This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#1588 by Releasefromwithin
Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:11 pm
I absolutely LOVE it. Not one complaint.

For forums I use the Line 6 board. Very fast moving baord and if you have a question, it'll be answered fast.

I also have a Variax 300 and the combo if that and the XT Live is mindblowing. Any tone you can think of is in there.

#1680 by MatthewsMusic
Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:59 pm
I think its great.

I mostly used it for recording, but once we had band practice, I thought it was fantastic. It's far superior to anything else i've owned. One of my favorite options on there is the noise gate, it works great. And the overall tone is above average, plus the amount of different overall tones you can get out of that thing is insane.

Anyways, it's a cool gadget. I run it through a Peavey 2 x 12 combo and a 4 x 12 speaker cab :)

#4408 by michaelrayliles
Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:19 am
Love my podxtlive.....try the "tweed b-man amp with the gain all the way down and 68% classic distortion ........analog delay with 50% feedback and 25% mix..........Killer tone.....I have mine set up that way with 32 amps, one in each bank of four having 4 different effect set-ups on each individual amp.

#4665 by CelticMandolin
Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:02 pm
One of my former guitarists had one and it's very cool, I'm planning on picking one up myself for recording purposes.

BUT! For live applications we had one issue with it. Because of the way digital signals work, they require significantly higher wattage to create the same equivalent spl as a non-digital signal. Paul used a Mesa 50/50 into a pair of Celestion 1x12 cabs and my 8-watt Vibro Champ was easily able to out-volume him, never mind competing with my normal Twin+Princeton setup, a drummer or the bassist's 1000-watt Hartke. I've heard this same complaint from many people using Line-6 gear... and I can't knock their stuff one bit, but it may not be ideal for all situations.
#5292 by ibanez470
Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:02 am
i would get a gnx4 if i were a person looking for a good processor. you can do so much more with it and also get more and better sounds far surpassing the pod xt live. on the other hand if your not a tweak junkie then the pod is prolly for you,its easier to use then the gnx4 but if your not retarded and you understand technical things well i would definitly buy the gnx4 you can buy the mfxsupermodel pack for it for 100 bucks
and get a shitload more amp models at better resolution then the line 6 processors. my friend bought the pod live the same day i bought my gnx4
and just the other day his processor screwed up on him and no he's s.o.l
my gnx is still humming like new. end result--> if you want something easy to use then the podxt live is great, but if you want all the options in the world at your fingertips and arent afraid to learn something in the process then the gnx4 is the way to go.