This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#150002 by Mimni
Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:47 am
Ooohh, Just wanted to respond. I thoroughly loved your post. Keep up the great work. :)

http://www.vehicleshipping.org

#151320 by Soundsational-Sence
Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:42 am
Songs represent the many facets of the one person.So how can you really pick a favorite. When every song you like relates to a different aspect of your self .Its like saying what is your favorite YOU.

#151427 by Black57
Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:42 pm
My favorite song has got to be "Blackbird". That is a song that I have heard done by so many people, with their own renditions, with or without the words, and each rendition has been glorious. That is a song that I wish I could say "I wrote".

#151446 by PaperDog
Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:13 pm
Black57 wrote:My favorite song has got to be "Blackbird". That is a song that I have heard done by so many people, with their own renditions, with or without the words, and each rendition has been glorious. That is a song that I wish I could say "I wrote".

That is indeed a beautiful song... McCartney explained that as a kid, he'd go to these parties and show off by playing these mini fuges (Bach), which won the listeners over... Later he finally got around to expanding on that and came up with Blackbird . A song, equally as glorious, which he wrote a few years ago was "Jenny Wren", which he openly admitted was dubbed "Son of Blackbird"

#151456 by Sidewinderga
Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:41 pm
Black Hole Sun

#151578 by Black57
Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:31 pm
PaperDog wrote:
Black57 wrote:My favorite song has got to be "Blackbird". That is a song that I have heard done by so many people, with their own renditions, with or without the words, and each rendition has been glorious. That is a song that I wish I could say "I wrote".

That is indeed a beautiful song... McCartney explained that as a kid, he'd go to these parties and show off by playing these mini fuges (Bach), which won the listeners over... Later he finally got around to expanding on that and came up with Blackbird . A song, equally as glorious, which he wrote a few years ago was "Jenny Wren", which he openly admitted was dubbed "Son of Blackbird"

Hmm, thanks for that bit of history. This makes me want to look into this a little more.

Jenny Wren: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36dtjxUMWdM
#151683 by With Strange Aeons
Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:11 pm
"Temporal Analogues of Paradise" (by the Late Great Shawn Lane) - it was never played the same way twice but it kicked tail like nothing before or since. Close second would be "Coming Back to Life" by Pink Floyd.

#151755 by Black57
Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:27 am
Sidewinderga wrote:Black Hole Sun

This is a good song.

#152179 by lacie
Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:17 am
my fave song is teach me how to scream by brokecyed lol

#152236 by Jahva
Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:12 pm

B,
The lyrics of "Blackbird" is referring to the struggles of the African Americans and i think more specifically the women during the 60's in the southern states. When i found out what he was truly saying it gave the song so much more meaning.
Great choice. 8)

#152339 by Cheski
Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:32 am
Girl Friday wrote:Really hard to pick. But I do love Red Barachetta by Rush

^this. very close with Vital Signs, same album, aka, best album evar. :]

#157120 by Rhythmsteve
Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:23 pm
Harry Hood by Phish.......complex, proggy, and the end jam always gets me....peaks and valleys

#157135 by JazzAnarchy
Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:17 pm
DeLauney wrote:Achy Breaky Heart ~ Billy Ray Cyrus

Dangit, I died laughing when I read that. Literally. (It really hurt.)

:lol:

Seriously, La Fille aux Cheveaux de Lin by Debussy. And when I play it, I play it really slow, I drag it out forever. It has this ethereal quality to it. Most of his stuff does, but I love this one.

#157325 by RGMixProject
Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:55 pm
This is now my song of choice for this week.

I wish I could be this guys new drummer if he ever gets a band going.

Say what you will about American Idol and the X factor but I pray and hope this guy makes it big and puts out a CD.

Josh Krajcik

http://youtu.be/_BWPbIdFlvs