This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#140242 by MattFSax
Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:32 am
Anyone heard the name? Just had him do a clinic at my school (music college). He is incredible! and has a very impressive rap sheet. check him out!
On a side note: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcIIkrBL ... re=related check that out if you want to hear something incredible. If any of us had that kind of command on our instruments we would be rich! skip to 2:00 if impatient :P

#140257 by Black57
Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:15 am
Yep, cool saxaphonist. Lucky school.[/u]

#140543 by DrumsAmongUs
Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:33 pm
I've listened to Tom Scott for years, met him a couple of times. First was turned on to his stuff with an album call Tom Cat. Saw him in maybe 1977 at a Hilton Hotel in Denver, he was with Eddy Jefferson. There where no more than 30 people in the room. About 13 or so years ago I was at a convention is DC. A couple of us decided to walk back to the hotel and on a small street I saw a jazz club and the sign said "Tonight Only, Tom Scott." Went to the club and they were half way through the last set, on table available. Went in and the table was up against the stage. The band was so hot, totally amazing. The night finishes and it was like 12:00. Low and behold Tom Scott was at the bar. I asked him when the last time was that he played with Harvey Mason and he totally freaked that anybody had even remembered the music he did from the early 70's. We did shots together until nearly 2:00. It was one of the greatest time's ever. Love the guy and he is so amazing but very down to earth.

#140547 by Black57
Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:54 am
DrumsAmongUs wrote:I've listened to Tom Scott for years, met him a couple of times. First was turned on to his stuff with an album call Tom Cat. Saw him in maybe 1977 at a Hilton Hotel in Denver, he was with Eddy Jefferson. There where no more than 30 people in the room. About 13 or so years ago I was at a convention is DC. A couple of us decided to walk back to the hotel and on a small street I saw a jazz club and the sign said "Tonight Only, Tom Scott." Went to the club and they were half way through the last set, on table available. Went in and the table was up against the stage. The band was so hot, totally amazing. The night finishes and it was like 12:00. Low and behold Tom Scott was at the bar. I asked him when the last time was that he played with Harvey Mason and he totally freaked that anybody had even remembered the music he did from the early 70's. We did shots together until nearly 2:00. It was one of the greatest time's ever. Love the guy and he is so amazing but very down to earth.

Love this story!!!

#140559 by gbheil
Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:44 pm
Yep ... great story!

If I did shots till 2am I'd be down ... on the floor. :D

#140561 by Chaeya
Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:16 pm
That's a nice story, but I was laughing about doing shots till 2 a.m. too. I can't help but picture that episode of Family Guy where Peter goes to Ireland to meet his real dad and they get so drunk no one can understand what they're saying.

Chaeya

#140580 by Mike Nobody
Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:04 pm
Chaeya wrote:That's a nice story, but I was laughing about doing shots till 2 a.m. too. I can't help but picture that episode of Family Guy where Peter goes to Ireland to meet his real dad and they get so drunk no one can understand what they're saying.

Chaeya

They had drunk subtitles. :lol:
#141941 by DrumsAmongUs
Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:31 pm
Well I never said I remembered the conversation, at least not a lot of it! Shots and wasted, that's for sure. Love the Family Guy reference, could be true.