This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#148387 by rushing
Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:40 pm
Am sorry,not for a child of God.God says Himself we are to put all filth and coarse speaking away from us2 COR 4 v 29,EPH 5 v3-4 COL 3v 5-10,we are to be the example of jesus as best we can,if we dont whats the point ,we are no better then thosewho dont believe,am sorry if you clam to be a God loving jesus following born again christian then walk the talk for there is no gray you are or you are not there is no fence and Gods words means what it says,there is no well this is what it really means ,if you are a christian then be one,live it eat it,walk it,God says you will know who they serve by how they live,LOOK IT UP! all you who clam to be christian and live it not chew on this,REV 3-v15 16 I KNOW YOUR WORKS THAT YOU ARE NEITHER COLD NOR HOT,I WISH YOU WERE COLD OR HOT,SO THEN BECAUSE YOU ARE LUKEWARM I WILL VOMIT YOU OUT OF MY MOUTH.Jesus would rather you not believe in Him then be wishy washy. So go ahead and think its ok to sing and speak the way you like, where you spend eternity is up to you,and eternity is a long time(.This topic is not for non believing so please dont answer)

#148388 by rushing
Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:43 pm
jw123 wrote:rushing I thought I did, Im not reading back thru but I just feel its the intent of the person recording or singing the song, if its inspired or glorifying God then its that, if it glorifys anything else then its not
You sir are the only one who did get it,thank you :D

#148390 by Etu Malku
Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:59 pm
rushing wrote:
jw123 wrote:rushing I thought I did, Im not reading back thru but I just feel its the intent of the person recording or singing the song, if its inspired or glorifying God then its that, if it glorifys anything else then its not
Oh I get it . . . and would never limit myself as an artist by the restrictions of another.

Words are only words, I can't stress enough that it is the Intention behind the Words that empower the message.

Example:
You could have Marilyn Manson sing, in a serious tone, the most divine, angelically positive verse in the NT and you know what? His Intention will shine through those Words and the sarcastic, anti-christianism in Him would be obvious.

The audible sound of a Word starts as a thought, which in turn started as an Intention . . . was the Intention to benefit or towards malice?

#148397 by Chaeya
Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:36 pm
rushing wrote:

:roll: - everyone pretty much said the same thing, you just didn't read through what everyone wrote, instead you just kept complaining about everyone going off on another direction. I answered you on this as well.

Chaeya

#148400 by rushing
Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:06 pm
if you did then this does not apply to you,and am far from complaining just would like people to read the first topic post before they start giving input on something they dont have a clue too.non christian cant reply to this they dont have the concept too,or even are in the same mind state a christian,a true christian is on this subject,not to sound harsh thats just the way it is,if one knows nothing on cars are you going to put in toe cents worth????and like i said if one did read and knows what am talking about then this does not apply nor do they need to take offence to it,right?? :D and no not everone stayed on track,did you read all the posts??? i did. i will now end this,this will be my last post on this you all can hash it out on whats.God bless you all and may God open hearts and minds to His way and will. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

#148423 by neanderpaul
Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:12 pm
Chaeya wrote:
:roll: - everyone pretty much said the same thing, you just didn't read through what everyone wrote, instead you just kept complaining about everyone going off on another direction. I answered you on this as well.

Chaeya

X2 and so did I.

#148424 by rushing
Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:59 pm
:D

#148425 by Etu Malku
Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:27 pm
rushing wrote::D
What would the 'rest' be?

#148427 by rushing
Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:44 am
i have no more to say on this,i just ask you all to reread all the post and decide for yourself if everyone stayed on the topic,or was there some derails along the way :D

#148430 by MikeTalbot
Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:20 am
Some songs just pop into my head. They are not about me but from the perspective of some persona or situation and it kinda runs on from there. Are they Christian songs? Well - I'm a Christian. But I tell stories from the perspective of all sorts of folks.

I'm not clear on what this means, hopefully not that I'm a bad guy. I hate to waste a song and I understand my characters in them - don't always like them but they matter to me.

Wish I could explain it better.

Some song writers I've met think like me, some don't and all points in between from talking to lots of them.

Talbot

#148431 by PaperDog
Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:04 am
rushing wrote:we are to be the example of jesus as best we can,if we dont whats the point ,we are no better then those who dont believe,am sorry if you claim to be a God loving jesus following born again christian then walk the talk for there is no gray you are or you are not there is no fence and Gods words means what it says,there is no well this is what it really means ,if you are a christian then be one,live it eat it,walk it,God says you will know who they serve by how they live,LOOK IT UP! all you who clam to be christian and live it not chew on this,REV 3-v15 16 I KNOW YOUR WORKS THAT YOU ARE NEITHER COLD NOR HOT,I WISH YOU WERE COLD OR HOT,SO THEN BECAUSE YOU ARE LUKEWARM I WILL VOMIT YOU OUT OF MY MOUTH. Jesus would rather you not believe in Him then be wishy washy. So go ahead and think its ok to sing and speak the way you like, where you spend eternity is up to you,and eternity is a long time(.This topic is not for non believing so please dont answer)

I have read this statement above carefully and would like to share an analogy. Instead of a song, lets use the model of extemporaneous prose. ...For those that do not know what that means, briefly, it's any essay and/or speech shot from the hip (as opposed to a well planned / formal essay/speech).

