This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#144340 by Etu Malku
Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:34 pm
Thanks for the replies!

My intention was to understand how all these Death Metal type bands are always the focal point for what people associate with a satanic current?

I mean musicians like Tool's drummer Danny Carey is a practicing Thelemite (Thelema) and utilizes many occult techniques in the creation of his drum work as well as visual appearance . . . I would definitely refer to his workl as Thelemic.

But, these bands that just have anti-Christian overtones and visually impale us with devil decor without understanding the first thing about Satanism (which not to get into a theological debate, but Drumsinhisheart you neither have a clue as to what Satanism is).

Thoughts?

#144343 by TheCaptain
Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:37 pm
I saw Iron Maiden once...

#144352 by gbheil
Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:28 pm
My "thought" is that "satanism" is the direct worshiping of satan in ritual and by designed intent.
Though any wrong minded, thought, word, or deed ( including my own misguided moments) could be considered "satanic". As satan is the origin of the evil that plagues all of mankind.

#144357 by Hayden King
Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:45 pm
it's them hippies smokin the evil devil weed that's makin that there devil music.
Yup, it was them that done went n done it :twisted:

#144361 by Etu Malku
Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:43 am
Oh stop . . . . :twisted:

Satan is a personification of the Judaic word al-satan or ha-satan (who borrowed it from the Persians' Shaiten) meaning adversary. The word is used more as a descriptive noun or pronoun. A fallen tree preventing a husband from getting to his injured wife would be considered a tree of shaiten, more or less.

Shaiten did not become Satan until much later where Jewish sects / tribes particularly the Essenes who began referring to anyone not an Essene as the Shaiten. Still further on the Roman Christian church decided it was time to personify Shaiten into Satan and have Him become the scapegoat for all evil in the Christian world.
#144363 by Crunchysoundbite
Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:21 am
I have known people that would avoid Black Sabbath because their front was very dark. In the DVD Black sabbath "THE LAST SUPPER" they (band) talk about their origins. While other bands were singing Little deuce coup, they found a void in the music market, really no worse than watching Dracula movies. One occasion, knowing of Zack Wilde's interest in art of the occult, Ozzy gave Zack a very old book on black magic. Thankfully Zach took the book, but during the night he was awaken by the "Figure in Black that stands before me." Soon to be followed by "Oh no, Please God help me!" More on that story, but you'll have to see the video. :shock:

#144382 by aristarcus
Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:05 am
I find most Christian doctrine to be a lot more scary than satanic music.
#144385 by Etu Malku
Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:17 pm
Crunchysoundbite wrote:I have known people that would avoid Black Sabbath because their front was very dark. In the DVD Black sabbath "THE LAST SUPPER" they (band) talk about their origins. While other bands were singing Little deuce coup, they found a void in the music market, really no worse than watching Dracula movies. One occasion, knowing of Zack Wilde's interest in art of the occult, Ozzy gave Zack a very old book on black magic. Thankfully Zach took the book, but during the night he was awaken by the "Figure in Black that stands before me." Soon to be followed by "Oh no, Please God help me!" More on that story, but you'll have to see the video. :shock:
Great story! Are you saying that Zak was into the artwork of the occult?

#144405 by Sir Jamsalot
Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:28 pm
Satanism is a social club of bitter agnostics. I say bitter because they feel they need to express their hate of Christianity in a way that is visibly anit-Christian. To them, Satan is nothing more than a symbol to rally around.

There are, however, some who actually worship Lucifer as if he really is their spiritual god, and they believe in God as well, they just choose the other side because its rules are geared on pleasing their lusts. But for the most part, it's just a social club they use to serve as their identity - like any other social click.

check out for instance the First Satanic Church, based in my home area of San Francisco. They list the rules of living here:

http://www.churchofsatan.com/home.html

It's all self-indulgence - oooh, scary stuff...

1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!

2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!

3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!

4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates!

5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!

6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!

7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all!

8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!

9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years!

There are plenty of non-Satanic groups that live this way in their music and utterances - they just don't use the term "Satanic".

:roll:

#144406 by Etu Malku
Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:15 pm
Being an ex-member of the Temple of Set (you'll find them close by you also) as well as in close relationship with many in the Church of Satan, as well as quite a few practicing Luciferians, I can assure you that none of these organizations are 'social clubs' in the least bit.

Actual satanists are not even remotely interested in being anti-christian, antinomian, or in any organized religion for that matter.

I would completely disagree with your statements about worshiping Lucifer (Luciferians worship their Higher-Self), none of this is about the christian Sin of Lust either, perhaps Indulgence as Anton LeVay spoke about.

Personally, I was never interested in many of the "Rules" that some of these organizations put forth.

SirJamsalot wrote:Satanism is a social club of bitter agnostics. I say bitter because they feel they need to express their hate of Christianity in a way that is visibly anit-Christian. To them, Satan is nothing more than a symbol to rally around.

There are, however, some who actually worship Lucifer as if he really is their spiritual god, and they believe in God as well, they just choose the other side because its rules are geared on pleasing their lusts. But for the most part, it's just a social club they use to serve as their identity - like any other social click.

check out for instance the First Satanic Church, based in my home area of San Francisco. They list the rules of living here:

http://www.churchofsatan.com/home.html

It's all self-indulgence - oooh, scary stuff...

1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!

2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!

3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!

4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates!

5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!

6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!

7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all!

8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!

9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years!

There are plenty of non-Satanic groups that live this way in their music and utterances - they just don't use the term "Satanic".

:roll:

#144409 by Sir Jamsalot
Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:55 pm
Etu Malku wrote:I would completely disagree with your statements about worshiping Lucifer (Luciferians worship their Higher-Self), none of this is about the christian Sin of Lust either, perhaps Indulgence as Anton LeVay spoke about.

Personally, I was never interested in many of the "Rules" that some of these organizations put forth.

There are two types of Satanists - those who believe in and worship Lucifer, and those who don't, but associate themselves symbolically with Satan, albeit everyone seems to have their own definition of Satan. If Satan isn't Lucifer to you, then I guess you have a symbol of anti-something that you identified with?

I'm curious what that something was? I'm not trying to spark an argument - it's a real curiosity to me that you would say you came out of Satanism, but say you were never interested in the whole imprimatur of it. What was the appeal for joining such a group?

peace.

#144413 by Krul
Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:01 pm
I met a guy way back who used to go to LaVey's "church". He told me, quote:It's pretty much just a bunch of weirdos who have orgies.

Of course, I wouldn't really know how much of that was really true.

I've met self-proclaimed "satanists". These types tend to be loners who have a few friends that might dabble in magic and so forth. I've noticed that these darkside types tend to be really strange, and vengeful in their way of thinking.

#144416 by Drumsinhisheart
Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:48 pm
"...but Drumsinhisheart you neither have a clue as to what Satanism is"

With all due respect, friend, outside and aside from what the Scriptures teach on the subject of Lucifer, I have little interest to know the details of the 'ism' belonging to those who practice things in harmony with the father of lies.
#144430 by Crunchysoundbite
Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:21 am
Correct me if I'm wrong but I get a big picture of someone of the occult when they're completely garbed out in Goth-ic attire. They may feel like it makes them an individual, different. It makes them look like the rest of them,wearing the same color- Black. I think that eventually it would even make a washing machine puke! :?