This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#186832 by Rhythmstick
Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:56 am
is the wink to indicate you're joking around?

because, even tho it's not the norm i have played bluegrass w drummers.

NO SIR! I really enjoy playing bluegrass. It's hard to find gigs though.

I would never make fun of someone's genre .....who's to say what the norm is for you? Certainly not me. :D

#186840 by PaperDog
Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:49 pm
Rhythmstick1 wrote:

It's hard to find gigs though.

And so, the tradition of being a perfect drummer, keeping the less professional musicians at bay...continues ;)

#186856 by Planetguy
Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:23 pm
Rhythmstick1 wrote:

NO SIR! I really enjoy playing bluegrass. It's hard to find gigs though.

I would never make fun of someone's genre .....who's to say what the norm is for you? Certainly not me. :D

no worries. i didn't think you were poking fun at the genre but were merely being tongue in cheek.

...in that being a drummer...you don't get to play much bluegrass since drums and bluegrass is not the "usual" or very typical.

#186868 by Rhythmstick
Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:53 pm
PaperDog wrote:
Rhythmstick1 wrote:It's hard to find gigs though.

And so, the tradition of being a perfect drummer, keeping the less professional musicians at bay...continues ;)

I don't understand what you mean....I never claimed to be perfect. I'm far from it!

#186871 by J-HALEY
Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:19 pm
Rhythmstick1 wrote:
PaperDog wrote:
Rhythmstick1 wrote:It's hard to find gigs though.

I don't understand what you mean....I never claimed to be perfect. I'm far from it!

Hey Rythmstick, I think you took my post about drummers playing songs too fast a little personal. I have been playing professionally for a LONG time. I am sorry if you took offense to my saying what I said! I have played with VERY few drummers that don't prefer to play too fast! If me stating that FACT upset you please accept my apology! You came back with insults and condescention. In the past when a new guy comes to this site with that attitude out the gate. It just brings discord out from both sides of the issue. Welcome to BM there's a lot of good folks here and I am sure you will be one of them. :wink:
#186874 by bermuda493914
Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:53 pm
John Lennon recognized a need for a great drummer who played in an understated sort of way. From Ringo to Alan White, the emphasis was placed on bringing out the songs with a minimal approach. On this Bermudian tribute project to John Lennon, legendary drummer Andy Newmark carries on this tradition of drumming as punctuation. http://www.doublefantasybermuda.com/shop/
#186889 by PaperDog
Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:11 pm
bermuda493914 wrote:John Lennon recognized a need for a great drummer who played in an understated sort of way. From Ringo to Alan White, the emphasis was placed on bringing out the songs with a minimal approach. On this Bermudian tribute project to John Lennon, legendary drummer Andy Newmark carries on this tradition of drumming as punctuation. http://www.doublefantasybermuda.com/shop/

Nice Site, But I know a plug when I see one... :lol:

I will say that I am impressed at how the project really did capture the pastoral which Lennon experienced while he was vacationing in Bermudas. i.e "Watching the Wheels" Bravo to you guys for bringing forward the true essence of that song...It had no doubt been conceived in the Bermudas... The version on Double Fantasy was so mechanical... (albeit great) Kudos to you guys for getting it right.
#188880 by bermuda493914
Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:50 am
PaperDog wrote:
bermuda493914 wrote:John Lennon recognized a need for a great drummer who played in an understated sort of way. From Ringo to Alan White, the emphasis was placed on bringing out the songs with a minimal approach. On this Bermudian tribute project to John Lennon, legendary drummer Andy Newmark carries on this tradition of drumming as punctuation. http://www.doublefantasybermuda.com/shop/

Nice Site, But I know a plug when I see one... :lol:

I will say that I am impressed at how the project really did capture the pastoral which Lennon experienced while he was vacationing in Bermudas. i.e "Watching the Wheels" Bravo to you guys for bringing forward the true essence of that song...It had no doubt been conceived in the Bermudas... The version on Double Fantasy was so mechanical... (albeit great) Kudos to you guys for getting it right.

Haha thanks for the excellent feedback. I definitely agree with you that the feel was nailed on "Watching the Wheels."