Using Etu's postulation of "intent" behind words, Lets examine the intent behind the words of Rushing's extemporaneous prose (above).

On close examination, an argument about the veracity, and sincerity of faith is being made. Veracity, i.e. by using the argument of "Lukewarm" to measure the perceived disappointment that Christ feels, toward the "Washy-Washy" who sit on the "Fence". The author here has taken the liberty to speak 'for' Jesus by claiming a specific preference, belonging to Jesus. However, I would submit that the author's (Rushing's) inference of Jesus's sentiment, might be misleading.

Point 1) I have it on very solid authority, that in no way, under any circumstances , does Jesus ever prefer you NOT to believe, given the option to believe. The assumption that he would rather have you NOT believe than to sit on the fence, is patently wrong, and is strictly the opinion of Rushing.

Point 2) The inference of "eternity" bears no direct relevance to (Point 1)

Given just these two points (And I could have gone on) , We can conclude that the "intent of The Words" in Rushing's prose, may have served more as a veiled threat, than a as a useful gospel of Good news.

If that be the case, then, Mr Rushing, I hope you understand that its a very dangerous proposition on your part to use the word Of God as a weapon against the other Children of God. In fact, doing so,

1) Creates More resistance and resentment toward the Plan of God and that of Christs love

2) Smacks as a work of the devil. (If I were God, and you represented me this way, I might consider working up a lightening bolt. (SO, Look for a storm in your area soon) ) :P

Etu, I have made an attempt to defend your case here, as I realize, you and many other face a constant barrage of judgments from unqualified spiriters in the name of Christ...

But you are not off the hook...You hailed Satan...

Instead, try hailing a Cab... and ask the driver what he thinks about lukewarm coffee

#148434 by Crunchysoundbite
Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:58 pm
Etu Malku wrote:
rushing wrote:
Oh I get it . . . and would never limit myself as an artist by the restrictions of another.

Words are only words, I can't stress enough that it is the Intention behind the Words that empower the message.

Example:
You could have Marilyn Manson sing, in a serious tone, the most divine, angelically positive verse in the NT and you know what? His Intention will shine through those Words and the sarcastic, anti-christianism in Him would be obvious.Why didn't you say that in the first place.

The audible sound of a Word starts as a thought, which in turn started as an Intention . . . was the Intention to benefit or towards malice?
:roll: :roll:

#148438 by Etu Malku
Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:21 pm
But you are not off the hook...You hailed Satan...

Instead, try hailing a Cab... and ask the driver what he thinks about lukewarm coffee
:lol: I like that one!

Actually I am a Luciferian and not a Satanist . . . but that's besides the point.
The Point would be that, in my opinion, the Christian religion is not about these silly rules and regulations, not about Sin, it is not about guilt and persecution, not about salvation . . . all those things are what Man have attached to this Belief System.

The Word of The Christ is simply LOVE. That book you all embrace is a simple Love Letter . . . start reading it like that next time, it will open your heart up more than it is already.

Genesis 4:15
Tamen SENIOR said ut him , " secus ; si quisquam iuguolo Cain , is mos sino vengeance septem vicis super " Tunc SENIOR loco a vestigium in Cain ut nemo quisnam instituo him would iuguolo him.

#148440 by Chaeya
Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:51 pm
rushing wrote:if you did then this does not apply to you,and am far from complaining just would like people to read the first topic post before they start giving input on something they dont have a clue too.non christian cant reply to this they dont have the concept too,or even are in the same mind state a christian,a true christian is on this subject,not to sound harsh thats just the way it is,if one knows nothing on cars are you going to put in toe cents worth????and like i said if one did read and knows what am talking about then this does not apply nor do they need to take offence to it,right?? :D and no not everone stayed on track,did you read all the posts??? i did. i will now end this,this will be my last post on this you all can hash it out on whats.God bless you all and may God open hearts and minds to His way and will. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Rushing, darhlink, I am so qualified to speak for Christianity because I grew up a hardcore Catholic. I studied the Bible which was why I came to the conclusion that while it does have it's wisdom, it has its contradictions, it's words that have been taken out and re-inserted by other men who did as they saw fit. I mean at 14, I came to the conclusion that this was not right, my heart told me it wasn't right for me. What I mean by this is sometimes you can get the most worthwhile advice from people who are not of your genre.

As far as staying on topic, forums don't do that, never have and never will so you're just going to have to lighten up on that rule. That's the art of discussion, while you may have one intent, listening to everyone's input could open you up to things you've never imagined. However, how can you hear that when you're insisting that everything go your way?

Chaeya

#148445 by rushing
Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:02 pm
WOW see what i mean, this whole thing was about,music,not the bible,not faith, not in what you have faith in,or not,and look at what has been posted! i was talking about music v lyrics and look where it went,This is band mix not religion mix :D