This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#9733 by Iraqirick
Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:53 pm
I have been trying to find some good Jazz & Blues players but it seems that everyone that i talk to wants nothing to do with that style of music. could you please give me some advice on this because i must be doing or saying something wrong. LOL

#9736 by RhythmMan
Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:47 pm
They are out there.
This message board has gone through several phases over the years.
A couple years ago, it seemed to be primarily heavy metal.
Either look around to other sites, or hang in here for another 6 months or so . . . a blues / jazz influence might show up . . .
I suspect you might not find many younger musicians playing jazz/blues.

#9745 by Mike Gentry
Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:30 pm
I'm a blues guitarist. There are a lot of good blues players out there. Just visit some of the blues sites. I'm only 20 years old so not every young guy is just into heavy metal. You can check out some of my blues at the link below or you can click on my profile for a couple of songs.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... dID=591273

#9760 by C.Cat
Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:46 am
Samic-BluesFunkJazz wrote:I suspect you might not find many younger musicians playing jazz/blues.

I've seen lots of young jazz musicians

#9763 by Iraqirick
Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:44 pm
If anyone knows of any players in the Mobile,Al or gulfport,Ms area please let me know. Hey ya'll thanks for the advice it has giving me hope afterall
#9791 by drummbeast192
Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:52 am
hey im a drummer i can play jazz and bles but not my best quality
#9966 by fisherman bob
Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:29 am
Contact all the music stores in your area and find out the names and phone numbers of the guitar teachers. Call them up and ask if they have any star pupils in the blues-jazz styles. Go to as many blues/jazz jams as possible and listen to the guitarists, hear any good ones introduce yourself. Tell every single person you know you're looking for a blues/jazz guitarist. Most everyone knows a guitar player or two, and some of the people you know may even play guitar themselves. Run ads on other websites (Community musician, backpage.com, craig's list, etc.). You're in a good state for blues, you should be able to find somebody quick. Later...

#9969 by RhythmMan
Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:16 pm
Anybody here like Cool Jazz?
I just finished recording the last track of "Blue Rabbit Jazz."
The bass gives this pleasant song it's direction.
Also - if anyone within 25 miles of N. Madison, CT. enjoys this stuff, give me a shout.
Please, please - experienced musicians and singers only.
Thanks.
#127926 by When Life Fails
Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:34 pm
drummbeast192 wrote:hey im a drummer i can play jazz and bles but not my best quality

Hey bro if you're still looking for a band we are trying to find a drummer we are out of Landrum, where we have a decent sized rehearsal space and can as loud and as late as we need to, and if you're interested maybe you can come by one night and jam out with us?

If interested hit us up at 3525128380.

Later,
Sun

#127978 by gbheil
Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:50 pm
Wow 2007.

Wonder if the dude is even still alive ??

#128044 by fisherman bob
Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:31 am
how do people find these really old posts? Is there an encyclopedia of Bandmix posts somewhere on here I'm not aware of? Can you plug in key words or phrases on here to see if there's a post about them? It's WEIRD for an ancient post to pop up...