This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of Canada.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#13633 by muzickmage
Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:55 am
I can remember my very first guitar back in July of 86..... wow.. was that thing a poor excuse for a musical instrument. And the damn thing cost me $140. But ... was perfect considering I didn't know how to play a single note. Hell.. I couldn't even tell you where the "E" string was ... lol.. and don't even talk about scales.

As years went by ... and I picked up on a few concepts... I settled in on a few favorites. For some reason I just couldn't get used to the Yamaha trademark.... but .... I found the Gibson and Fender to be of my liking.

Here's a first grader mistake ... lmao..... ok .... i'm playing a Gibson Guitar .... sooooooooooo .... the best choice of strings will be the Gibson brand.... right?

I eventually settled on the "Black Diamond" brand. Not the best brand.... but .... awesome for those still trying to put their skills together.

#13634 by muzickmage
Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:06 am
Speaking of Yamaha ... lol... the keyboard I have here is a Yamaha PSR-180.... and of course ..... my guitar is still a poor excuse for an instrument lol.... its an "ARIA" guitar.

#14182 by Jampy
Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:13 pm
I am a little confused by this post are you asking for others to post there choices on Guitars etc... or are you telling us yours ??

What I have:

1993 USA Fender Strat Plus
2002 Godin LG Series
2002 Gretch Historical Series
1974 Yamaha SG1
1970 Ovation

My choice is the Fender of course, but the Godin is a amazing value for the money and Canadian made !!

#14211 by RhythmMan
Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:35 pm
There is already a thread for what kinds of guitars you have, elsewhere on Bandmix . . .

#14212 by muzickmage
Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:42 pm
Is there? Sorry .... my mistake ... I should have looked first.

Thanks.

#14226 by RhythmMan
Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:48 pm
's ok.
Look around; you'll find it; it's pretty long . . . .