This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#44150 by RhythmMan
Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:32 pm
You'll never convince the people at the little show I had yesterday - that a drum machine decreases from your credibility.
I played a small crafts show yesterday afternoon, and I did about 1/4 of my songs w/ the drum machine, and the rest without.
I got a ton of compliments and invites back.
And the host asked for a pile of my CDs to sell in her store.
She wants to advertise me in the paper.
Someone offered to do a bunch of computer art-work and album covers and CD labels for me.
A drum machine certainly doesn't decrease my credibility.

#149846 by tenor1n2
Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:10 pm
I've done it for over 21 years and I also play drums

#149848 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:24 pm
R MAN, I can see you doing a small show with a noise thumper. You play some great originals. TOO bad.

T 1in2. You are kidding right? I see bass talent and vocal talent and the laziest inter-reaction with a major musical instrument. Hey if it works for you,God Bless. 27 years??? What a waste. You sound like a talented musician.

I have 2 songs on my profile that used canned drummers. THEY BOTH SUCK.
I would rather do a 2 piece with a great drummer than go without. I would rather run naked through a briar patch and bleed all over the place, than play with a thump box, especially LIVE.

JMHO. :)
#149871 by PaperDog
Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:04 am
BRD wrote:the band i am in is lacking a very important piece. A DRUMMER!!!!!! We are currently tossing the idea of just carring along a drum machine so we can at least play agian until we get a suitable drummer. Would it be better to not play at all. or try out the drum machine thing???? thanks for the input

Hey, you know how turn this lemeon into lemonade, right? Use the Drum Machine, lease a snare, a stool and a mannequin and pose the mannequn with sticks, in the back of the band... People will get a kick out of it and love ya fer it
#149872 by PaperDog
Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:07 am
PaperDog wrote:
BRD wrote:the band i am in is lacking a very important piece. A DRUMMER!!!!!! We are currently tossing the idea of just carring along a drum machine so we can at least play agian until we get a suitable drummer. Would it be better to not play at all. or try out the drum machine thing???? thanks for the input

Hey, you know how turn this lemeon into lemonade, right? Use the Drum Machine, lease a snare, a stool and a mannequin and pose the mannequn with sticks, in the back of the band... People will get a kick out of it and love ya fer it

Holy Crap...! This thread was started in 2008... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZ!

#149887 by MikeTalbot
Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:57 pm
A helpful thread for Talbot's ego however old. I thought I was the only one with timing problems. I've taken to playing through the Fender/Marshal and using the G-Dec as a metronome - it has several varieties of rythm and you can set the tempo. I put the volume on ten (its as little guy).

Damn thing sometimes screws up the tempo! :D But it might be me.

To test your timing as I did - lay down a track and then play the identical part over it. If you start scratching your head as you're playing the second track, wondering where the timing went - it's metronome time.

talbot

#150158 by Sidewinderga
Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:58 pm
I would say no don't do it, it's too hard to keep time with & too many buttons to mess with, we use one occasionaly with my church band & it's usually a mess.

#150160 by gbheil
Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:50 pm
As a amateur guitarist I got to say it's probably always metronome time for wood shed work .

Have to admit though, without the ebb and flow of live music lending distinction and dynamics ( as long as the band is in sync with each other ) I'd probably just quit playing all together.

#150280 by gbheil
Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:33 pm
:lol:

Being a logistic freak ... I'd had to slap him around some.

Logistic incompetence makes me crazy.

And it is even more difficult for me because I am often the contact or reference person for the venues.

I have come to hold the opinion that no one knows how to book a band. :twisted:

Been quite helpful in testing my patience. :wink:
#150285 by gtZip
Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:01 pm
PaperDog wrote:

And occasionally explode the mannequin!