This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#137655 by Hayden King
Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:26 pm
excellent!

#137669 by gbheil
Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:50 pm
Yes it is excellent. :D

I am on occasion treated by a musician in the hospital.
More often than not it is one of the elderly whom still " has it "
Have seen some awesome performance of vocals guitars and piano.

The effect on the hospitalized population is palpable.

#137676 by Krul
Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:56 am
How rewarding it would be to play for patients in the hospital.

#137678 by Barry Wilson
Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:59 am
That is such a cool thing to see.

#137712 by KLUGMO
Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:07 pm
This is such a great idea. I would Love to get involved with that someday.
great post.

#138159 by darkmuse
Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:09 am
Music therapy can work miracles! Music can bring a smile or remind of us of a fond memory; more importantly, music brings us all together as it is a common thread, a universal language.

I work in a local hospital and I sing for some of my patients, especially those who are anxious or worried. If I could, I'd take my keyboard up there and play away and entertain them all. It gives you such a good feeling to know that you helped someone feel better and that you got them to smile.

#138160 by Black57
Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:19 am
Wow, thanks so much. I have always had the strong desire of being a music therapist but there has never been a school near me. I checked out the nearest MOC location to me and it is just down the street from me. I pass that hospital everyday. Thank you so much!!!

#138172 by Mike Nobody
Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:06 am
Black57 wrote:Wow, thanks so much. I have always had the strong desire of being a music therapist but there has never been a school near me. I checked out the nearest MOC location to me and it is just down the street from me. I pass that hospital everyday. Thank you so much!!!

My music might put people INTO therapy. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84aRTri8AAk

#138180 by TheCaptain
Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:46 pm
ay our hospital where I work, we have a big shiny yamaha grand in the lobby that folks sign up for(employees mostly) to play.
pretty cool.

#138238 by Black57
Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:20 am
Mike Nobody wrote:
Black57 wrote:Wow, thanks so much. I have always had the strong desire of being a music therapist but there has never been a school near me. I checked out the nearest MOC location to me and it is just down the street from me. I pass that hospital everyday. Thank you so much!!!

My music might put people INTO therapy. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84aRTri8AAk

Well, hey Mike Nobody, at least you will be keeping therapists employed. Someone's gotta do it. :wink:

#138240 by Black57
Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:21 am
celticpiping wrote:ay our hospital where I work, we have a big shiny yamaha grand in the lobby that folks sign up for(employees mostly) to play.
pretty cool.

Wow Piping that is cool.