This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Talk with other musicians and industry professionals.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#148898 by JamesDamiano
Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:31 am
Bob Dylan's Stealing of James Damiano's Songs

http://jamesdamiano.yolasite.com/

#150057 by fisherman bob
Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:54 am
Norway Road wrote:Posting this in each and every forum is not making your claim any more believable. Please stop.
DITTO

#155543 by minionv2
Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:44 am
are you kidding ? "my cousin Joann " are the only words in the song ?

????????????

#155777 by fisherman bob
Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:42 pm
minionv2 wrote:are you kidding ? "my cousin Joann " are the only words in the song ?

????????????
. Yes, and that truly fascinates the world's greatest intellectual minds, doesn't it?

#155781 by fisherman bob
Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:02 pm
Yes, and that's the heart of a legal maelstrom worth HALF A BILLION DOLLARS. Can anybody say FRIVILOUS LAWSUIT? People who are filthy rich are often targeted by VULTURE attorneys for whatever they think they can bribe out of them. This country desperately needs massive tort reform.

#155845 by minionv2
Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:30 am
plagiarism runs rampant in the music industry , i mean like the recent suing of cold play by Joe satriani{ if i could fly } , for what turns out to be a old cat Stevens song wrote in 1973 , led zep did it too, they just straight ripped off the old blues artists from America , i mean where dose it all end ? muddy waters said it best , it has all been done before so all you can do is put your own heart and soul into it ...

i went to Damiano's web page , i wanted to believe him , i read through all the court transcripts , but like the judge i see no proof he wrote anything with or for bob Dylan , it was just some petitions he filed claiming bob Dylan stole his songs , i will say if he had copyrighted his songs with the library of congress he wouldn't have to prove anything , so it's your own fault if you don't copyright even a co-written song or the music , cause if they are copy written there is no question to ownership ,

also too i could file a petition against you saying you stole my song but that doesn't make it true , i don't hear any similarities in writing style , anyhow if he wrote as many of bob Dylan's hit
songs as he is claiming , he shouldn't have any trouble writing a couple of hit songs for himself and ending his money woes , sorry James Damiano, i am a smart ass guitarist , i call it as i see it and i don't sugar coat a thing..

besides its a "5 dollar fine for whining "around here .

#156882 by fisherman bob
Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:25 pm
minionv2 wrote:plagiarism runs rampant in the music industry , i mean like the recent suing of cold play by Joe satriani{ if i could fly } , for what turns out to be a old cat Stevens song wrote in 1973 , led zep did it too, they just straight ripped off the old blues artists from America , i mean where dose it all end ? muddy waters said it best , it has all been done before so all you can do is put your own heart and soul into it ...

i went to Damiano's web page , i wanted to believe him , i read through all the court transcripts , but like the judge i see no proof he wrote anything with or for bob Dylan , it was just some petitions he filed claiming bob Dylan stole his songs , i will say if he had copyrighted his songs with the library of congress he wouldn't have to prove anything , so it's your own fault if you don't copyright even a co-written song or the music , cause if they are copy written there is no question to ownership ,

also too i could file a petition against you saying you stole my song but that doesn't make it true , i don't hear any similarities in writing style , anyhow if he wrote as many of bob Dylan's hit
songs as he is claiming , he shouldn't have any trouble writing a couple of hit songs for himself and ending his money woes , sorry James Damiano, i am a smart ass guitarist , i call it as i see it and i don't sugar coat a thing..

besides its a "5 dollar fine for whining "around here .
He could have saved everybody a lot of aggravation by having his case settled on Judge Judy...

#156889 by Starfish Scott
Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:58 pm
She would have torn him up...lol

#157110 by Jahva
Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:19 pm
minionv2 wrote:are you kidding ? "my cousin Joann " are the only words in the song ?

????????????

That's the best part of it. He wrote one line and between production and performance made it shine.

It's still catchier than most of the music posted on BM!

Really good Guitar work great vocal harmonies... simple and to the point.