they named the Space Shuttle Endeavour.

You want the name to have the following: Instant recognition of the kind of music you are playing, no other band has the name (of course) and check online to see if what you come up with has been trade marked or not. Stay away from names that are in litigation or that could possibly cause a problem with copy rights.

Once you have a bunch of suggestions, all you have to decide is whether or not all your criteria has been met.

As an example, I will list what I was looking for for my band. Maybe you can glean some ideas from it.

We were to be a Beatles Tribute band not a cover band. The difference? Cover bands songs only require the audience to recognize the song. There is artistic freedom of expression. In a Tribute band you play note for note to match the original recordings.

There are MANY Beatles tribute & cover bands out there. I 1st looked at the lists of well known Beatle bands to eliminate those. The suggestions I received from friends on Facebook then went through the following scrutiny:
1. Must be instantly recognizable as to the music we play. (Beatles)
2. No other Beatles band should have the name.
3. Check if the suggestion has already been Trade marked.
4. Avoidance of all copyrights on what will become a logo or image.
5. Must fit on the Bass drum like Ringo's Beatles & have a way to have a drop down letter like the "T" in BeaTles.
6. Additional requirement for us: Maybe a reference to the fact that the members of the band are older in age. This was optional.

The result: Ye Olde BEETLES.

1. The name BEETLES instantly calls attention to what we play.
2. We checked as many Beatle band lists as we could find. (Get Back is already in litigation!)
3. No trademark for this name.
4. No "A"in BEETLES to avoid copyright problems & lends itself to be a logo for the band
5. Fits on a Bass drum & automatically has a drop down "T".
6. Ye Olde not only has the reference to us being older (Even if that is not readily noticed), it also has an English feel to it as well!
All wrapped up in 3 short words!

Hope this helps. Good luck!
All the best to you as you form your band.
Darrin

#193637 by Starfish Scott
Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:59 pm
another deadbeat added to the ignore list..

#193690 by crunchysoundbite
Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:17 am
Why couldn't we get any of that prepared information on the forefront? It took an hour to give you something I've already proposed, without knowing your very tight schedule. Deadbeats is fitting. Get a bigger drum. Thanks for your critique on the suggested names!

#193691 by crunchysoundbite
Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:24 am
I got one more for you. After that, you are on your own. Drain. It will fit your head.

#193710 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:52 pm
You can't trademark a band name, you can, however, register it. In the US, its a state-by-state thing. Don't know how it works in other countries.
Our Beatles tribute band is called Instant Karma. There's been two other tribute bands with the same name - one was a Lennon tribute in the UK. Neither is in existence any longer.

#193713 by jimmydanger
Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:57 pm
All Beatle tribute bands should be called Beat The Meatles.

#193716 by Anthony003
Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:06 pm
Grand Isle