This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#156174 by Lady Saffire
Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:33 pm
I may be long in the tooth and my voice isn't the greatest - lol - but a LOT of people out there truly have little vocal talent so I figure my chance is as good as any!

I'm nasal and have a low voice for a female, sound better with country and probably folk than R&B or rock (I don't have a loud voice either, so I cannot shout or scream, haha). I have written a few songs but I tend to write from experience, not fantasy, so if you're into realistic, traditional music (my influences are definitely 60s/70s), shoot a message my way. I'll respond within 2 days, tops.

Ciao!

#158332 by PierceG
Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:16 am
Greetings,

I'm married with two kids and I'm a 27 year-old lead vocalist. It's been awhile since I've done anything professionally, but I fronted the same band for four years (6-10 years ago) and we only disbanded due to the drummer and lead guitarist moving to California.

I'm hoping to join a band that's very tolerant with respect to how often we practice, because in addition to my wife and kids, I work 60+ hours per week. My genres are Metal, Hard Rock, Alternative and Punk and we probably performed nearly 100 gigs over fifteen different venues located in Columbus, OH Pittsburgh, PA and Philadelphia, PA.

I'm hoping to start a new band with myself and a really good bassist as the key components because I'm hearing a lot of experimental stuff where the bass basically acts as the lead guitar, and I think it's fantastic. Bands such as Muse and Type O Negative are doing/have done (respectively) that sort of thing as well.

That's all I've got for right now. I doubt if I've said anything that hasn't been said by someone before me, but it seems an appropriate enough introduction.
#158566 by Brian I
Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:50 pm
Hi all, Im an ex-factory worker trying to make a living from home with the PC i bought last year. started a web page @ http://www.guitar-stuff-4-you.com geared for starting out guitarists. It lists equipment and stuff just starting out musicians might not know about. things like the shredneck practice guitar necks they are cool. Anyway i been playing guitar for about 25 years, and actually played 2 gigs back in high school. Anyone in Nobletucky on here mebbe we can jam sometime

#158926 by LateBloomer
Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:07 am
Hello, I'm LaCresha. This is all new to me. I'm in Phoenix and haven't done any professional singing. So, I'm just trying to find some musicians here in my area to see if I have what it takes to be in a band. let me know if anyone can give me any advise. Thank you. :oops:

#158965 by PaperDog
Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:43 pm
LateBloomer wrote:Hello, I'm LaCresha. This is all new to me. I'm in Phoenix and haven't done any professional singing. So, I'm just trying to find some musicians here in my area to see if I have what it takes to be in a band. let me know if anyone can give me any advise. Thank you. :oops:

Hello LaCresha,

The only way that others can tell if you got what it takes ...is for you to post your samples.

If you haven't got any samples, then its probably a good idea to locate a budget studio and sing a cover of your favorite song...

One thing you gotta be ready for... a lot of rough criticism... (If it were easy, every glory hound in the nation would be famous)

Good luck.

#159513 by RhythmMan-2
Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:54 pm
La cresha, someone said the only way that others can tell if you got what it takes ...is for you to post your samples.
Umm . . . that's not quite true.
Look for a local open mike. Listen, and watch. Bring a pencil and paper, and write down contact info.
If you have cards, hand 'em out, otherwise print something on you printer at home.
Go to local music stores - and leave 3-4 flyers (and tell the truth)
And - leave a couple extra flyers here and there, too . . . think of where the musicians are, already . . .
Know your own assets; you need to be the worls'd leading authority on YOU.
List the styles of music you sing. List the styles of music you would sing if required.
Alan.

#159552 by PaperDog
Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:55 pm
RhythmMan-2 wrote:La cresha, someone said the only way that others can tell if you got what it takes ...is for you to post your samples.
Umm . . . that's not quite true.
Look for a local open mike. Listen, and watch. Bring a pencil and paper, and write down contact info.
If you have cards, hand 'em out, otherwise print something on you printer at home.
Go to local music stores - and leave 3-4 flyers (and tell the truth)
And - leave a couple extra flyers here and there, too . . . think of where the musicians are, already . . .
Know your own assets; you need to be the worls'd leading authority on YOU.
List the styles of music you sing. List the styles of music you would sing if required.
Alan.

I should have been more specific about posting samples...
On Band Mix, if you want to be taken seriously, you need to post samples...Otherwise you risk looking like a poser. But your message, otherwise, to La Cresha stands well, and I agree.
:o 8)

#160305 by crunchysoundbite
Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:04 pm
Hey, Bell, maybe you could Chime in on DO WOP.
#160353 by thegooddavid
Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:07 pm
Hello there. My name is David, I just moved to Sacramento CA from Berkeley where I was playing in a band called Moloch Plus Kids. Since then I've been recording home demos. Just looking for some feed back and maybe to see if there are any like-minded musicians out there in the world.

#160357 by gbheil
Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:29 pm
Hey David.

Welcome to Bandmix.

Feed back EH ...

Well, I really could not make out the lyrics of the two songs you have posted.
The music sounded kinda Punk ?
Not my thing.
But I'm an old fart so take it with a grain of salt.

The video seems to have a Neil Young flavor to it.

Feedback... I suggest some better recordings be posted.
I think you may be selling yourself short in you quest for like minded musos with the recording quality as it stands at present.

Best wishes.

#160365 by thegooddavid
Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:08 pm
sanshouheil wrote:Hey David.

Welcome to Bandmix.

Feed back EH ...

Not my thing.

I think you may be selling yourself short in you quest for like minded musos with the recording quality as it stands at present.

Best wishes.

Thanks for giving it a listen, these recordings are rough. The sound is kinda punk I suppose, I'm looking for people to make crappy recordings with. Not to say I wouldn't like to be able to record in a studio once the songs have solidified.

#160366 by gbheil
Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:16 pm
thegooddavid wrote:
sanshouheil wrote:Hey David.

Welcome to Bandmix.

Feed back EH ...

Not my thing.

Best wishes.

Thanks for giving it a listen, these recordings are rough. The sound is kinda punk I suppose, I'm looking for people to make crappy recordings with. Not to say I wouldn't like to be able to record in a studio once the songs have solidified.

Yeah ... recording can be tricky ... I know I've been fighting it for a while.
Just a note... best way to get critique on this forum is to post a separate post / thread for your song.
This is how most of us do it that have been around a while.
Also, I used the search function to find member for our band.
It was slow, frustrating, and time consuming.
But it worked.
Again ... Welcome to Bandmix

#160388 by organicboombanic
Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:47 am
Hello fellow music lovers,

My name is John, I'm from the Philly area, and have been playing music for 10 years. I started on guitar but have since switched to mostly bass when jammin with others. I love music, the grateful dead, traveling. Just wanted to introduce myself.

Peace

#160465 by gbheil
Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:03 pm
HI John ...

Welcome to the fray.