This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#105883 by faithin
Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:37 am
it soothes the soul, I really enjoy some good ole fashion jazz tunes. though myself I play mostly Christian music, if it's the style your asking about, I play mostly in a worship type style, but then again like Elvis once said when asked what style of music he played in, I say the same thing about myself, I have my own style of music, this way no one can mimic it.
#106930 by Senior Jalapeno
Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:54 pm
Wha.... ????

You Forgot the frontrunner and Birth Place Of Jazz - Rag Time !!!

#106944 by philbymon
Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:05 pm
Yo yo Jallop-Pinnow!

How've you've been & whatcha been up to?

#106994 by RhythmMan
Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:14 pm
I like most music - including ragtime and honky tonk piano, but that's kinda hard to play on a guitar . . .

#108296 by Black57
Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:52 am
Wow, this thread has lasted for quite some time. :)

#114828 by jangox
Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:18 pm
Great point Bob. I say the same thing. That is exactly how a musician should think if they are looking for a unique sound. I NEVER play any cover without making it different in some way.

BTW I happen to notice we aren't too far apart and you play bass.

Call me @620-224-2244 if you like

(I had such poor results when i was a premier Bandmix member that i quit paying)

#114829 by jangox
Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:29 pm
fisherman bob wrote:There's so many different types of jazz. To say that you won't play this style or that style is bizarre. Just as there's so many styles of blues. When looking for new players I often hear that I won't play any Hendrix or I don't play delta blues or I don't whatever. Why not just get together anyway and play and see what you sound like together. I tell people that we do some Stevie Ray Vaughan tunes and people say they don't play like him. So what? Play Pride and Joy whichever way you want and see what it sounds like. I DON'T CARE. When I hear people start pigeon-holing what they like and what they dislike I interpret that as being NARROW MINDED. You'll never know what the entire band sounds like UNTIL YOU GET YOUR BUTTS TOGETHER AND GIVE IT A TRY...

OOPs I was at the bottom of page two and Fisherman Bob's above quote, thinking it was the last post! Well anyway this post should clear that up.

#119886 by gbheil
Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:26 am
Like the sounds on your profile.
It don't "move me" like rock n roll. But it's good none the less.

#120787 by fieryarrow
Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:50 pm
Myself, I perform Irish trad and classical...on the harp. Somehow I think there are probably more jazz performers here than those in my genres!

#120790 by philbymon
Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:58 pm
Well, there's Rich (celticpiping).

#120822 by Stealthpaws
Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:31 am
phil you make me laugh out loud for real.

I'm a blues woman. I'd probably sing rock if I could...I'm just too old & don't like looking stupid. (There's not much harder to watch than a bunch of 50 somethin has beens dancin around in skin tight jeans and screaming about sex, drugs and Rock n Roll with ppl who in reality wouldn't look at em twice. Don't believe me? Go to some of the Long Island clubs on open mic night.) Jazz confuses the sh*t outta me. Too many damn notes. I like knowin that the band remembers where 1 is. Just in case I don't. I LOVE that old flat tire thing. Besides, like I said...I'm gettin old. I want something easy. :) Rock on tho..to those who can