This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#120496 by dizzizz
Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:50 am
Fab Flange. It's a toy, I'd never actually play in front of anyone with it. It has to be at the end of my effects chain or it craps out. two of the knobs are on backwards. I had to open it up and take a little slip of paper out from between two contacts for it to even work.

#121889 by Patrick Grant
Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:38 pm
I use a Rocktron Sonic Glory overdrive, which I almost hate to say sounds really good with my rig. Cost me $20 used, and sounds pretty much like a Tube Screamer. It has a tough aluminum housing, military type switch, nice bright blue LED, I can't complain for $20. I do intend to get a old Ibanez Sonic Distortion or Tube Screamer in the near future, to go with my other vintage Ibanez pedals. But I will always keep it for a backup. :wink:

#123152 by 335 Guy
Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:18 pm
The least expensive pedal I currently have is an Ibanez DE7 Echo/Delay I picked up for about $45.00 new. They usually cost more but that's pretty cheap for a decent echo/delay pedal. Most are over $100.00. It's not the best but it is pretty good. It can have a little of that cold digital sound but I haven't compared it with anything else. All my other pedals are anywhere from $90.00 to $225.00, except for my inline pedal tuner, which is a Planet Waves thing. It's ok, get's ya in tune but has some drawbacks.

#123805 by T Lagumina
Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:55 pm
:D you all have me beat on price $99,but, i have a digitech rp150....i can make it sound like anything i want and add any effects i want..i run it direct into my interface, and out the monitors and can control the volume and feedback...thick, rich,grinding distorted or crystal clear acoustics....huge bang for the buck....

#123872 by Rob Main
Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:16 pm
the cheapest was my marshall guvn'r for 35 bucks

#125490 by JamminJeffShire
Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:19 pm
Many pedals have come and gone but for some reason I keep around a DOD
FX22 VIBRO THANG. It's a bit of a tone suck but I don't keep it in the chain unless for a specific purpose. Not being true bypass helps by cutting the high end which produces solid low end.

Through a 4x12 Marshall Cab it can throw some good air like a two dimensional leslie cabinet. I had a full size lez cab many years ago and it's easier just to use pedals.

In contrast, I like my Dunlop Roto Vibe but for a few bucks, I would recommend the DOD FX22 if you like that sort of thing.
#128731 by dennisicb
Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:00 pm
I use a Morley Power Wah Boost from the late 70's that I bought for $20 in front of my Trainwreck Clone. Sounds great for a lead boost

#128807 by jw123
Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:47 pm
My foot!

#128808 by gbheil
Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:09 pm
Still not using one. Just me, my Goddess, and my amp.

#131866 by Lizzy Janes Rescue
Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:04 pm
The Line 6 Echo Park I just got off of Craigslist for $45. It's not really a cheap pedal but I got mine cheap. :wink:
#139572 by Crunchysoundbite
Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:30 am
Although you may find various pedals that do specific jobs, some that have dual purpose,(ie; I have a wah pedal that doubles as a volume foot cont.), the pedal I have that makes me happiest is the RP70 Modeling Guitar Prossessor. To start, it has a multi-led tuner, more accurate than my Crate 212 amp (on board). Then it has 16 different effects, all of which can be blended through 50 different preset channels or 50 more custom channels you mix and save/retrieve through comp. readout- (digital numbers). It' digital library also carries auto drums, which you control the beat volume and speed independant from the guitar modeling mode, yet plug one guitar in, and with stereo outs can be plugged into two amps. Set one amp to clean channel, the other with distortion and BAM! you have skyscraper sound that carries like Boston.It doesn't stop there, Then you can choose through the library for Many different footpedals (by name) and still better yet a Whole bunch of diff. amps (by name). All of this and then some at the touch of 2 f/p switches... for about $80.00. Crunch! :D

#139757 by Douglas Rawlings
Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:25 am
Digitech RP14D. Bought it used for $10.

#171526 by AJ6stringsting
Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:29 am
My cheapest guilty tonal pleasure is the Hot Watt II. I put it in my effects loop on my ole Digitech RP-1 for a gain/ solo boost. :lol:

#172662 by cmacoustic
Thu May 10, 2012 2:12 pm
Cheapest pedal I've got is a Behringer (yeah, I know they've got a bad reputation, but some of the cheapo ones do work OK) CS400 Compressor/Sustainer.

Will be using it to even out the peaks with my Acoustic Geetar when I start playing at open mic nights.

Behringer pedals are worth a punt with 'em being so cheap.