This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#14394 by Starfish Scott
Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:59 am
Hey folks, I had a kind of weird experience of late and i thought what a good time to share.

So a guy I met online wanted to jam recently, right?
I told him i would meet him at a local place. So we meet up and he seems like a good guy. He then tells me he has something he has to do really quick and would appreciate me going with him. I ask him what it is and he say he needs to go to his grandmas' place.

I say sure, why not?

So we drive about 20 minutes out of town down a semi-secluded area I have been through a million times.

Ok so we get nearly out of this area and he turns into a driveway that has a for sale sign in the front. I figure no big deal. We go 1/4 mile down the drive, which is long for this area. As soon as we start going down the drive, the hair stood up on my arms and on my neck. I just figured I was cold.

WE pull up to this old house that looks abandoned. I ask this guy if he is really supposed to be here. HE TELLS me that this is his grandma's house and she has been dead a little while. He goes on about how they think kids are screwing around in it, so we should be careful.

At this point, I feel odd. I feel like I want to run, but I don't know why.

He laughs and hands me a bat, in case of vagrants, etc he says.

He has a cam corder which he turns on and we go inside.

WOW, is all I have to say. Place looked f**k on the outside, abandoned. On the inside, it looks fully furnished and like someone is still living there.

So while we are inside, I notice that the lamp is plugged in and on. I turn it off and we laugh about it a little. He says he is going up stairs to check it out.

Now, I am a survivor. I don't get jumped or bumped or anything odd. I have very fast reflexes and I have seen too many movies to make myself a victim, so i tell him I'll wait for him right near the front door.

He goes up stairs and this place is bugging me out. It was only 2pm in the afternoon and it seemed like it was already getting dark, because of the tree line. I hear him moving around upstairs for about 3 minutes and then I hear this really loud WHACK, like I don't know. Not a funace, not a water heater, not like anything I can identify.

I laugh a little and go outside. Oh noooo, not me. I am not going down without an open air conflict.

He comes down stairs and yells, asking what I am doing. I laugh and say nothing, what were you doing, I ask him?

In short he thinks I was the one that made the big WHACK noise. I tell him he is on crack and daylight is burning, let's get this moving on as you are burning my jam time.

So we laugh a little and he is recording some. WE smoke a cigarette outside and he goes back in really quick to do something. (later on I find out, he removed the bulb from the lamp)

So next he wants to go down into the storm cellar from the outside basement door. (no access from the inside)

I tell him, I'll wait for him out here, leave the keys. lol
He changes his mind and we leave. My stomach is doing flips all the way until we get to the road and as we drive away, it seems like it is actually brighter outside.

SO we go jam for a while. He takes out his camcorder and is playing the footage he just took from the house. WOW, spooky as sh*t. The footage is all f**k up, with orbs all over the fing place. I could scarcely believe it.

So we are talking and he tells me that his grandma died violently in the house. They still don't know what happened, but they are selling the house CHEAP. He then tells me that he is afraid of the place and wouldn't go there alone for love or money. I get annoyed and smack him on the back of the head and thank his for taking me to the haunted house. He tells me that you can see the house a little from the road and that the fing lamp is always on. (remember he took the bulb)

So the video was just weird and we layed some music tracks on it and had a good time.

So we leave to go back to town and we are going down this road that the house is on again. It is dark now about 8pm.( we would go past it on the way to town) AS we get near the house, you can see the fing light on in the house. Actually, it looked like to me that the lamp was on again and I felt all the hair on my head stand straight up.

He asked me if I wanted to go back, I told him if he wanted to go back to the house, he could jump out of my moving Jeep any time he liked. He laughed and I looked at him and told him I wasn't kidding. I felt weird stuff before, but not like that place.

Part of staying in one piece is knowing when to say when.

I dropped him off and that's it for the story.

