This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#143334 by Prevaler
Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:45 pm
Hey Scoot, Welcome to Bandmix! .....and we need to talk.
I'll shoot you a message with some details...

#143335 by Scooter1268
Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:54 pm
Prevaler wrote:Hey Scoot, Welcome to Bandmix! .....and we need to talk.
I'll shoot you a message with some details...
Hi,yea just got on here,looks like a cool site,Im not trying to make any type of fashion statement w/my music,so I get a laugh when some may get blown out by silly things that are really not that big a deal. If the profanities had been removed it may have had more impact in general,But what do I know?

#143338 by Prevaler
Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:27 pm
Yeah, I know... my little ditty makes me sound like a 'country bumpkin', but I'm more of a 'blues rocker'. It's just a tune I wrote and recorded in my basement, dedicated to my Dad, rest his soul. I just haven't gotten around to putting anything else together.... It's the 'procrastabator' in me. LOL, that and my 6x10 day job, charity work and the occasional sleep thingy :shock:
Last edited by Prevaler on Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

#143362 by Krul
Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:40 am
Yeah, Scoot and Prevaler, you two need to jam! I heard both of your guys's playing, and it's really good. Music that has its original origins in it. Haven't heard this in a long time.

#143374 by Prevaler
Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:43 am
Hey thanks Krul. I like the way your tune has that intense 'yank effect'. I have a liking for those kinds tunes that take you from ethereal beauty to the deep dark sinister, takes you up then down, from muddy to crystal clear, etc. etc.
You may have noticed my little ditty has those changes in a subtle sort of way all inside of one chord that the rythm and bass stays the same but the melody takes you to different places. I have a tendancy to do that since I can't sing a lick :P

#143434 by Krul
Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:06 am
Thanks Prevaler! I like the way you put that(yank effect). A lot of the stuff I come up with has that characteristic. What I do is take a bunch of riffs from my vault of riffs and put them together to flow. And often, different moods will make up a single song. It never gets boring! And yeah, I can't sing a lick either but I always write lyrics to my inventions. Can't keep my voice in key for some reason.

#143439 by Prevaler
Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:55 am
Lyrics?!? It's all I can do to put a coherent sentence together when talking to myself, much less putting my thoughts to song. A lot of songs I like, I like on account of the musical composition alone. Then I find out later the lyrics are controversial when someone tells me it's about devil worship or some such. :twisted:
Way back in the day with the 'Greats', Bach, Bethoven, etc. the music rarely had lyrics but it spoke to the heart, music you could see with your ears and feel to the depths of your soul. Like the 'weeping cry' of a violin. Or a 'train rounding the bend' brought to bare with a fiddle. Two different emotions brought on by the same instrument.
Once upon a time, I could sing but had to have some malicious matter scrapped from my vocal cords... They scrapped the tone off too :cry:
#143582 by Linksinger1
Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:25 pm
Just joined...surprised at wealth of knowledge and networking capabilities here. This sure beats putting a posting at local music stores, or in "the Phoenix" in days past. Looking forward to utilizing ample available talent to form next project. Not as only avenue...just and added edge.
Take care all!

#143594 by Prevaler
Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:35 pm
Welcome to BMix Link. Hope you find everything you're looking for here. It is a good site!
Enjoy
#144479 by Pan McKracken
Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:14 pm
luis cypher this site is wrote:so i just found out the hard way that this site is no better then a 2 bit bullsh*t sex site, u know, the kind that says "free membership" then, when u try to actually utilize the service it tells u "give us money to upgrade & we will actually be of some use to u" hey bandmix, u punk ass piece of sh*ts that whole "In order to contact " ", you need to become a Premier Member" scam is not helping, supporting, or doing anything for musicians but fu*king them, we are musicians struggling to survive & to have our music heard, we r not credit card having pervs just tryin to get off, u r capitalizing on us, u r nothing but greedy, misleading low life punks to pull that kinda sh*t on us,WTF, thanks 4 nothin, i am going to go as far as to say u r lower & slimier then your average 2 bit local club scene promoter out to do nothing but take what little money us musicians have, i hope u die!! :evil: :evil:

Why not put your contact info in place of your rant homie

#144531 by K Jack
Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:09 pm
Hmmmm......
I wonder if the fellow has always been like this, or if it came upon by degrees.....?

#144532 by Etu Malku
Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:18 pm
I kinda like my Bandvista site . . . people buy tunes, say hello, give me work . . . and it's cheap!

#145223 by drag57
Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:19 pm
love this site,get `em boys!