This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#154980 by blues edge
Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:24 am
didnt mean any thing negative , just that if you could choose from 20 players & 10 are women then there are only 10 choices not 20 . best of luck ! my pool keeps getting smaller every day because of my age & i have no choice in that !

#161125 by Drluna
Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:34 pm
the problem with starting an all girls band is that they PMS at the same time.

#161132 by JCP61
Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:22 pm
:D

#161180 by Official Denial
Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:50 pm
It's already hard enough to find the right mix of people to collaborate on a project, but when you narrow your search field by 50% I can see where you have a problem. I wish you the best of luck.
#161340 by graciemuldoon
Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:23 pm
YEAH YEAH.. THROW A LITTLE COUNTRY, A LITTLE POP ROCK BLUES INFLUENCES IN MY BLUEGRASS - AND IM GROOVING

I PLAY GUITAR, MANDO, VIOLIN - PASSABLE... JUST SO I CAN SING--
SOPRANO, ALTO, TENOR, WHEREVER I NEED TO BE - LOVE TO DO THE LEAD THO'

NEED BASSIST, BANJO, DOBRO, LEAD GUITAR, OR ANY FREAKIN' THING YOU WANNA DO - JUST STARTING.. IN NORTHERN KY

I AM A "KNOWN" DJ IN BLUEGRASS... NEED SOME GIRLS (AT THIS POINT EVEN YOU GUYS!!) i have contacts right now wanting to book me for some gigs - i just need the freakin' band to get together on saturdays 11 am -2 pm to be committed... before i lose the gigs and the friends. cafes mostly... moving on to festivals later.

thanks.. email [email protected]

#163649 by Guitar12121212121212
Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:53 pm
My band is not all females (I am male) but I have seen a few start up in the chicagoland area recently. Check out www.bandfinder.com

It might help you depending on where you live. Good luck.

#166101 by ktel60
Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:26 am
Go to your local PVA (performing and visual arts) high school, and have kit available for drums and bass. Most daddies won't cover the investment, but you'll be surprised by the response. LAbel it "obando guro", the Nihongo for girl band. You'll get the anime girls kicking your door down.

#166320 by ijustwannasing
Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:37 pm
Hey, I wanna do that too! Or at least have like a mixture of guys and girls. My favorite band is Eyes Set to Kill, they have two girls and two guys, I think... (the girls are sisters but oh well :) ) It's definitely tough, especially since I live somehwere where's there already a limited amount of musicians... I say do what you want, but don't be so focused on finding an all girl band that you turn down great (male) musicians. I'm looking for pretty much anyone I can get right now...

Good luck!!
#166710 by Arkael
Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:28 pm
Scgo(Sco) Major wrote:Damn'it! I have been looking to start a all ladies Go-Go band with a Alternative/ Modern Rock sound and well it's been a serious challenge. I mean I know there are female musicians out there but it's like finding a needle in a hay stack...at least finding the right chick...i guess i know what men go thru when looking for a mate. :lol: Of course i'll keep up the hussle....but i have a passion that wont wait....i wont give up but this is discouraging a lil bit.

I think most of these musicians are taking things way out of context. People get offended too easily lol.

Music is an art. Why not form your images around that art? It's not a bad message nor is it offending or discriminating. In the end, it's the music that matters, but on the other hand, I think the art of appearance can be a very significant element for the music itself especially when playing live.

Even back in the day, when image wasn't as important, performers STILL had an image they were trying to portray with their music. It sets the scene and the vibe, and that vibe doesn't have to be a bad one unless people make it one.

Still, you're gonna have those who prefer to be cynical instead of open to the idea. However, keep trying. There are those out there who share your appreciation for what you're trying to accomplish I assure you. :)
#166744 by 1puredemure
Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:31 am
Just came across this post and all female bands are what we do. Hopefully, all who are interested in this thread shall pay a visit to the site and check out how we do things. We are centering our efforts towards the tens of thousands of retiring "baby boomers" who grew up on the types of tuneage that you see featured in the vids. What a lovely and refreshing change to have ladies playing this type of music. We have dozens of selections ready to "learn by ear" and get into the studio a.s.ap.

The reason that all girl bands don't make it, is essentially the same reason guys start up bands do not make it----non-familiar content. If you play the club, sports bar, beach club, cabana, outdoor, bike rally type of venues, the age demographics are the most important for success. Imitation is the highest form of flattery, while familiar, flashback tunes get them drinking, dancing, drinking more, dancing more and putting that ching into the register., the only thing an owner gives two cents about.

Now, you show an owner or manager something they are familiar with and enjoyed from days gone by as well, its only a matter of negotiating the performance fees and any commissions available. Old style, british beer house rock-n-roll, ripping 50's, offshoots into the C&W, rockabilly, swing and just hard driving R&R, brings a near riot from the patrons.

Keep it bludgeoning. Who cares about original creativity?? If they are not familiar with it, they are not going to give it their ear. They don't want to analyze and "we're going to do an original one now." (the death knell of turning off a drinking audience) is not acceptable. This is not a jam session.

When "word of mouth" advertising spreads, they tell their mates, "they play old faces, cooke, berry, stewart, roxy, rockpile, the move, holly, etc. etc., that is the age bracket those with disposable income today, are grouped into. So, its not the type of band or even gender of the band that fails, ITS THE TYPE OF MUSIC THEY PLAY AND HOW THEY MAINTAIN THEIR STAGE PRESENCE TO THEIR AUDIENCE.

#166799 by Starfish Scott
Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:10 pm
"rubbish"

#167075 by Tennessee Jedi
Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:20 pm
If guys like to Rock out with their cock out does that mean Gals like jam out with their clam out ?
:?:

#167121 by 1puredemure
Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:52 am
Jaz On Guitar wrote:Having a all girls band is great. I was apart of one before, we got gigs all the time. Local bars, at restaurants and even some private functions. But since ive moved to California I haven't been able to establish a band here.

If you want to see our practice session of my all girls band:

www.youtube.com/jazonguitar

Hi Mz. Jaz, thanks for the post. Checked out your music entry and you are very skilled and very pretty as well. You can hammer on the axe for sure. Assuming you read my post, the actual tuneage is not the niche one should be striving for. In our lexicon, this Nirvana tune is clasified as "mosh music."-- Very college student/smash mouth JaegerBomb music. I am assuming that Fairfield is near L.A. or at least somewhere in the O.C.?? There are many retirees or older folks that live in orange county/Anaheim area. Assuming you can reach that market, you want to learn our music posted on the page, cut a cd or dvd, maybe even get literal and do it in the garage, and start showing it around to the folks who have the money to spend. Hope to hear from you soon again.