#14402 by Greeniemagic
Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:49 am
A friend posted this on another site but I think it's quite apt for this thread :D

"The Rules Of Halloween"

1. When it appears that you have killed the monster, NEVER check to
see if it's really dead.

2. Never read a book of demon summoning aloud, even as a joke.

3. Do not search the basement, especially if the power has gone out.

4. If your children speak to you in Latin or any other language
which they should not know, shoot them immediately. It will save you a lot
of grief in the long run. However, it will probably take several rounds to
kill them, so be prepared. This also applies to kids who speak with somebody
else's voice.

5. When you have the benefit of numbers, NEVER pair off and go
alone.

6. As a general rule, don't solve puzzles that open portals to Hell.

7. Never stand in, on, or above a grave, tomb, or crypt. This would
apply to any other house of the dead as well.

8. If you're searching for something which caused a loud noise and
find out that it's just the cat, GET THE HELL OUT!

9. If appliances start operating by themselves, do not check for
short circuits; just get out.

10. Do not take ANYTHING from the dead.

11. If you find a town which looks deserted, there's probably a good
reason for it. Don't stop and look around.

12. Don't fool with recombinant DNA technology unless you're sure
you know what you're doing.

13. If you're running from the monster, expect to trip or fall down
at least twice, more if you are female. Also note that, despite the fact
that you are running and the monster is merely shambling along, it's still
moving fast enough to catch up with you.

14. If your companions suddenly begin to exhibit uncharacteristic
behaviour such as hissing, fascination for blood, glowing eyes, increasing
hairiness, and so on, kill them immediately.

15. Stay away from certain geographical locations, some of which are
listed here: Amityville, Elm Street, Transylvania, Nilbog (you're in trouble
if you recognize this one), anywhere in Texas where chainsaws are sold, the
Bermuda Triangle, or any small town in Maine.

16. If your car runs out of gas at night on a lonely road, do not go
to the nearby deserted-looking house to phone for help. If you think that it
is strange you ran out of gas because you thought you had most of a tank,
shoot yourself instead. You are going to die anyway, and most likely be
eaten.

17. Beware of strangers bearing tools. For example: chainsaws,
staple guns, hedge trimmers, electric carving knives, combines, lawnmowers,
butane torches, soldering irons, band saws, or any devices made from
deceased companions.

18. If you find that your house is built upon a cemetery, now is the
time to move in with the in-laws. This also applies to houses that had
previous inhabitants who went mad or committed suicide or died in some
horrible fashion, or had inhabitants who performed satanic practices.

19. Dress appropriately. When investigating a noise downstairs in an
old house, women should not wear a flimsy negligee. And carry a flashlight,
not a candle.

20. Do not mention the names of demons around open flames, as these
can flare suddenly. Be especially careful of fireplaces in this regard.

21. Do not go looking for witches in the countryside at midnight

#14412 by Starfish Scott
Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:45 pm
AMEN.

I have to laugh, when he wanted to go down in the basement, I am about sh*t.

I looked at the outside basement doors and they reminded me of the barlow place in SALEM'S LOT.

Wild horses couldn't have gotten me to go down there.

I think that is why villagers burn similar places, they know not to go downstairs or inside. (tapping forehead) lol

No brain = no retirement possible/ early career ending events. lol

#14418 by Greeniemagic
Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:25 pm
The Desire song on my profile was written in a haunted house in Leeds, it's where the bass player lives. And at the end of the song where I'm holding a note, in the original take, there is a womans voice saying something...I tell thee it sent shivers down me spine when I first heard it lol. Got Dan the guy who recorded it to send me just the vocal and I cut and pasted the section into another track and increased it by 6db to make it clearer. Still can't make out what she is saying, but spooky anyway..Don't know if it's a ghostly recording or Dan playing with me but I'll try and stick it on my profile so you can listen :wink:

#14422 by Starfish Scott
Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:37 pm
Yeah, I wish Irminsul would post some VOX MORTUA.

