This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#149243 by Daniel Towsley
Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:11 pm
nazz315430 wrote:I have sent out over 50 messages to people over the last three weeks and go 2 replies. Is there anyway to tell if they are reading or even getting these messages. What gives with the no replies. It is frustrating as hell?
Am i the only one this is happening to??
Oddly enough I've been getting more replies and interests, as well as comments on craigslist. Over this site, specifically geared towards music. I mainly keep my membership on this site to list for craigslist or other sites I roam. Then every now and again just read, and post on this forum. I don't know about anyone else, but I would think this site would be better at that than craigslist. Not the other way around. And concerning music & related on the forums, the majority of posts seem to be geared towards epens, than anything else.

-Yes I know I'm a beginner, though its nice to have a bunch of replies, interests, and engaging factors even as a beginner. And as far as seasoned pro's it very much seems the same way on this site.-

#149256 by Crunchysoundbite
Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:34 pm
Getting no replies can be a good thing! There are those here that have nothing good to say but have much to say if they feel they can break your spirit. If you get one of those replies, it will do you no good to respond to them. They are easy to spot because they are spewing nothing but Crap'n Spit. They search for their next insult delivery. They've got a dump truck load of it. Well doers will get around to you. If you're having a good day, stay away. You know when your doing well yourself. Not one reply on my guitars that I build from scratch or equipment I have made available (gig boxes) at great prices. Yet they tell me I have no music. My music will far outlive those that say I have none. People that have seen my creations feel that I will be famous for my craft. I'm proud of my craft. I would challenge my guitars against any other. Just saying so is inviting CRAP'N SPIT.

#149578 by Chaeya
Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:18 pm
No, I didn't either and now I'm not really angry about it. The replies I did get, the people just didn't fit with me and I think that's what people see when they go to my page. I can be alright, but I'm not really doing what they're doing.

That's why you have to spread out and try other avenues to find musicians.

Good luck to you.

Chaeya

#149884 by Doctor Pangloss
Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:23 pm
I feel your pain, Nazz. I have been sending out messages and so far only two have responded, though I am very happy with the two.

I have to add that I am not a subscriber, though, and I only message only people who put up alternate methods of contact.

Craigslist is just as bad if not worse, though, especially in the Tampa area. There you think you are assured of making contact and when I do most of the time the response is silence. At least if you are not interested, just respond and say so. It is not impolite to say No Thanks. Every time I send out a message it is like holding a fishing line and hoping for a bite. If the answer is no, I can let go.

#153877 by Alter Doxology
Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:15 am
I feel your pain as well. You'd think you'd at least hear back once in a while from here, but I guess that's what I get for thinking.. best of luck to you
#153924 by PaperDog
Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:51 am
nazz315430 wrote:I have sent out over 50 messages to people over the last three weeks and go 2 replies. Is there anyway to tell if they are reading or even getting these messages. What gives with the no replies. It is frustrating as hell?
Am i the only one this is happening to??

On Bandmix, I have observed that some folks posted their stuff years ago...and are inactive. SO, now I would check the dates on those profiles , check their activity...and even search fo rthem on the forum to see when they last posted. Its obvious that if it was years ago, that person(s) have probably moved on.

#153928 by fisherman bob
Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:15 am
I have my profile set up so Bandmix alerts me when someone just views my profile page. There's far more people who do that and don't contact me. I send many messages out to many different musicians whether I could use their services (and vice versa) or not. You never know when somebody in your band will leave or somebody needs you in their band. Perhaps some of the people you're messaging are not premier members and can't respond. Some may feel you're too experienced or too inexperienced. It's hard to say why people don't respond. Sometimes I message people who I know aren't capable and just give them encouragement, especially young players into the blues. Then there's this great forum. This is a great place to learn about all kinds of music related, and some not music related topics. Bandmix should be considered just a part of a PR campaign for yourself. It's been great for me, but I do use Craig's and Backpage.com as well as personal networking with other musicians.

#153929 by gbheil
Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:43 am
One correction Bob.
You need not be a Premier member to respond only to initiate the contacts.

I get a monthly " statement " of whom visited my site over that period of time ... is yours different ?

To know the day of, without having to directly check my profile page would be beneficial I think.

#153932 by fisherman bob
Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:58 pm
sanshouheil wrote:One correction Bob.
You need not be a Premier member to respond only to initiate the contacts.

I get a monthly " statement " of whom visited my site over that period of time ... is yours different ?

To know the day of, without having to directly check my profile page would be beneficial I think.
. I don't know if it's monthly but you're probably right. It seems like I get the list about once a month..

#156470 by drag57
Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:13 am
they`re out there looking but it just might not be what some people are looking for.others get intimidated ,we`ve seen this first hand.and of course some talk the talk but can`t walk the walk.

#156616 by BigPhil
Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:11 am
Nope