This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#167492 by nayrb_eman
Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:11 am
neanderpaul wrote:My festiva(S) can get over 50 mpg, I can own and operate 6 or more for less than the cost of a new car, and unlike a prius I can get a battery for $50....
And I can still haul ALL my gear to a show using it. 8)

I sold this one towards the end of last year. The owner texted me with "is it possible I just got 54 mpg?!!" 8)

And before you ask I've found 11 with over 500K miles. Many on all original running gear. 8)
My buddy who now has 650K on his.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz_Yto_-PMs

Uh that car don't look gay, but then how can you accessorize it to hold guns?
My car is a 93 plymouth voyager 2.5 liter 4 cyl mini van, my old pos shotgun is to big for it, but it will carry,
2-215's ,a 115, a 410, a 212, 3-110's, 2 poweramps, a powered mixer, a full size 6 piece drumkit, stands, 3 guitars, a keyboard, wires. and two full grown men. has a range of 500 miles. I don't generally carry half that stuff, but it fits all at once. lol
At 70 mph it's lethal to most armed homophobes.

#167519 by Starfish Scott
Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:02 pm
When I was in school, I drove a toyota tercel.

One of the white, manual trans, 4 banger and that ran the entire time I was in school, undergrad and graduate.

(And it ran like it was always angry, I should have kept that car)

#167696 by JazzAnarchy
Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:44 pm
neanderpaul wrote:So you steal, are proud of it, and are dumb enough to post about it, and you just bragged about getting a paying church gig.

Did I miss anything?

I understand I'm probably days late on this, (dumpster diving like I do), but yeah, I was kidding. :roll:

I guess I need to start with the "j/k," sarcasm is harder to spot online.

#167699 by neanderpaul
Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:54 pm

#167738 by Starfish Scott
Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:40 pm
It's all good, JA.

At least you speak like a regular person..
#168170 by Frontman Timmy B
Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:11 pm
J-HALEY wrote:http://www.exxonmobilperspectives.com/2012/01/27/what-am-i-paying-for-in-the-price-of-a-gallon-of-gasoline/

I'm Seeing more old school compact rides and bikes on the road, some accually in good condition. kinda cool.

#168184 by J-HALEY
Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:59 pm
What happens in these times (high gas prices)! Folks sell off their gas guzzling suv's taking a loss on the sale. Then they go out and pay a fortune for a fuel efficient compact. Meanwhile the price of gas goes down. They sell their compact at another loss and pay a fortune for another suv. It's a vicious cycle LOL! :lol:

#168187 by gbheil
Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:13 pm
Not me my friends.

Ford baby !

Wished I'd bought one of the "luxury" modes instead of the fleet truck.

Only so my wife would take it over and I could buy the 4 door F350 one ton they have on the lot this week.

Yeah ... it's a diesel sucking tank. And not one cent of tax money "bail out" was used to artificially prop up the company who built her.

Besides I saw a neat little gizmo that mounts against the headliner that would hold my HK91. :wink:

#168188 by PaperDog
Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:15 pm
J-HALEY wrote:What happens in these times (high gas prices)! Folks sell off their gas guzzling suv's taking a loss on the sale. Then they go out and pay a fortune for a fuel efficient compact. Meanwhile the price of gas goes down. They sell their compact at another loss and pay a fortune for another suv. It's a vicious cycle LOL! :lol:

I am laughing my ass off.. I have a two seater, stick, that gets @40mpg (while allowing me to zip around at 90-100mph).

I have more door-dings from some of those clumsy-assed SUV/ Ford 150 (gotta haul nothing in my bed) drivers... When I see the gas prices go up... Its the only form of relentless revenge I can exact out in my sense of resolve LOL!
BTW $4.04 in my neighborhood as of Saturday...Its gonna keep going up...
5 dollars will be the new Priest-hood by summer

#168195 by gbheil
Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:48 pm
LOL ...

I use my truck.

That's why I drive one. 8)

#168198 by neanderpaul
Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:01 pm

#168200 by gbheil
Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:05 pm
Yes ... when you see me hauling the band or my wife's furniture with the trailer and the truck loaded to the gills it might make a little more sense.

You'd never get that toy car out of the Sabine river bottoms ... unless I dragged it out for you. :wink: :lol:

#168202 by neanderpaul
Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:22 pm
I passed 4wd's in bumper deep snow in THE blizzard of the century in a festiva. IN that blizzard I drove from Athens, GA to Roanoke, VA across mountains. I also pulled a full size Chevy out that was stuck in the mud in a stock festiva. I also fjorded a 20 yard wide creek with water washing up onto the hood in a stock festiva.

The same principle of sounding like a full band by myself. The same principle of having my homemade 4 string guitar sound like the real thing. The principle of getting off on a 120 lb skilled fighter whip up on a guy twice his size. The same principal applies to my Festivas. I can do more with less. I get off on that! 8)

One Of my favs...
I was delivering pizza in rural Tennessee. The road I needed was all torn up. Bulldozed. There was an early eighties f-150 stepside stuck in it. They were waving me off as I blew past them. I delivered the pie, and laughed as they watched, eyes bugged out, as I passed a second time. :lol:

I can pick up a trailer, haul all I want, drop the trailer, and get over 50 mpg at will.

We get 40 mpg hauling Festivas with Festivas. It is a freak of nature.

Click the following video to see festiva hauling festiva....

#168203 by neanderpaul
Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:32 pm
:wink: