This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All other music related items.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#173047 by Musicole
Mon May 14, 2012 12:31 am
The number one question I get asked is, What's happen to the entertainment industry? Many people who are true fans of not only the music business, but other aspects of the entertainment industry ask the same question.
I can speak on the music industry, due to the fact I have been a member for more than 30 years, and have worked with many major artist within the music business. 20 years ago it use to be based on talent, motivation, and great management. Now it's all about who you know. No longer is it about talent and expertise. If you're not in someones pocket, or have a Representative who is in someones pocket, you're considered an outcast.

It's sad that, there are so many super-multi-talented singers, dancers, and musicians who truly deserve the right to be seen, as well as be showcased for the same opportunities that many others have gotten.

Show's like Americas got Talent, American Idol, and X-Factor are all great shows, but why is it only singers and dancers who get the opportunity to showcase there talent? Someone who cares need's to host a show that is strictly for the bands across the country. Televise it, introduce it to the world and allow the best band to win. No matter the category!!

I believe the excuse will be that staging and flying bands into a based location is going to be the problem. Bands today have gotten such a bad rep that no one takes the music industry seriously anymore. You have sell-out musicians who think of nothing but there own careers and agenda.

But think of those who do care, and want to display there talents on the super stage, why is it they don't gain the same opportunities?
Stop coming up with excuses, give the bands around the country and the world a shot at stardom. There are a few of us who still care!!! I'm interested in your thoughts!!!

#173097 by GuitarMikeB
Mon May 14, 2012 7:00 pm
It's all about 'what sells'. Unknown bands playing on television is never going to bring in big bucks - the target audience is all wrong. With technology today there is no reason to fly a whole band (and their gear) anywhere, it can all be done remotely.
#173112 by Musicole
Mon May 14, 2012 7:51 pm
I appreciate your reply, but I have had this discussion with several musicians. Although technology is good, having all of your music tracked say's that you don't trust your musicians to do their job. Playing Live is always better and more effective to a live audience. Thank you again for your reply!!