This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#122519 by sadgjaos
Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:21 am
We would like to thank everyone here for there generosity and friendliness.

A month or two ago we asked kindly for y'all to contact a user by the name of Ryan B for us, and he got your message.
We met up with him a a couple weeks ago. It didn't work out with him but the news isn't all bad!

Image!!!

Listen here
Our first single Three is finished and available for download on iTunes!

If you like what you hear buy our song and get all your smart friends to buy our song - so we can afford to record more great songs for you listen to!

Enjoy!
Last edited by sadgjaos on Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

#122520 by philbymon
Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:35 am
So, when does the begging end? When do you start to give back to us little ppl?

You ought to be GIVING the song to the site that gave ya something, but no...you're just back selling your stuff & asking for more 'support.'

I just don't get the gall of some ppl...

Funny way to say 'thank you,' if you ask me.

#122536 by sadgjaos
Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:20 am
philbymon wrote:So, when does the begging end? When do you start to give back to us little ppl?

You ought to be GIVING the song to the site that gave ya something, but no...you're just back selling your stuff & asking for more 'support.'

I just don't get the gall of some ppl...

Funny way to say 'thank you,' if you ask me.

If you really want the song and can't afford it for whatever reason I can send it to ya for free, bud. Just send me a PM

#122545 by Starfish Scott
Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:59 pm
LOL Is this guy for real, Phil?

Please tell me he's a bot.

#122586 by sadgjaos
Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:57 pm
Bandmix is supposed to be a place to bring musicians together, not rip them apart. If you don't like the song, that's fine. To each his own, but why are you always at our throats? How can you expect to ever succeed unless you treat others with respect? If you are warm and generous people respond in kind. You catch more flies in honey than in vinegar. :wink:

#122591 by philbymon
Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:06 pm
Yes, but honey-coated bullshit is still bullshit at the core.

#122613 by sadgjaos
Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:25 pm
philbymon wrote:Yes, but honey-coated bullshit is still bullshit at the core.

Some people appreciate what we have to offer. Perhaps you think they're naive, but if people enjoy the music, what else is there?

I personally am not into the kind of music that you make, but I know some people are. It has merit. I'm not going to call it ''bullshit'' even though you've been consistently negative towards us.

Isn't there a way forward? Can't we drop our leaden grudges and create rather than destroy?
Last edited by sadgjaos on Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

#122617 by philbymon
Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:33 pm
I'm not criticizing your music. I haven't heard it. I prolly won't bother to check it out because you have been nothing more than a freeloading panhandler since you came in here. You haven't been involved with anything at all save your own benefit. You haven't met any of us. You know nothing about us, yet nothing stops you from begging favors, does it?

I'm more than a little put off by your coming in here asking ppl who PAID to contact ppl for you, & then, once they've done that, coming back & asking for ppl to buy your songs.

We are musicians, NOT FANS!

Those of us who have paid, did so to better their lot, NOT YOURS!

Get it, yet?

You might have a chance with me & some others, had you been a participating member of the forum. You are not. You are just a self-aggrandizing, self-absorbed, self-promoting beggar, who only takes, & never gives.

Are you a pro? There are ppl in here who could use your expertise, if you are. Give some advice. Get to know ppl. Be a member of the community rather than a leach on it.

#122619 by Chaeya
Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:40 pm
Fringe, if you want support why not come here and hang out and get to know some of the people here. I'm very busy too, but I like staying in touch with musicians and you just never know where that can lead you. Coming here and just asking people to buy your stuff is annoying, especially when this site is bombarded everyday with publicity bots.

How did these guys tear you down when mentioned they helped you get in touch with someone? Why don't you offer people a free download? If they really like your stuff, let them ask you where to buy your music.

There are tons and tons of musicians out there and they're all trying to do what you're doing. If you just post up your ad and you don't contribute in any way, people will get mad at you.

You got to put out to get out. I work a full time job and I spend every little free time in my day posting on all the different boards I belong to. People know me there, so when I post up a check me out, I get checked out because they know me. Promotion is getting to know people, not sticking ads everywhere. Just sayin'.

Chaeya

#122622 by Krul
Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:47 pm
Here here, all this is true!

I have a bunch of Cd's, tapes, records, and an iPod at my service. No reason for me to buy an unknowns music. See what I mean?

#122627 by sadgjaos
Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:26 pm
You've never met us either bud. But that didn't stop you from calling us "Freeloading panhandlers" who "only take and never give"

Philbymon wrote: You are just a self-aggrandizing, self-absorbed, self-promoting beggar, who only takes, & never gives.

:(

Self promotion is a fact of life, and not something I am ashamed of. If we don't advertise ourselves, no one will do it for us. And I personally like finding new music on communities like this so I don't see how i'm hurting anyone. But if you're going to call us ''self aggrandizing'' I'd like to see some evidence to support this claim, sir.

As for your bugaboo about begging; Nowhere in this post do we beg. We present you with a song. We show you where you can get it. We say that if you feel it's worth it then buy it and share it. None of that was unreasonable.

Lastly; This forum is free to use, so we didn't take that from anyone. We were kindly given a musician's contact info, so we didn't take that from anyone. What have we taken from you Philbymon? All we have done is give. Give you chances to be reasonable and civil, which you consistently spit back in our faces.

Philbymon wrote:Are you a pro? There are ppl in here who could use your expertise, if you are. Give some advice. Get to know ppl. Be a member of the community rather than a leach on it.

Chaeya wrote:You got to put out to get out. I work a full time job and I spend every little free time in my day posting on all the different boards I belong to. People know me there, so when I post up a check me out, I get checked out because they know me. Promotion is getting to know people, not sticking ads everywhere. Just sayin'.

We're not professionals, nor experts. Just some kids with a little free time.

But perhaps you're right, that we should become a more active member of the community and try to help others in what ways we can. Perhaps this would be easier if the most outspoken of this community weren't dead set on insulting us and attacking our every step.

#122634 by philbymon
Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:23 am
Well, the way you introduced yourself was a real gem - "Could someone with a Bandmix account please contact the user 'Ryanb55' for us?" That was your very first sentence to us.

Then you went on about how you were looking for "kind souls" who could basically pay your way, because you don't think the site or the contact was worth it. You can rationalize it any way you wish to, but this makes you look like a user asshole, kid. Especially since it was your very first post. Your second post almost looked like you were going to be a member of the community, but then you just went away, only to come back hawking your wares to musicians. We aren't fans, FEM. We're here to talk with one another, to learn from each other, & to help each other. It's a community, a group of regular folk who get together on a regular basis to share stuff. That doesn't mean that we "share" the opportunity to sell our CD's to each other, either.

Do you do that sh*t when you 1st meet someone in a bar? "Hey, can you buy me a drink?" "Nice to meet you. Wanna buy my CD?" Would you stand outside a lecture & ask for free info at a college to the students, who PAID for the lecture, as they left? You think that is right & proper behavior?

If so, you should go kick your mama's ass for teaching you so little about social manners.

You're damned right I'm right. You establish yourself in a community before you start looking for favors & freebies from ppl, or hawking your stuff. You find out if that behavior is right, FIRST.

If, the first time you met someone, they immediately start asking you for stuff you've paid for, you're not going to look at them kindly. Many ppl, like me & Cap & Glen, will tell you where to get off the bus, bub.

Expect more of it when you act like such a social outcast. You're just lucky Silly Fingas didn't get ahold of ya.

#122635 by Chaeya
Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:36 am
I belong to an author community and the rule is you have to have at least 100 posts before you begin asking for critiques or promoting yourself. The other writing communities I belong to will flat out delete your post if you come on spamming the board and not contributing and your membership is terminated.

Self-promotion is a fact of life, but there's a such thing as etiquette or netiquette. I know plenty of boards that will thrash you if you come on asking to be checked out and people don't know you.

As far as Phil being angry at you, I think you need to just take it and look at what he's saying because he's pretty much telling it like it is. I came here and immediately started participating, I didn't even have tunes up and I was asked to put some music up so I could be heard. So you see, you make yourself interesting enough, people will ask to hear you.

Chaeya

#122636 by sadgjaos
Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:45 am
This isn't a discussion or an argument. I've removed this post so we can all talk to walls offline.
Last edited by sadgjaos on Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

#122638 by philbymon
Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:49 am
:shock: :? :roll: :) :D :lol: :twisted: