This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#15787 by Cary Smith
Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:55 pm
LOL

The look on C. F. Turner's face...priceless!
#16315 by Guitaranatomy
Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:53 pm
You know, I know this posting is somewhat old, but I must reply! Worst band I ever saw live was "Hot Hot Heat," and no I did not go to see them directly, they were just mixed in with many other bands. That band was like something out Hell. *

*By the way, I was at the Buzz Bake Sale 2005, that is where they played. But I got to see some good bands -- Staind rocked, Our Lady Peace was good, and so was Trapt.

Peace out, Guitaranatomy.

#16325 by JJW III
Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:13 am
I can't say they were bad but I have an interesting story. I saw Anthrax on their Among the Living tour at the Chicago Ampitheatre which is bascially an echo chamber with seats. Mind you this predates in ear monitors.

So Antharx is doing one of there fast double bass mosh pieces and they train wreck, I mean major train wreck and they actually stopped playing. Their drummer is laughing and grabs one of his drum mics and goes "Well that was a major f**k up, sorry about that let's try that again" and counts 1234 and they take it right from that spot and nail it. The crowd went nuts and you could see all the guys in the band laughing with relief.

I have to say they handled it really well and if you heard the sound in the place you couldn't blame them.

#16466 by jimmydanger
Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:40 pm
OMG that's funny! I saw Cheap Trick in a similar venue, they sounded horrible.

#16550 by jmartin11
Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:33 pm
smashing pumpkins by far

#16939 by Bones1331
Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:30 am
Motley Crue:
Shout at the Devil Tour
Girls Girls Girls tour

Both were horrible shows! On Girls, Mick screwed up sooooooo bad, that they had to start the tune over. Not to mention Vince's scattered vocals

#16989 by Irminsul
Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:04 pm
Aren't "suckage" and "Motley Crue" interchangable terms?

#18287 by Owen Bass
Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:35 pm
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, 1980 Damn the Torpedos Tour
Rosemont Horizon, Chicago.
Drunk off his ass.

#18326 by neanderpaul
Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:31 am
Man I got my arm twisted to go see rancid and all I could do was plug my ears and contemplate offing the sound man and taking over the board. They had a pa big enough for a stadium in a 750 - 1000 person club. You could not understand a thing. They suck anyway. There are only a few good hardcore/punk band IMHO. Fugazi, minor threat, old black flag, and the ramones. All great in my book.
And to jump on a few earlier topics in this thread. I do NOT want to hear political opinions at a show. I want to hear music. That's what I'm paying for. And Bob Dillon sucks. I don't care about lyrics if the melodies, vocals, tone, or music suck. I saw him. He sucked. I like a full package. There are enough great musicians out there to fill up my music needs without listening to people that lack in certain areas. To me that's like building a 300 horsepower motorcycle and putting a bicycle tire on the rear. Give me the total package or go home. Led Zeppelin has sucked on most of the live performances I've heard. Plant had a rare, hit or miss gift that when it was on it was ON! Page was a brilliant writer and studio musician who was sloppy at best live. Great studio band with strong material but live is a different story. On the positive end of the spectrum weezer sounded like the albums live. Alan Jackson sounded better than his albums. Fugazi is just the epitome of hip to me (after the pixies and before Elvis Costello) and the live show was inspiring to say the least. Urge Overkill was great live too. hey maybe I'll start a best show thread??!!?? :D

#18330 by neanderpaul
Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:46 am
Forgot to mention The red hot chili peppers. Flea and the drummer (who reminds me of Will Ferrel) are always dead on. Anthony is ALWAYS flat AND sharp. The guitarist is brilliant but sucks sometimes. He's gotten much MUCH better over the past few years and he can sing way better than Anthony. Anthony can rap well however.

#18337 by StevenH
Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:04 am
Jefferson Airplane and the later version, Starship were both horrible. They must have had studio musicians on their records because the musicians I saw were totally incompetent. The Sex Pistols were pretty bad too, but I more or less expected that when I went.

#18347 by HowlinJ
Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:36 pm
The Psychedelic Furs.

I actually like the"Furs" to this day ,but a bad sound job in a big "field house" can certainly trash an otherwise good performance.

#18371 by Doug; the drummer
Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:12 pm
my worst show was actually two days ago
i went to go so Badfish, the sublime tribute band, the first two sets were just straight up bad, but the next three were good, so music-wise, not too bad, BUT there were a few dozen duches in the audience that kept pushing, and I was threatened around 3 times
people were moshing when no music was playing, thats jsut pointless

#19295 by AJ6stringsting
Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:02 pm
Nirvana, MudHoney, Sound Garden, S.OA.D., Tool and Limp Bizkit......I'm not complaining I didn't pay. I would have been pissed if I had to pay !!!!