This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#174388 by Tommy-T
Tue May 29, 2012 10:21 pm
Hey there people,
I just started using this site, gotta say its by far the best of its kind that ive found! anyway, my names Tom im 28 and im from pembrokeshire, West wales. I joind this site in the hope that i can find some like minded people to get together with and jam, write some new material and just generaly have a laugh with. Ive toured in a few bands and gigged around a bit as an acoustic duo and latley ive really been missing the whole scene.
so thats me! hello to you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh yeah and feel free to listen to and DL any of the tunes i have posted.
its all new stuff i have written/ recorded myself and im always looking for feedback!!

cheers
#174389 by Tommy-T
Tue May 29, 2012 10:45 pm
sorry just noticed there is a place for these!!!
#174394 by gbheil
Wed May 30, 2012 12:59 am
Tommy-T wrote:sorry just noticed there is a place for these!!!

:lol:

It's cool.
Welcome.

P.S.

Thanks for posting your music. I enjoyed the listen.
Last edited by gbheil on Wed May 30, 2012 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

#174395 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Wed May 30, 2012 1:03 am
Hey Tommy a little direction. It is hard enough to jam with guys in Jersey, let alone across the big pond.
I listened to your music, you'll grow.
If thats you playing bass stick with bass.
Oh, definitely try to stay away from canned drum tracks.
Good luck and check out Life in the UK. You might find some players that are closer. :)

#174433 by Slacker G
Wed May 30, 2012 4:23 pm
Systemization sounded pretty good but your mixes leave a lot to be desired. You should try panning various instruments while leaving space in the center for the bass and vocals. Stuff won't sound so cluttered that way.
I sampled the other tracks but preferred the first one to the rest. :)

#174435 by Tommy-T
Wed May 30, 2012 4:36 pm
hey guys thanks for the replys and hope you enjoyed the tunes, hoping for more to be done soon but im working on my lead before i record again!

Its great to have some input other than friends/family!

All the stuff there was recorded by me, I actually play the drums so you can imagine it kills me to use the crap on my keyboard!
It was my only choice at the time as i recorded them at home and i only live in a small house with very noise sensitive neibours!! :(
Im saving for a digi kit so i can redo them along with the rest of the tracks then (those were only rough with 2 takes at the most and "my old lady" was written and recorded in about 3 hours! got some much sweeter blues licks for her now! :) )

I didnt realise there was a uk only section. thought it just chucked everyone in together, but i found it now! cheers!!!!!

#174437 by Tommy-T
Wed May 30, 2012 4:41 pm
To slacker

Im about as noobish as can be at recording, that stuff was done in Audacity through a cheapo guitar link!

Im going to re-record them soon so i will do that then! thanks!
can you recommend better software that doesnt cost the earth?!!
cheers

#174440 by Slacker G
Wed May 30, 2012 6:06 pm
Guitar tracks 4 only cost $100. I have it.

However, I use Sonar 4 most of the time. The new guitar tracks is pretty neat and has a new sound engine. I know that several of the other guys on here my have some suggestions. I have Sonar 6 and Sonar 8 but guitar tracks is just as good for straight forward recording/mixing/ and editing. Check for a demo free download of it. Musicians friend has it but you may have to Google to get the trial download. Good for 30 days if I remember right.

#174487 by GuitarMikeB
Thu May 31, 2012 12:57 pm
Try Reaper - free to try out, US$60 to register it. http://www.reaper.fm

Full feature DAW, all the bells and whistles, lots of included plug-ins, midi editing, etc.

#174501 by Tommy-T
Thu May 31, 2012 5:10 pm
cheers for the sugestions guys, i have them all on dl now, will have a play and see whats for me!!
will post some more tunes for you fine people ASAP!!!!