This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Talk with other musicians and industry professionals.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#133933 by philbymon
Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:15 am
Ya know, I gotta tell ya - I like this song on your profile.

I know - it's dated & semi-generic - BUT (& this is a big but!) - it's melodic, it's memorable, it's danceable, it's recorded & produced very well...& beyond that, I like it!

I wish you all the luck in the world. You have obviously put in some time & effort in your work.

I'm gonna do something that I very very rarely do - i'm gonna recommend you on the General Chat page. (I'll have you know that that is a very high honor on the "Philby scale!")

#133940 by KLUGMO
Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:36 am
I find your music:

catchy
well recorded
well written
up beat
professional
full of potential
well played
great guitar sound

suggestions:

Seperate keys more from center of recording
keep your rhythm centered and other instruments
leaning to left or right. This will make your song seem
bigger and more interesting to the ear.

KLUGMO

#133942 by philbymon
Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:41 am
Okay...I've been thinking about your question.

I don't know if the material on your profile page is typical of your work (& I don't go off-site to listen, cuz most sites don't work for me).

You have the studio chops & the vocalist to do whatever you need to do. The "It's Not Over" song would have been PERFECT in 1986. I question whether it will be relevant in today's market. If this IS typical of your repertoire, I would suggest you try to get your music into movies, or commercials (don't gasp or take offense - they work!).

Do you cross over into other genres, in your writing & recording? I would like to hear more. Thus far, I'm kinda impressed (obviously), & I'm curious as to what else you do.

I sent a non-BM friend to listen, who is also a non-muso (which, after all, IS your target audience), & this is what she said -

"Pretty Good. Sounds like the same ole same ole. But has good potential"

See?

But don't be discouraged by any of this. She also said, "I can also see them on an American Idol contest for bands or on a top 10 radio station. There's just nothing unique about them."

What you need is more of a signature sound that's easily recognizable, & more modern material from this piece, imho...as well as a knowledge of who to talk with, where to play, & a shitload of luck, which I wish you in all your endeavors.

#133945 by gbheil
Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:03 am
Only time will tell if you have the endurance and will.

#133984 by philbymon
Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:54 am
I'm also not saying that there is no chance with this material.

As has been stated before, in other threads, there are resurgences again & again in music, & it may well be time for this type of song to be a huge hit. I really hope it does, for you.

It really IS good.

Keep working!
#235127 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:52 pm
Great sound, the one thing that doesn't appeal to me is the dance-drum machine beat. I listened to the first 3 songs on your soundcloud site and they all had the same beat.