I bet that is enough to make you crap. LOL

#14426 by Greeniemagic
Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:08 pm
Well I've stuck it on, see what you make of it. It's only a very short sample of the note I was holding (screeching lol) and the voice underneath!!

#14429 by muzickmage
Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:24 pm
Greenie .... just out of curiosity .... do you have a CD?

#14437 by Irminsul
Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:53 pm
Greeniemagic wrote:The Desire song on my profile was written in a haunted house in Leeds, it's where the bass player lives. And at the end of the song where I'm holding a note, in the original take, there is a womans voice saying something...I tell thee it sent shivers down me spine when I first heard it lol. Got Dan the guy who recorded it to send me just the vocal and I cut and pasted the section into another track and increased it by 6db to make it clearer. Still can't make out what she is saying, but spooky anyway..Don't know if it's a ghostly recording or Dan playing with me but I'll try and stick it on my profile so you can listen :wink:

Yeah Greenie I think that is called "EVP" - Electronic Voice Phenomenon and I'm working on a project right now using some well known audio clips of that phenomenon with some other music. I just don't like working on it while ALONE LOL

#14449 by Greeniemagic
Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:19 pm
Oooh that sounds good. Can't wait to hear it when you find the courage to finish it lol :D

Can send you an mp3 mage if you want. For now it's on my profile on here. Love to know what she is saying but can't make it any clearer cos I don't have the know how!! It's embedded into my vocal so can't seperate it ..

#14453 by Irminsul
Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:45 pm
Greenie I'd appreciate that mp3 too if you wouldn't mind...I'd love to at least hear it.

#14510 by Greeniemagic
Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:26 pm
Done..Go check your mail :P

#14529 by chitownfan
Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:15 pm
Going down the road the house is on again,its dark now about 8:00 pm
Great line for a song
Great story for a song
Look at what you wrote up there and you will find the words to your next song.
Yea 2 years ago I got a package in the mail
It was the address next door
It was black eyed peas and it was right before new years
Well I forgot about it in the back room and the lady next doors husband a few years back died in my back yard of a heart attack,before I moved here.
Well anyway On new years day night I went to bed with my wife and my kid was on the couch sleeping. Well about 3:00 am I woke up to a crash in the bathroom in the room right next to me and more crashs . I said to myself. What the hell is that kid doing in there. Than all the sudden some sparkling thing came through the wall and straight out the other wall to the outside of the house. The wife was sound asleep.(Im getting the creaps writing this) anyway , The hair stood on the back of my head than there was a knock at my door. Which freaked me out more . So I opened the door and it was my kid and he said,Dad I just saw a ghost. Well sh*t that confirmed it and got up turned on all the lights.
I called my sister because she is into that weird crap.
I told her about the package she told me those are for good luck for the year. So the next day I took them to next door where they belonged. Well 2 weeks later I talked with my neighber and asked if anything ever happened in this house she said just her husband died in the back yard on september 18, a few years before. Well the hair stood up again because my Dad died september 18, 2000 than I realized what time the ghost came through the same time my Dad died. No Bs the truth and there goes another song.lol

#14533 by Irminsul
Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:45 pm
Greeniemagic wrote:Done..Go check your mail :P

Thank you for that....it's very brief but it sure sounds like a human voice to me. I cannot make out what she (I think its a she) is saying. But the vast majority of EVP is like that; you can tell it's a voice but the words are from clear.

#14594 by Lady Rocker
Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:03 pm
Hey Greenie -- that's pretty trippy!! I couldn't hear it at first - I had to really crank the speakers.... I can't make what she's saying either - but I would say that that is definitely an EVP!!

That happened to me once in the band "Little Sister" -- We were recording at my house and at the beginning of the song you can clearly hear a man's voice say "again" -- we all freaked out when we heard it! Of course at first I though one of the guys did it.... but, they swear it wasn't any of them.... I wish I could post it on here -- all I have is a crappy cassette tape recording -- that's been dubbed over alot!!

That note you were holding sounded great BTW!! :wink: