This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#138421 by Barry Wilson
Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:45 am
I remember learning proud mary on the ukelele in grade 5 music class. tom dooley as well come to think of it... folesom prison was in gr6 when we got to guitars.

as a band first song I did was hold the line, toto

#138424 by gtZip
Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:55 am
ABC's
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

#138462 by 1collaborator
Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:45 pm
House of the rising sun was the fist I leared to sing and play on the guitar.

I rember Mom singing and playing a song when I was very young and I don't know the name of it but would kill to find it again. It ended in the chorus with " If some folks would leave us alone". Thats all I can remember of it since its probably bee 35 years since I heard her sing it last.

#138466 by neanderpaul
Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:50 pm
1collaborator wrote:House of the rising sun was the fist I leared to sing and play on the guitar.

I rember Mom singing and playing a song when I was very young and I don't know the name of it but would kill to find it again. It ended in the chorus with " If some folks would leave us alone". Thats all I can remember of it since its probably bee 35 years since I heard her sing it last.

Is it one of these?

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22+If+s ... =firefox-a

#138467 by gbheil
Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:04 pm
I was in the Choir once. I think the Art / Music teacher flunked me on purpose just to get me out . :oops:

8)

#138475 by 1collaborator
Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:16 pm
Thanks a million Paul. Its been a long time since I've heard that song " Loose Talk'. The video with Henry sellers was made down the street a couple of miles . I used to go get my bluegrass fix there once in a while. The thing about bluegrass is I get bored after moving my capo two or three times. At one time I wondered if my mom had wrote that song as I couldn't find it. But that was quite a few years ago. I think I'll learn it in memory of my mom.

#138476 by neanderpaul
Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:33 pm
1collaborator wrote:Thanks a million Paul. Its been a long time since I've heard that song " Loose Talk'. The video with Henry sellers was made down the street a couple of miles . I used to go get my bluegrass fix there once in a while. The thing about bluegrass is I get bored after moving my capo two or three times. At one time I wondered if my mom had wrote that song as I couldn't find it. But that was quite a few years ago. I think I'll learn it in memory of my mom.

Now that puts a smile on my face. :D

#149167 by AsyLum Band
Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:40 am
Dragula-Rob Zombie..wen i was 5...amazing song
#149168 by PaperDog
Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:51 am
philbymon wrote:I remember the first song I ever sang....

Never sang them, (except in my head)
Last edited by PaperDog on Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
#149169 by PaperDog
Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:52 am
philbymon wrote:I remember the first song I ever sang....

"The Lion Sleeps Tonight."
"Downtown"
"Love me do"

I was about 4 when these came out

#149176 by jw123
Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:11 pm
My old kindergarden teacher said I would get up and sing this song about Charlie The Cowboy

Guitar, Im sure Smoke on The Water was one of my first, along with Thunderbird, Tush, Duece and Communication Breakdown

#149200 by Chaeya
Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:24 pm
Rockin' Robin by Michael Jackson. After hearing his voice, I always knew I wanted to sing.

Chaeya

#149204 by MikeTalbot
Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:40 pm
I was working a cover band with two singers down in central FL - one got sick, the other 'figured' we wouldn't go on without the first one so neither one of those dipshits bothered to show.

My brother and I were stone broke and running a bar tab at the club - wondering why we had no singers. The drummer was in poor shape too. We had to go on stage.

So what was my first song? Sweet Jane, then Doo Doo Doo Heartbreaker (my soundman played trombone on that) and then I ran out of things I knew the lyrics to. So I began a talking blues thing for a long time and people seemed to like it. It helped that my brother plays lead guitar like a mad man.

Couldn't do our originals since I had never bothered to learn to sing them! I just wrote them and handed them over to the singers.

About half way through the gig I was sweating bullets but the crowd was juiced enough that it was working. Barely...then a chick singer I knew showed up and I put her on stage immediately and she baled us out. We'd worked together before which helped.

The owner knew we had winged it but everyone was smilin' at the end of the night so he paid us off. After subtracting the bar tab...

So that was my first attempt at singing. I'll post my next attempt shortly, God willing.

Talbot