This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#134919 by Scratchy
Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:21 am
Politics, girlfriends, and wives.
#135285 by bassman-50
Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:34 am
vedanta wrote:IVE BEEN DOIN IT FOR 8 YEARS , BUT WHEN EVER U START A NEWBAND U KNOW IT ALL GOES GOOD AND THEN ITS LIKE SOME PEOPLE JUST TURN IN TO IDIOTS AND IGNORANT C**TS AND THEY LOOSE INTEREST AND GET SCARED CUZ OH MY GOD ITS NOT A REAL JOB , AND THERES SO MANY PEOPLE DOIN IT AND I WANNA LIVE AND HAVE A GIRL AND HAVE A JOB AND EAT FOOD AND SLEEP , CUZ LIFE IS SO AWSOME
CUZ ITS YOUR FIRST TIME ON EARTH , YOU CANT BREAK THE CHAINS,
AND YOU END UP BEING A SLAVE !!! MAN I PLAY CUZ EVERYTHING ELSE IS A BUNCH OF TEMPORARY BULLSHIT AND IF U CANT SEE IT U AINT A MUSICIAN. ANY WAYS I FELT LIKE RANTIN CUZ I FELT LIKE IT.
sh*t JUST PISSES ME OF SOMETIMES. ANYWAYS CHEERS.!!

There it works! Never play with the youngsters. Find older more experienced players. No drinking first set, no ego's, structure the band, your job here your job here. Select music which fits the venue. As far as the "I won't play that is bs, people like that U send packing." Warn them in advance to the rules. You must set the standard. A band is business no a group butt ____. Look 4 me on bandmix.com bassman-50. "The Bassman" Or contact me [email protected]
#137806 by JRMII
Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:56 am
I find it incredible that people post their resume in bandmix, looking for a band or want to form one, you send them a message (after having paid to join so you can send message) and they don't even have the dicency to reply to say "yes please", or "no thank you",or "found something else", etc.
I am not used to that as in Europe I always found people would reply when they said they were looking, even if they were not interested in what the band wanted to do, they would still say "no thank you, not my style, or not what I want to do, etc.".
I know we are just semi-pro, but we don't have to behave like that or like amateurs, if you think professional, and behave professional you will come accross professional when you play.
Maybe this note I written, will mean that no one will ever want to join my band but I think it had to be said, so that people that are looking take the time to reply to someone that took the time to write to them in reply to their ad.
"Old rockers don't die, they just smell that way"..... Peace and Chicken soup.

#137888 by Krul
Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:26 am
I'm with ya JR! It irks me when I send a sincere note, only to see that the person looked at my profile, but didn't have the decency to just tell me what the scoop was. Not praising myself here, but I respond to every message I get. People have always appreciated that.

It's not just about being professional, it's about common courtesy and manners!

#140033 by Prevaler
Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:19 pm
Wow, all the things to look forward to in trying to put together a band again. I'm glad I stopped in to get perspective. Hopefully I will find in my older age bracket, a group of individuals that just like to play for the sake of playing... you know the 'feel good' reasons.
Thanks for all the insight.

#140038 by Prevaler
Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:44 pm
Yes JRMII you are so right about so many people not having the proffesional courtesy to reply to messages. But, in a way that is a good thing because it weeds out the chaff that you wouldn't want to do business with anyway.

#140479 by KLUGMO
Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:20 am
You know most families only stay together because they're blood. :lol:
Band mates should be friends first or they'll pay later.[/b]

#140520 by jimmydanger
Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:18 pm
Very true Klug. This is why most bands don't last a year and why we've been together for 12.

#140530 by gbheil
Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:11 pm
Might add that one not need be a professional musician to maintain an efficient and professional attitude.

#145653 by Krul
Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:12 am
nazz315430 wrote:hello, been there and keeping it together can be a challenge.
If i had to pick a few key ingredients to having a band stick together it would be, 1) band chemistry 2) how bad do you want to succeed? 3) dont ever stop believing in the dream.

nazz315430

Nazz, you have the key ingredients!

#145703 by barbcast
Sun May 01, 2011 1:12 am
Crip2Nite wrote:I definitely feel your pain :lol: :lol: :lol: but... Let's see...hmmmm... I have a wife, 2 kids, a dog, a whopping mortgage, car and bike loans, credit card bills, etc.... yet still find the time to put together a hard working band and actually play out almost every freakin' weekend. All those excuses are definitely a cop-out and used by those who shouldn't even carry the title of "musician"! :x

Amen to that... Quit the "business" for about 10 years, now I'm trying to start one up again, at the urging of some friends who'd love to see me back out there, as well as the fact that I don't feel like myself when I'm not gigging...

Wish me luck, it's gonna be a trip! :)

#145730 by Crip2nite
Sun May 01, 2011 11:56 am
barbcast wrote:
Crip2Nite wrote:I definitely feel your pain :lol: :lol: :lol: but... Let's see...hmmmm... I have a wife, 2 kids, a dog, a whopping mortgage, car and bike loans, credit card bills, etc.... yet still find the time to put together a hard working band and actually play out almost every freakin' weekend. All those excuses are definitely a cop-out and used by those who shouldn't even carry the title of "musician"! :x

Amen to that... Quit the "business" for about 10 years, now I'm trying to start one up again, at the urging of some friends who'd love to see me back out there, as well as the fact that I don't feel like myself when I'm not gigging...

Wish me luck, it's gonna be a trip! :)

Wish you lived closer...checked your profile and believe you'll be able to find some real cool spots by you and in Manhattan once you find the musicians your seeking! :wink:
#146059 by Alex4KS
Thu May 05, 2011 4:27 am
it is because the Ego is coming in and people start wanting attention for themselves

#146107 by ZXYZ
Fri May 06, 2011 1:24 am
People change. My best friend was the other guit player and all of the sudden he wasnt the same person anymore .. (or was it me?) Dunno why it's hell to keep a band together. We went thru about 4 drummers and a lot of others (singers, bass players) b4 it became just too much and i had to get the hell out-of-there. I used to email/ phone him now and then. I asked about Barry (our best lead singer) and he said "Aw, he's dead. A heroin overdose I think . Like he didnt give a sht. fckin a-hole. No compassion at all.