This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#12573 by muskrat11
Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:16 am
I am in Abilene and have been looking for a serious bass player for about a year, just cann't find anyone that can commit to a serious working band. All around here want to play that "no talent needed" heavy metal BS!

#12892 by Bobaloo in Mountain House
Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:12 am
...can get kind of frustrating at times

8)

#13360 by Darryl Ellyson
Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:53 pm
Hello Folks I'm a Singer, who became a singer guitar player who became a singer songwriter. Been performing since I was 18. Took 17 years off to raise a family and now I'm back after it. The voice is still strong, guitar playing is better now that the head is clearer :lol:

I've been asked to record a Contemporary Christian album and have recently received the first song. It's an exciting venture and I'm looking forward to the coming months.

I also will be putting an adult contemporary album together, the first song is included in my profile, give it a listen.

I'm new to the site so if I've overstepped please forgive me. 8)

><))))*>

#13361 by RhythmMan
Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:17 pm
Welcome, S.A.B and Big EL.
Big EL - there's no song on your profile.
#13362 by Darryl Ellyson
Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:26 pm
Not sure why.....I've uploaded two and you're right they're not up but the video is.

A solo Youtube video

><))))*>

#13548 by GOES211
Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:58 pm
Hey, Robert here. I am a drummer in Mpls. MN looking for my next band. Of course I am already in 2 bands but one may be taking a hiatus...

Check me out live on the 31st of Oct. at Club Underground... both bands I am in are playing..

Check out my stuff in my profile or you can hear some more here: http://www.houseluna.com/drummer.htm

Dream band would be something like Metric meets Blonde Redhead meets Dream Theater... I know, that's kinda wack! But that's what keeps me interested!

Robert
http://www.myspace.com/goes211

#13627 by LittleLuke
Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:52 am
Little Luke here: harp and vocals. That's my retirement plan anyway. Also a graphic designer, illustrator (see www.mexicomexico.com) and interactive media designer. Currently sit in regularly with local bands in the Minneapolis area. Practice weekly with a band called the Wombats. Usually gig monthly. We do some originals. Mostly obscure covers. From blues to surf to reggae to funk to whatever Dylan is.

#14530 by chitownfan
Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:37 pm
Im fairly new and sing play Keys and guitar play in the band Oneway-up. cool site sighned in here awile ago, but didnt start posting till I hurt my back and Im healing so Im not working right now. I work in Chicago as a union carpenter. I live about 20 miles outside chicago on the Indiana side. Was born in Illinois and transplanted years ago. I love all kinds of music. Oh Im a songwriter too.
Nice to meet you .

#14605 by jw123
Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:42 pm
singer/songwriter/guitarist/bass player

from the MEMPHIS TN area

looking for folks to play with

#14617 by Telejo
Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:07 pm
Hi,
Country banjo player from Kansas. Just retired. I play in a casual band with friends. Hope to get more serious and gig more regularly, now that I have more time. 8)

#14807 by OldMusiciansNeverDie
Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:38 pm
Hello All! I am a drummer living near Toledo, Ohio. I recently came back from a 20+ year hiatus from playing. Raising kids and working got in the way of my first love (hope my wife doesn't read this!). Anyway, I have been back working out the kinks and getting my chops back after such a LONG break. I love playing more now than I did back in the 70's & 80's when I was gigging 3-5 nights/week. Looking for some like-minded musicians to see what heppens next.

Great Forum, by the way!

#14811 by RhythmMan
Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:14 pm
Welcome, guys.
#15031 by ted_lord
Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:16 pm
just started to play bass last year (almost exactly) went from not knowing much of anything to the few recordings I've deemed worthy of the web, its kinda of hard when you have a death metal drummer living with you telling you that you suck the whole time, but my other brother never touches his guitar which pushed me to work harder, a heavy influence from justin chancellor of tool, coal chamber, and progressive trippy stuff like pink floyd and Emerson Lake & Palmer. hoping my pregnant girlfriend will want to pursue the dream afterwards she got opera lessons years ago and hasn't done much with it I guess, an she knows a few guitar chords, so I have good possibilities before me now to make them reality
#15116 by Franny
Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:09 am
tedlord wrote:just started to play bass last year (almost exactly) went from not knowing much of anything to the few recordings I've deemed worthy of the web, its kinda of hard when you have a death metal drummer living with you telling you that you suck the whole time, but my other brother never touches his guitar which pushed me to work harder, a heavy influence from justin chancellor of tool, coal chamber, and progressive trippy stuff like pink floyd and Emerson Lake & Palmer. hoping my pregnant girlfriend will want to pursue the dream afterwards she got opera lessons years ago and hasn't done much with it I guess, an she knows a few guitar chords, so I have good possibilities before me now to make them reality
Hello tedlord, as you can see by the avatar i'm a bassist; and i'd like to extend to you an invitation to email me to "talk shop" if you'd like.
One of my mails is:
frantasy @ mail . com
Welcome to the deep end. 8)