This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#16236 by Martin McCoy
Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:51 pm
Well, not exactly a kid, but defo new here. Tracks in my profile (and more in my myspace) . Friends, feedback and comments always welcome ...

I'm an experienced player / writer, mostly blues / blues-tinged, but into all musics and some experimentation too. I play mixed regular and slide (occasionally at the same time) and use altered tunings too.

I'm based in N Norfolk, but have a place in N London too and am looking to form or join a band for original material or re-writes. Or just some people to jam and play around with. Whatever: I JUST WANT TO PLAY!

I'm not a clone, but my influences include : Beck, Vai, Hendrix, Zappa, ZZ, and SRV.

NOT into karaoke covers bands or dressing up.

I have the time and dedication to go all the way with other decent musicians.
#16292 by Craig Maxim
Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:28 am
Martin McCoy wrote:
I'm not a clone, but my influences include : Beck, Vai, Hendrix, Zappa, ZZ, and SRV.

Pretty good influences.

Listened to your stuff. Gotta love the blues, the basis of all popular music really. Blue 22, got really interesting the further it went along. Good job.

And congrats on posting music right away. You just saved yourself a world of grief. LMAO!

Irminsul starts chopping fingers off, after the first warning! ;-)

#16295 by Greeniemagic
Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:32 pm
Welcome to the site Martin..Just had a listen too, nice playin' :P
#16296 by Martin McCoy
Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:58 pm
Thanks guys, always great to get some (good ) feedback!
I'm kind of working in isolation up here on the N Norfolk coast, no blues guys around really.

quote="Craig Maxim"]
Martin McCoy wrote:

Pretty good influences.

Listened to your stuff. Gotta love the blues, the basis of all popular music really. Blue 22, got really interesting the further it went along. Good job.

And congrats on posting music right away. You just saved yourself a world of grief. LMAO!

Irminsul starts chopping fingers off, after the first warning! ;-)[/quote]
#16297 by Martin McCoy
Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:03 pm
Hi, thanks for the kind comment. Checked out your myspace, cool, very nice stuff. Evocative is the right word I think. I can see how Lacuna Coil would figure on your list. I have a love of metal too, but what I play naturally is the blues, it just pours out , so that's what I do.

Greeniemagic wrote:Welcome to the site Martin..Just had a listen too, nice playin' :P

#16522 by Jon Nilsen
Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:02 pm
Enjoyed your playing. Too bad I'm on a different continent. You might try contacting Brian at www.briankramerblues.com He's a buddy of mine in Stockholme. He knows a lot of folks and might be able to direct you to someone. Tell him I sent you.
#16737 by Martin McCoy
Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:30 pm
Great to hear from you, thanks for the compliment and the contact - I'll give that a try for sure.

Like the tracks here in youtr profile BTW. Cool stuff.

Thanks again.

MM

Jon Nilsen wrote:Enjoyed your playing. Too bad I'm on a different continent. You might try contacting Brian at www.briankramerblues.com He's a buddy of mine in Stockholme. He knows a lot of folks and might be able to direct you to someone. Tell him I sent you.

#17242 by Irish Anthony
Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:58 pm
hola i must admit im not a big blues fan but i like your playing it reminds me a little of the "gary moore" school of blues,and being english i can assume you know who he is....
nice.
#17381 by Martin McCoy
Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:45 pm
Glad you like it, it's nice to know my playing appeals across boundaries. I like Gary's style, that 'edge' that is often missing? Thanks again - I should have some new tracks going up in the new year so keep your ears glued to my myspace! Seasons greets.

MM

irish anthony wrote:hola i must admit im not a big blues fan but i like your playing it reminds me a little of the "gary moore" school of blues,and being english i can assume you know who he is....
nice.

#18288 by RhythmMan
Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:50 pm
Martin,
Pretty unusual sound; kind of blues/Jazz, in a minor key.
Nicely done; reminiscint of some stuff Jeff Beck has done.
I wouldn't be able to take a steady diet of it, 'cause it's a little too 'minor' for me.
But - I enjoyed listening to it.
. . . and - that's what it's all about, eh?
Well done.

#18290 by Mike Gentry
Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:09 pm
Gotta Love the Blues! Great playing.
#18465 by Martin McCoy
Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:15 pm
RhythmMan_BluesRockFolk wrote:Martin,
Pretty unusual sound; kind of blues/Jazz, in a minor key.
Nicely done; reminiscint of some stuff Jeff Beck has done.
I wouldn't be able to take a steady diet of it, 'cause it's a little too 'minor' for me.
But - I enjoyed listening to it.
. . . and - that's what it's all about, eh?
Well done.

#18475 by Craig Maxim
Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:46 pm
irish anthony wrote: i must admit im not a big blues fan

Shame on you Anthony! LOL

Blues is the root of just about all modern music. Rock, R&B, Jazz, Bluegrass, Metal and most other forms of popular music. It all originated with the blues, and evolved and branched off from there!

Respect your roots brother! ;-)