This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#160780 by xSilverMystx
Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:33 pm
I'm wondering if any of you have any ideas of better, easier ways of selling your albums. Carrying CD's and such to gigs can take up space. Anyone interested in some new ideas in smaller, cheaper ideas?

#160790 by Rick Stringfellow
Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:58 pm
The technology should be available, if not now, soon, to record one's performance and have it available (sell flash drives of it) at the conclusion of the show.

#160987 by xSilverMystx
Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:50 pm
Great idea! Thanks!

Anyone else?

#161015 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:02 pm
I saw something not long ago that I plan to look into (someday).

It was like a gift card that a customer would buy at a gig which gives them access to a website with not only songs, but song charts, videos, t-shirts, or whatever merch you can put there.

not everyone is internet saavy though. Having hard product on hand is the best way to sell it.
Last edited by t-Roy and The Smoking Section on Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

#161044 by PaperDog
Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:43 pm
yod wrote:I saw something not long ago that I plan to look into (someday).

It was like a credit card that a customer would buy that gives them access to a website with not only songs, but song charts, videos, t-shirts, or whatever merch you can put there.

not everyone is internet saavy though. Having hard product on hand is the best way to sell it.

I had similar thoughts about this in a separate thread that talked about the piracy of music on the internet... The key would be to offer a basic subscription, where users can download all the music they can eat for only 9.99.99.99... Then on hot artists... charge a premium..One time fee for the down load.

I even have technical ideas for file protection and ID of songs, so that such songs file would not be enabled without the membership.

#161080 by Lynard Dylan
Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:19 pm
Checkout discmakers.com, they have
all kinds of musical and nonmusical merch
that you can sell. I think Yod and Paperdog
might be talking about download cards,
discmakers gottem. The merch table should
be a blend of music, art, and business.....