This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#165485 by rjhangover
Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:30 pm
Poor Lyn, you are what I ain't about. It's not my problem, it's yours. Ya know, morons are always telling people what's wrong with others instead of correcting what's wrong with themselves. You know, like the holier than thou republicans do. Get a life, you won't be so miserable.

#165815 by MikeTalbot
Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:28 am
RJ

I despise the Republicans as much as you. But when you are talking 'holier than thou' it is the democrats that are the nanny state do gooders. I fear them both.

Talbot

#165827 by PaperDog
Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:29 am
rjhangover wrote:"Young People! I tell ya! "

"I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now."

Some people get stuck in the 60's & 70's.

Instead of living in the past, I prefer to hang with the young. The future of rock and roll depends on them.

BTW, my first concert was the radical Jerry Lee Lewis in 1962.

And if you really want others to check out your music, don't be such a dickhead.

I gave you my opinion... Sorry you cant handle it... And people check out my music regardless.. You should be grateful that anybody here at all (Me included) gives you the time of day... Now go f.u.c.k. yourself...and get some talent asshole.

#165833 by Jahva
Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:36 pm
They're not bad. The crowd seem to dig em. But I don't imagine even they would make such a bold statement, but that's just my opinion.
Just because you appreciate new artist doesn't make you right it's just opinions.
And there really is no point in insulting either way. You like what you like but there is no right or wrong when it comes to music.
Isn't that the beauty of it? I'm fortunate that my kids expose me to plenty of "new" music but I've yet to hear any band that imo is carrying the torch. I thought maybe Kings of Leon but only time will tell. Check out their early tunes before Only by the night. They still had some grit about themselves before they "made it".

#165887 by gbheil
Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:56 am
If your music is good enough few will care if your a dick head or not.

To claim "anything" is the "best" is foolishness.

The difference in best & sucks is purely subjective on a personal level.

#165895 by rjhangover
Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:53 am
Geez, all these negative vibes! Can't even have an opinion here without a bunch of holier than thou's trying to bring back the inquisition. Reading these replies is like watching a republican debate. It's good for a laugh, that's about it. AMF

#165896 by PaperDog
Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:59 am
rjhangover wrote:Geez, all these negative vibes! Can't even have an opinion here without a bunch of holier than thou's trying to bring back the inquisition. Reading these replies is like watching a republican debate. It's good for a laugh, that's about it. AMF

Its not the opinions ...Its the name calling... If you call somebody a dickhead in a bar..you think there wont be some "negative Vibes" descending on your head? Why not try a little common courtesy and respect...You might find a lot of positive from that...

#165947 by J-HALEY
Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:56 am
Airweavers wrote:
rjhangover wrote:Only old fogies and the musically ignorant would think this is boring. I'm very happy with the future of rock and roll.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q99pmL_efNs&feature=related

You know what I love about comments like this?

I already know, as do most of the guys here, that you will one day be the brunt of the same type of stupid comment. Then, you will know what it's like to be on the receiving end, and know the things these guys are telling you now instead of having to be told.

The band? No, not the best on earth by any stretch of the imagination. Good musicians, yes, but they need a writer. The musicianship is fine. The music is boring.

I AM an old fart, and that's exactly how I know it's boring. Because I've heard enough music to know. At your age, I probably would have liked this. Now, to me, it's just run of the mill chord progressions with some mediocre lead added. Nothing special about it.

All that said, if ya don't like gettin' slammed, don't slam in the first place, and if you've had the guts enough to read this far, good for you, 'cause you may actually like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P25itL5ZfE

Bottom line: If you seriously think Umphry's McGee is the best band in the world, you haven't listened to enough music yet. Period.

Thats WHAT I'M TALKIN BOUT AW! for all you folks that don't know Al Di Meola is to us guitar players what Neal Pert or Mike Portnoy is to drummers! :wink:
#165948 by J-HALEY
Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:17 am
rjhangover wrote:In my opinion ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ed_0MwtAsU

I must admit I didn't even look at this first post! Don't be insulted rjhangover!

These guys are loved ALL OVER THE WORLD so they must be doing something RIGHT! :wink:

#165949 by gbheil
Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:17 am
Wasted days and wasted nights. :roll: