This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#104958 by gbheil
Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:05 pm
That is a pretty complicated set up Jim.
I hate the way effects, effect my basic tone. :twisted:
I have considered an A/B box to separate the whole effects chain from my amp.
To be sure my preference would be to just play my freakin guitar. :twisted:

#104963 by Jim-FindingFortress
Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:14 pm
Yeah it's a little complicated sans but once you get used to it it's nice to be able to add a slightly different tone to different songs and solos. I'd never do it without the a/b switch so I can just go straight to the main amp for tone on the crunch though - nothing better than the built in amp head overdrive on a Mesa... haven't seen a pedal beat out an amp head in my days yet - but I always have a lot to learn too :-)

#105001 by gbheil
Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:00 pm
Perhaps one day I'll give Mesa's a try.

Forgive me Carvin for I have sinned. :lol:

#105160 by Jim-FindingFortress
Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:36 pm
Hey nothing wrong with Carvin's man - I just really like the overdrive tone you can get out of a Mesa, and the pinch harmonics sound amazing if you wanna pull of a good squeal.

#119894 by AJ6stringsting
Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:59 am
I got the Whammy effect on my ancient RP-12 (1997 model), the effect is awesome when you got a guitar that doesn't have good locking tremolo. And it's a neat toy to have for special effects. :twisted:

#119931 by Starfish Scott
Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:23 pm
IF you can't do a pinch harmonic with nothing more than a guitar and a loud amp, just throw away your guitar and take up a new hobby.

#124360 by FU
Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:57 pm
The whammy pedal pumps up your sound as well.
That gain pot is a secret weapon for slamming the input of your amp.
I have the black whammy 2 and it hasn't come off my pedal board since 96.

#124365 by gbheil
Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:21 pm
Have worked a little with that FU, using the gain in the pedal as a boost.
Seems for my style it works well for me to use the rheostat on my guitar.
I accidentally do an occasional reach for the tone control instead of the volume while I tweak on the fly. My amp feeds the PA for mains via the voiced out, so if I set the PA gain on my channel just right, the mains parallels my amp in volume and tone, I don't even feed into the monitors. as my amp is my "stage environment".
Ray has an active P/U guitar => multi-effects pedal => S/S amp => PA with no ambient sound but feed L/R monitor & mains
Eric has his bass=> his 15" combo amp => Bass system PA which also receives Steve's drum mics and feeds all into the Main PA as well as driving three more 15"s in the bass system.
Vocal and overhead cymbal mics go directly into the main PA
The main speakers are three way as well.

Not sure why I went through all that.
But it felt good. :D