This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#161993 by Bali Rock iSland
Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:51 am
I keep looking to be able to play music here in USA with a band that are seriously know how to play and do Gigs, I've been Gigs since I'm in middle school.

Playing drum is my favorite, I also able to play other instrument, matter of fact i have a video of I'm play all instrument by myself and combine it using Garage Band https://www.facebook.com/video/video.ph ... 8446358732

My music obsession Classic Rock, Jazz, Metal, Rock, Reggae

Hopefully one day i can find the right Band that i can play along with and make some money and doing what i like to do

#162049 by gbheil
Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:17 pm
My friend

Welcome to Bandmix.

None of your samples in my opinion are suitable to attract musicians.

The tune on Bandmix wont play.
Your Facebook link said " content not available ".
Your Bandmix "video" was a still photo with some music in the background making it impossible to determine if your even involved in the making of the sound at all.

If your serious about this you will become proficient in posting samples for on line use as well as putting a lot of shoe leather on the road so to speak.

Networking is the key ... the more people you contact both on line and in person the higher your chances of success.

#162065 by MikeTalbot
Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:40 am
George

You make some good points - I had that very conversation with my drummer last week. We don't want to learn new electronics - but we don't have a choice.

I'm trying to program myself to view competance in using modern technology and social media as important to putting my music out there. We have to get our musical actions right and that can be damn difficult until you master the tech but it has to be right.

We'll forgive each other but producers, club owners and gasp, audiences, aren't so forgiving.

It's ironic. I work in technology. I've written major apps and I've lead teams that built projects connecting different continents. Yet between work and playing I have managed to avoid 'fun' technology and am in catch-up mode now.

The kicker has been switching from bass to guitar which i hadn't planned on - takes a lot of work. Playing guitar ain't easy as you well know. As usual it just turned out that way.

A yankee general named Rosecrans got his ass kicked near Atlanta at a place called Chickamauga. His noted that, 'Man proposes, God disposes.'

regards
Talbot

#162103 by gbheil
Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:46 pm
Mike

Ain't it a bitch ... :wink: