This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#180163 by TamsNumber4
Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:41 am
I have never found a musician that would make music tracks for songs that I wrote about my son who died of Leukemia when he was 7.

I would love to have one of those songs finished and playing at my funeral.

That song would be playing on earth while I was joining him again someplace else...........

I don't think it is a morbid question. I also don't want to be in a casket, I want to be sitting in my computer chair (at the funeral home) with my computer on and Skype open so that folks could skype me who couldn't attend and I want my guitar in my hands and my music playing so that everyone in my family and all of my friends who don't listen to me and think I'm crazy for writing songs will be forced to listen to them......Ahhhh

anyone want to be invited??? LOL!!

#180165 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:51 am
That's a sad story Tams,,, Wish I could write the song,,, But it's yours,,,

I bet it's a great song of love.

#180169 by PierceG
Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:45 am
"If I lack awareness, then why should I care what happens to me when I am dead?"-Diogenes of Sinope

My answers, nevertheless:

"When You're Evil"-Voltaire

"This is Not The End"-The Bravery

"Icebox"-Nada Surf

#180171 by jimmydanger
Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:52 am
Dig The Bravery.

#180175 by TamsNumber4
Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:13 am
Sorry Glenny,

I wasn't posting to make folks sad, I thought it was a beautiful thought.

My songs for my son are all written and chorded, I had posted for some good music tracks for them, but folks wouldn't do it, it was too difficult for them to do I guess.......

Hope you are feeling happy now.......I never like to make anyone sad....

Tammy

#180177 by MikeTalbot
Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:54 am
Probably Celluloid Heroes...

But if they are dumb enough not to cremate me, and forget that head shot - then I shall jump out of my coffin, laugh loudly and eat their brains!

Talbot

#180181 by PierceG
Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:28 am
jimmydanger wrote:Dig The Bravery.

I think they are fine, though I usually like harder music. I probably like harder music than Voltaire, for that matter, but the last two songs I picked were because they are my two favorite songs about dying. I would have went with, "(Red Water) Christmas Mourning," by Type O Negative, but that would depress the Hell out of my family.

I also went with, "When You're Evil," just because it is an exercise in musical hilarity. I also get a good laugh out of everyone I know because I start singing it everytime something bad, but minor, happens.