This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#174671 by PaperDog
Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:15 pm
stock footage aside, Excellent job on the other photography... The song is outstanding as well... 8)

#174677 by gbheil
Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:43 pm
Very professional video.

I take issue with the present "popular" C&W video formula.
( and every one I've seen seem to be exactly the same )
They all seem to me to be herky jerky video snippets. A flash here a flash there.
I timed a series of them from GAC and most of the snippets were only a few seconds in duration. A hand here a lip there ... off center or oblique shots WAY overdone.

I do not find them entertaining at all.

Your video, though it seems to follow the same basic pattern was smoother of transition.
And thereby easier for me to watch.
Not being a C&W fan ... I'll leave my general comments stand.

Best wishes
George

#174679 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:58 pm
Oh man, you are opening a huge can of worms here.
Before it gets to carried away I loved the song, the vid, and hopefully all the intentions behind your song. That is just talking music. We don't do that here.

Freedom in America is under attack from all angles, from every direction.
Mayor Bloomberg is continuing his personal attack on fat people,,,,,, He wants to ban soft drinks sold in sizes larger than 16OZ. (this is just a bit of this little let me tell you how to live your life guy) I don't drink soda, but I would never TELL YOU not too.

America is about personal liberty. As long as you you are not peeing on your neighbors bush and destroying Their honorable rights,,,,,
Why suddenly do we have so many people raising their ugly heads against AMERICAN FREEDOM!??
:shock: :o :shock: :x

#174681 by mortoner
Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:50 pm
Thanks for the feedback fellas!

@sanshouheil I agree, the lightning quick snippets don't work for me either. I do like smoothness and creativity in watching other videos as opposed to the "let's see how many shots we can fit into a 4 minute song" approach.

@GLENNY J It's not my song but I agree with you completely

@PaperDog I had no choice but to use stock footage, the artist really wanted to use shots from around the world and it was quite a challenge finding the ones that I eventually used and to have them be relevant, believable and aesthetically compatible with the rest of the footage.

#174688 by PaperDog
Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:53 am
GLENNY J wrote:Oh man, you are opening a huge can of worms here.
Before it gets to carried away I loved the song, the vid, and hopefully all the intentions behind your song. That is just talking music. We don't do that here.

Freedom in America is under attack from all angles, from every direction.
Mayor Bloomberg is continuing his personal attack on fat people,,,,,, He wants to ban soft drinks sold in sizes larger than 16OZ. (this is just a bit of this little let me tell you how to live your life guy) I don't drink soda, but I would never TELL YOU not too.

America is about personal liberty. As long as you you are not peeing on your neighbors bush and destroying Their honorable rights,,,,,
Why suddenly do we have so many people raising their ugly heads against AMERICAN FREEDOM!??
:shock: :o :shock: :x

Bloomberg...wasnt he a supporter of the Mosque buildling Proposition in Manhatten..right there on sacred ground!

#174701 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:21 pm
YES he was Dawg.
He also had the rules changed so he could serve another term.
Pretty scary stuff if you think about it.

That's the way dictators are created.

Wake up America, don't let your government tell you what to do.
IT'S YOUR GOVERNMENT!!!!!!!

#174702 by Jahva
Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:23 pm
Patrick for a first it's good.
Although clips of Americans or landscapes etc... John Cougar did it many moons ago. Followed by many others...
I do remember this song... from a Canadian player who sort of came and went from here. Very talented modern country guy.
The images work within the content of the song but it is kind of typical not very original.
Good Luck to you.

#174703 by fisherman bob
Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:24 pm
I liked both song and video. Good job all around.
#174704 by mortoner
Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:45 pm
@ Jahva Thanks for the honest input. Although I was the man behind the shots & editing, the main concept was from the artist and I had to conform to and ultimately respect his wishes. I know the idea has been done before but I'm trying to get my feet wet - not trying to re-invent the wheel ;)

@ fisherman bob Thanks you very much sir!
#174706 by Jahva
Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:18 pm
patrick477480 wrote: I had to conform to and ultimately respect his wishes. I know the idea has been done before but I'm trying to get my feet wet - not trying to re-invent the wheel ;

I figured as much. :wink:
Do you have a website you're marketing yourself from?

#174718 by TheCaptain
Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:47 pm
you could do a lot worse than Maine...MHO

:)

#174769 by KLUGMO
Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:01 pm
I have a Country music background and will be honest with
my opinion. The song itself is recorded very well and players
are right in the slot. The writing seemed a little lackluster
meening nothing really grabed me about what you were saying.
The hook was weak and misguided and should be defined
and no doubt about it. Great message but weak delivery.
Also the girls roles in the band were confusing visually. I would
give it a C grade.

I think when you hire someone to shoot a video. You cant tie
their hands with control. You choose that person based on past
work and make sure they have a clear understanding of the
meaning and message in the song. After that you let them
use the talent you hired them for. A tweek here and there is
one thing but total control has hurt this video. I believe a
good video producer will have a visual signature if you know
what I mean. THAT is why you hire them.[/b]

#174781 by mortoner
Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:42 pm