This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of Canada.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#7909 by Vesa
Tue May 01, 2007 10:39 pm
I had the most awesome time recently, playing parts of Canadian History. The guitar is called 'Six String Nation'. (it's priceless, would be likely the most expensive guitar around, but that's not the point). :o
It is touring Canada right now, & it's components come from over 60 famous history related geographic parts of Canada; convieved 10 yrs. ago by Jowi Taylor, CBC radio host, it was built in a yr. by famous Canadian luthier, 'George Rizsanyi', Nova Scotia. (who I met in 2002; built custom guitars, for Sting, Keith Richards,- but that's not the point either, except for the guitar-maker, who put his soul in it).
This was meant to enrich us & to have Indie artists & all folks, touch/play it; not to sellout to having a famous guitarist endorse it. :D
Check out the site below, and you'll find out the rest of the story/images.
Note: Go to 'link' -'Guitar Explorer' & touch each part of the guitar to find what famous material is on it & where it came from & its' history.

http://sixstringnation.com/en/

Enjoy this guitar tour & learn about Canada. (Put it in faves). :D :idea:
Take care. -Vesa. :wink:
Last edited by Vesa on Wed May 02, 2007 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

#14171 by B A S S
Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:20 pm
Hello Yes, he lives not that far from me, he has also made quitars for Noel Redding and was good friends, a beautiful quitar for sure. which incorporates a big history of Canada,

#16421 by TheDeepEnd1
Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:39 pm
Yes, I have played this instrument also.
It was at the folk festival in London, Ontario, 2007.
The first time was in the musicians hospitality room.
The second time was on stage the following day.
Lots of history here folks. Very important piece for us Canucks.
I'll submit photos for proof later.

#16567 by TheDeepEnd1
Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:05 pm
I've posted some pictures on my account.
Please feel free to look.
I am very proud of my heritage and it gave me great pleasure to play this piece of history.
Our family has been on this side of the pond since 1666. The would make it before there was a Canada or USA. That would make me a Canadian of french extraction with a dab of Scots and Annishnabe localised due north of the Great Lakes and peppering the great fur trade rivers of north Ontario